PDA

View Full Version : A stupid mistake

cambodian_b
09-28-2004, 12:26 AM
Okay this is kinda stupid of me, but I just recently found out that everyone here is from Canada. I’m from Seattle, Washington, US, and I was getting confused on some stuff people wrote. When I saw Calgary, I was thinking of Calvary in Pennsylvania. If I’ve written anything in dollars or gallons, etc, please convert them and excuse my mistakes.

I don’t know Canada very well but I do know that it has gotten harder to cross back ‘n forth. Back then, I could just drive right through. Now, I need to show passport and be grilled with questions.

Weapon_R
09-28-2004, 12:28 AM
No worries. We are pretty much all able to understand what a rough estimate of US dollars are and gallons.

20incheyes
09-28-2004, 09:52 AM
I spent a summer in Medina/Bellevue a couple years ago, too much fun on Lake Washington. If you're a football fan do you recognize the last name Witsek????

cambodian_b
10-03-2004, 04:31 AM
Sorry, not familiar with the name. But I do follow college football and see who's winning or not. I go to the University of Washington in Seattle. We just lost 4 times in a row! We suck so bad this year.

illeagle
10-03-2004, 04:33 AM
:cry: My igloo is melting

Seanith
10-03-2004, 12:20 PM
You thought EVERYONE was stupid enough to always misspell "Calvary"?! :nut:
Anyways, maybe now you can learn more about your northern neighbors :)

AcuraTl
10-03-2004, 12:56 PM
yea its pretty weird up here in calgary, we just got a new grocerry store that sells toilet paper!! finally, i used to have to buy it over the internet. :poosie: :poosie: :poosie: :poosie:

SkylineAdmirer
10-03-2004, 01:08 PM
:rofl: :rofl:
Cambodian_b
o did u hear, by the way our new prime minister? mr.poutine is up for reelection?

crx62
10-03-2004, 01:09 PM
shouldn't this be in the "General" fourm? or "Ask Leo"?

ninjak84
10-03-2004, 01:39 PM
I spend alot of time in Seattle. Probably been there 20 times in the last 10 years!
Love it there, it's a nice city to spend time and have fun in.

Your drug dealers sure like their Caddilac's

sexualbanana
10-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by SkylineAdmirer

o did u hear, by the way our new prime minister? mr.poutine is up for reelection?

That's the Russian Prime Minister isn't it??

lol

Tha VZA
10-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl
yea its pretty weird up here in calgary, we just got a new grocerry store that sells toilet paper!! finally, i used to have to buy it over the internet. :poosie: :poosie: :poosie: :poosie:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:thumbsup:

ciao

civic_stylez
10-03-2004, 04:45 PM
if you can get up to canada in time everyone on beyond goes for an annual whale hunt and beaver pelt trading day..its great fun..im going to turbo my dogsled this year too......:thumbsup:

crx62
10-03-2004, 07:21 PM
LOL

SkylineAdmirer
10-03-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

That's the Russian Prime Minister isn't it??

lol

ur no fun i was tryin to make him think that was our prime minister's name, worked with the americans at my AAA hockey camp.

Zephyr
10-03-2004, 09:24 PM
WOAH.....BEYOND IS IN CANADA????? WOOOOAAAAH :rofl:

dj_rice
10-04-2004, 09:48 PM
I just heard they passed a law in Canada that now legally lets ppl have dogs as pets

LOL and Canada is trying to petition to get a 25th hour cuz we lose so much of our time to darkness...and that extra hour would help

Ben
10-04-2004, 10:12 PM
I remember being down in the US and asking "Where the washroom is"

I got this dumb blank stare as both IQ points conferenced with the lone brain cell in that big dumb cows head as she retorted "Huh? I dun think we got nun of dose".

I'm like WTF, Surely somone of your cairrage must know where to drop anchor.

Apparantly they dont have washrooms in the states, only bathrooms, shitters and outhouses.

Washroom is far more correct anyways, seeing as how public WASHROOMS dont have BATHS in them.

dj_rice
10-05-2004, 09:25 PM
Have u guys ever seen those episodes of This Hour Has 22 Minutes..where they go down to difference parts of the US and tell them some funni facts...its hiliarious how oblivious the Americans are...

They had some funni stuff, like the govt just passed a law allowing woman to go to school, or the annual seal hunt in Regina

Ferio_vti
10-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Hahaha, that's okay. Everyone gets confused once in a while. Just like everyone thinks Zephyr is a chick.

EstoMax
10-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Ben
I remember being down in the US and asking "Where the washroom is"

I got this dumb blank stare as both IQ points conferenced with the lone brain cell in that big dumb cows head as she retorted "Huh? I dun think we got nun of dose".

I'm like WTF, Surely somone of your cairrage must know where to drop anchor.

Apparantly they dont have washrooms in the states, only bathrooms, shitters and outhouses.

Washroom is far more correct anyways, seeing as how public WASHROOMS dont have BATHS in them.

lol, i dono im from seattle i usually ask where the restroom is if im out somewhere.. and thats what the signs say too

but yea my friend from canada always refers to it as washroom its pretty funny

max

SkylineAdmirer
10-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Have u guys ever seen those episodes of This Hour Has 22 Minutes..where they go down to difference parts of the US and tell them some funni facts...its hiliarious how oblivious the Americans are...

They had some funni stuff, like the govt just passed a law allowing woman to go to school, or the annual seal hunt in Regina

yea that was too funny, i liked the one where the 5 year old kid corrects the mother in her stupidity
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: unfortunately i cant remember the question

Jassie
10-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Riight Will, Just like you thought that everybody who lived in California knew how to surf and Was extreamly good looking. Also that it's never cold here and It's never snowed. ;)

SkylineAdmirer
10-08-2004, 07:46 PM
^^ its true !!! i saw it!!!

BigDannyCool
10-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by crx62
shouldn't this be in the "General" fourm? or "Ask Leo"?
if i'm not mistaken this is the "General" forum