slowazzporsche
09-28-2004, 12:11 PM
22x,xxx k.m's/14x,xxx miles
5 spd manual
non-lsd rear end
naturally aspirated
dark green with a sort of blue pearl - rare factory color
limo tint on the rear 3 windows
recent suspension work/alignment/brake work/speedo/etc.
in great shape and runs excellent, no leaks.. nothing major
custom interior, premier head unit, updated speakers
k&n filter, needs nothing mechanically, passes inspection in June

the bad:
driver's side dent, rust around the antenna and towards the back of the hatch minor and only surface, but still there

priced to sell @ $3550 firm. need to make way for the new project. ninefourfour on here has one for sale with updated rims and body panels and is lookin for $7750 so mine's a steal at this price!

a link to the pics
http://ca.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/themangogoose61/lst?.dir=/944&.view=l

typhoonslippery
09-28-2004, 12:13 PM
great car ...sorry to see that you didnt keep it ...damn insurance

slowazzporsche
09-28-2004, 05:53 PM
good winter cars here although ppl think otherwise

also, it gets 20 mpg in the city, 32 mpg on the highway!

slowazzporsche
09-29-2004, 01:32 PM
parts are VERY abundant. these things will outlast those lil civics everyone seems to love and will be just as cheap to run.. best handling car you guys will own at this age ;)

BumpinTalon
09-29-2004, 03:31 PM
ooh damn these cars are hot. Now, what does that car in the top picture have done to it? I want a porsche like that :P and maybe, just maybe I'll buy yours after I look around and see what sort of repairs this thing will need.

Def_3
09-29-2004, 03:35 PM
linky no worky

chris
09-29-2004, 08:51 PM
how big is the dent on the drivers side?, hos did you get the dent? willing to come to calgary?

slowazzporsche
09-30-2004, 09:05 AM
the dent ummm.. it's about 9" long and indented about 3/4" (i suck at describing, I'll take a pic. I got quoted 100 or so to fix it all up). the guy i bought it off of (in calgary actually) had it parked and his mom in her big stupid suv did that.. damn women! if the link isn't working try again in a bit, someone else is viewing it. I have no idea where to host otherwise I'd have a lot more pics. That one you see there has a turbo front lip, euro bumper and that's it.. a bunch of clear plastic parts :thumbsup:. Yes I'd be willing to come to calgary upon the condition that it'd be a for sure thing about the car being sold!

slowazzporsche
09-30-2004, 12:04 PM
i'll also be quite frank, I'm not willing to budge ONE dime on the price

slowazzporsche
09-30-2004, 02:31 PM
detailed pics of rust and dent uploaded.. engine bay and interior pics will be uploaded in the next 24 hrs

jaysas_63
09-30-2004, 05:41 PM
how much HP and torque, is it like 160/140 or sumtin?

chris
09-30-2004, 09:12 PM
how much would you estimate the rust would be to repair?

slowazzporsche
10-01-2004, 06:36 AM
140 whp and the same amount of torque to the wheels, considering the weight it's not too shabby.. lotsa high-end power

estimate to fix the rust... i dunno.. 10 grand? 90 dollars? I'm not in the bodyman business just tell me what you want to hear and i'll say it :dunno: , I do all my own work. Maybe around $150-250 per spot to be done and done well. That's a stab in the dark by the way. But as I've said before at this price it's a steal and really anyone who even remotely knows these cars knows this is a good price so i'm done being a salesman here. i don't NEED to sell the car.

redbaron303
10-01-2004, 02:12 PM
The car is in pretty good shape overall, especially for the money he is asking.

If you are a looking for a good condition car that may need a little bit of work (not a lot) then you should have a look at this... it could be worth the drive to check it out!

chris
10-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by slowazzporsche

custom interior

what is custom in the interior??

so are there leaks, or are there no leaks?

anyother rust then the mentioned areas?

slowazzporsche
10-02-2004, 05:53 AM
the quote specifically says "no leaks"

i took pics of all the rust spots I could find on the car.

interior pics will be posted, what's custom? It's all stripped and i've re-done parts of the door panels, centre console, etc. nothing major. still have all the interior parts

slowazzporsche
10-02-2004, 03:32 PM
pics of interior and engine bay have been uploaded, here are a few "sample" images of the car

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/mango83/interior.jpg
excuse the fact that it's dirty in there, that's what happens when you leave a window open a crack around a bunch of trees in fall :imslow:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/mango83/enginebay.jpg here's the engine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/mango83/porschefront.jpg and here's the car itself, those foglights have since been upgraded

slowazzporsche
10-03-2004, 10:58 PM
BUMP

spike7ss
10-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Bump,

Come on folks, this is a great car, wanna be different and have a real car for cheap, well here is the car for you. Why go pay 6 grand for a rusted out civic, when you can have a Porsche for half the price

Jump on this folks :eek: :burnout:

slowazzporsche
10-04-2004, 12:45 PM
and another big bump

slowazzporsche
10-05-2004, 12:18 PM
and a bump again, chassis pics uploaded.. i've uploaded every particular of this car I can think of! what's stopping you ppl? I get lotsa e-mails and p.m's.. I reply, then get nothing back

slowazzporsche
10-06-2004, 05:54 PM
650 views that aren't mine and 3 p.m's? what gives? :dunno:

little_d_mr2
10-07-2004, 12:25 PM
my buddy paid 5 G's for a later 80's 944 with bout thalf the mileage of yours and it was completely stock as well except it came with exhaust and a stereo system and it had no rust at all. yours is still very nice for the year it is and the miles that are on it:thumbsup:

i'd give ya 3 G's fo sho if it came down to it:)

how much would it cost to pass manitoba safety/out of province inspection?

ca2p3r
10-07-2004, 12:27 PM
aprox 100$

little_d_mr2
10-07-2004, 12:45 PM
wow, only 100, i just may buy your 944 yet:thumbsup:

slowazzporsche
10-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by little_d_mr2
my buddy paid 5 G's for a later 80's 944 with bout thalf the mileage of yours and it was completely stock as well except it came with exhaust and a stereo system and it had no rust at all. yours is still very nice for the year it is and the miles that are on it:thumbsup:

i'd give ya 3 G's fo sho if it came down to it:)

how much would it cost to pass manitoba safety/out of province inspection?

Sorry, no can do with $3000. Now with what I've put into this (about 80 hrs of my time and about $2500 if not more), I could maybe do $3450 but that's the lowest I will go. Like I said, I don't need to sell this, this is a killer price and I can just sell this on rennlist to some guy in GA or VT if he needs a "beater" winter car to replace his 951 if I really want to. You're getting brand new rear hatch shocks and a haynes manual with this. The hatch shocks alone are $100 EACH new

slowazzporsche
10-07-2004, 04:16 PM

Sorry, no can do with $3000. I bought it for $3000 and i've done all this work!!! ball joints, the pads, calipers, cleaning the rims up real nice, speedo cable etc etc). Now with what I've put into this (about 80 hrs of my time and about $2500 if not more), I could maybe do $3450 but that's the lowest I will go. Like I said, I don't need to sell this, this is a killer price and I can just sell this on rennlist to some guy in GA or VT if he needs a "beater" winter car to replace his 951 if I really want to. You're getting brand new rear hatch shocks and a haynes manual with this. The hatch shocks alone are $100 EACH new

slowazzporsche
10-08-2004, 06:28 AM
Well I thought about it.. I'll let it go for $3000 to the person who's serious. But you won't be getting the bra, you'll be getting the stock stereo, stock steering wheel, no seat covers, no foglights, the original headlights, no brand new rear hatch shocks (msrp $100 cdn/ea.), no haynes manual, and no alarm.. sound good?

little_d_mr2
10-08-2004, 02:02 PM
that is a killa deal then:thumbsup: it was a good one to begin with and now its just plain stupid for sumone not to buy it for 3 G's, haha. how much would the price be then if i did want the stereo and the foglights?? will the suspension need to be fixed/replaced to pass mb safety??

what headlights will it come with:dunno:

slowazzporsche
10-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Well, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk so I hope I didn't come off as one! I figured maybe someone wants to save some cash. the nice speakers will be coming out and the original blau's will be going in, the crappy kenwood head unit back in, the original steering wheel, no foglights etc. etc. :thumbsup:

It will come with the ORIGINAL headlights :eek: yes, the ones from 1984 lol. The suspension is still awesome in this car honestly, no sag, low body roll, shocks still do their job! I can't see a person doing much to this car unless they really don't like a stripped interior hehe.

The price with the stereo and foglights would be ummm... $3200. So really it's just better off to get it for 3450 with all the stuff that's on it right now :nut:

little_d_mr2
10-09-2004, 01:08 PM
hmmmmm, very good price. no u did not sound like a jerk, i just sure hope i didn't sound like one. if my car sells this weekend i will pm u with an offer. the 3200 price sounds better to me coz i don't want the bra and those other things but i do want the better stereo and the foglights. thanx.

slowazzporsche
10-09-2004, 05:30 PM
are you selling your prelude or your s/c mr2? if it's the mr2 i'd be interested actually :thumbsup:

little_d_mr2
10-09-2004, 05:39 PM
both are for sale actaully, as well as my integra:)

slowazzporsche
10-09-2004, 08:24 PM
you've been p.m'ed :D

slowazzporsche
10-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Well, I thought it over and I'm too lazy to take everything off so $3500 take it or leave it.

I don't need to sell this car and all of these lame-ass p.m's that turn up with nothing are begining to get under my skin. People asking if I can drive there so they can see it in person, why would I waste my time and gas for that? People saying they'll call, or come see it and then never do.

This is for sale for 2 more weeks then it's coming off of the market and will re-surface next yr with an aero kit, no rust, an awesome interior and it'll be doubled in price

slowazzporsche
10-17-2004, 11:24 AM
Got a quote of $250 to fix the rust in the back. I need to sell this thing in the next 1 1/2 weeks or I'm just gonna winter drive it and sell it in the summer

slowazzporsche
10-17-2004, 11:24 AM
also willing to take trades/trades + cash depending on the vehicle

Redlyne_mr2
10-17-2004, 11:33 AM
have you tried autotrader? Sometimes beyond isnt the best place to sell I car like this. I'm watching your sale closely as I might be selling mine come mid winter

scboss
10-17-2004, 06:26 PM
pmd

slowazzporsche
10-18-2004, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
have you tried autotrader? Sometimes beyond isnt the best place to sell I car like this. I'm watching your sale closely as I might be selling mine come mid winter

I haven't tired, the whole $70 bucks for two weeks deterred me, but I'll try it this week I think. Oh and Ryan, it's been winterized has winter grade oil in it, all fluids checked and a basic inspection. some phone dials and all seasons from Justin (951 in Edmonton). You can ask him about the car too if you want some honest opinions. I was hoping to sell this so I could hop in a dsm or something for the winter and buy a 951 in the summer! With one set of rims $3550 but for both $4100.

slowazzporsche
10-18-2004, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by warcaster
pmd

p.m'ed back

slowazzporsche
10-19-2004, 08:13 AM
and bump again!

slowazzporsche
10-21-2004, 10:24 PM
bump, tire kickers need not apply

slowazzporsche
10-23-2004, 12:39 PM
and another bump, the mileage keeps on goin up

slowazzporsche
10-24-2004, 12:59 PM
holy crap, 1300 views that aren't mine and not ONE serious buyer.. what has this world come to? :confused: haha bump :banghead:

little_d_mr2
10-24-2004, 11:44 PM
well, this car could be unreal xpensive to repair down the road:dunno:

slowazzporsche
10-25-2004, 06:50 AM
only if a timing belt goes and when the clutch needs to be done. not any different from any other sohc/dohc import. i know of ppl with 300,000 MILES on their cars w/o rebuilds and still pushin stock compression, these things last a long time, parts are abundant and it's a popular DIY car. unlike the 911 these 944's are a pleasure to work on, easy too

blueripper6
10-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Where would I be able to get parts for it? You say parts are abundant... my dad is likes the car, but he doesnt think that you would be able to get parts for cheap if something were to go wrong.

slowazzporsche
10-25-2004, 03:04 PM
There's a shop not too far from my house that bought up Eurasia's stock, they are reasonable to deal with and prices are 1/3-1/2 of new prices. They have about 8-10 transmissions, three complete engines and a few rear ends, electrical goodies.. etc. They also have enough body parts to make 2 whole new cars along with most glass, etc. Everyday part such as ball joints, pads, tie rod ends, etc. can all be purchased at Partsource or UAP/Napa and they cost about as much as your average nissan/mazda. When you get into new dealer parts that's where the huge money comes in.. 50 bucks for a centre cap, 2000 for a clutch job, 1200 for a timing belt job. that's all dealer prices with dealer parts and can be done for 1/2 that anywhere else. hell when the clutch goes 60,000 miles down the road or so it's easy enough to just do it yourself

slowazzporsche
11-02-2004, 08:28 AM
all possible questions have been answered, i've been upfront about everything, this NEEDS to sell now, unforseen circumstances, $3500 with both sets of rims/tires

slowazzporsche
11-04-2004, 10:05 AM
off the market, too many tire-kickers and bitches, get fucked the whole lot of you :thumbsup:

inedmonton
11-04-2004, 01:12 PM
maybe the car didnt sell cause your username is "slowazzporsche"???? and who really wants a slow porsche??? Plus I think that if the seller is too cheap to spend the 50 bucks to advertise in the auto trader, that sais something about the history of the car. If you cant afford to spend the 50 bucks on that, it makes people wonder if everything is half assed on the car cause your broke.

cman
11-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by inedmonton
maybe the car didnt sell cause your username is "slowazzporsche"???? and who really wants a slow porsche??? Plus I think that if the seller is too cheap to spend the 50 bucks to advertise in the auto trader, that sais something about the history of the car. If you cant afford to spend the 50 bucks on that, it makes people wonder if everything is half assed on the car cause your broke.

which is why you get a prepurchase inspection done:nut:

DannyMan
11-06-2004, 04:10 PM
I have a friend at work that might be interested. e mial me with contact info. [email protected]

slowazzporsche
11-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by inedmonton

my name slowass, that's just a nickname, it's also a realization that I don't drive a 10 second rice rocket like i'm sure you assume you do, you're hurtin. also....

you're an idiot, it's firstlu 80 bucks for the autotrader for 2 weeks, and I did advertise it, got several calls, and out of all the "appointments", 1 person showed up. why don't you stick to what you know before you talk about someone else and their financial situation. remember, i'm the one here with a porsche, not a fuckin HONDUHHHHHHHh, loser. are you in university right now? no... didn't think so, what are you doing with your life then? happy with 5.90 @ tim hortons? lol, there's a career.. i see your job reflects not only your sense of style.. but your financial situation, a beater honda. and ebfore you spout off about this porsche why don't you ask a few ppl on here about my last car.. a porsche 911, worth more then your life.. so eat it bitch and ......

what does that say about the history of the car? I do all the work myself and did I not say the car is mechanically sound, now who's too cheap.. won't even spring 50 bucks for a pre-purchase but you'll make assumptions, if you're not interested.. don't post "inedmonton" so stfu :guns:

inedmonton
11-13-2004, 07:38 PM

my name slowass, that's just a nickname, it's also a realization that I don't drive a 10 second rice rocket like i'm sure you assume you do, you're hurtin. also....

you're an idiot, it's firstlu 80 bucks for the autotrader for 2 weeks, and I did advertise it, got several calls, and out of all the "appointments", 1 person showed up. why don't you stick to what you know before you talk about someone else and their financial situation. remember, i'm the one here with a porsche, not a fuckin HONDUHHHHHHHh, loser. are you in university right now? no... didn't think so, what are you doing with your life then? happy with 5.90 @ tim hortons? lol, there's a career.. i see your job reflects not only your sense of style.. but your financial situation, a beater honda. and ebfore you spout off about this porsche why don't you ask a few ppl on here about my last car.. a porsche 911, worth more then your life.. so eat it bitch and ......

what does that say about the history of the car? I do all the work myself and did I not say the car is mechanically sound, now who's too cheap.. won't even spring 50 bucks for a pre-purchase but you'll make assumptions, if you're not interested.. don't post "inedmonton" so stfu :guns: HAHA
What a fuckin goof.