PDA

View Full Version : University LOT 10

camby
09-28-2004, 12:52 PM
So I parallel parked at LOT10 near the end of the lot about 2 weeks ago in the morning. I get there quite early and there are no cars there around me. When I get back, I see my left tail light has been hit and is all cracked up and a Jeep less than 1 feet behind my bumper. Since I couldn't prove that he hit me I just sucked it up. Today, I parked at the end between the painted lines. Again since I am early there is no one around. When I get back I see a Chrysler, over the line by more than a foot and half an inch from my bumper. I'm pissed because yet again I can't prove the guy hit me because there is no paint on my bumper or on his. There's an indent on my bumper now but I can't prove it wasn't there before. Too bad they don't have more LOT10 cameras.

Street_Soldier
09-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. Two winters ago I had my car in that lot and someone hit me too when i was parelell parked. My bumper got all fucked up and my light was cracked in. Some people are just fucks!!!

JAYMEZ
09-28-2004, 02:54 PM
well if you think its them , or KNOW its them , give them a kick :P

1-Bar
09-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
well if you think its them , or KNOW its them , give them a kick :P

:werd: and if it wasn't it will be eventually passed on to the original offender!!

Parking so damm expensive that lot 11 is virtually empty now!! And the U is too cheap to shell out cash for cameras. They just like building new buildings...

eb0i
09-28-2004, 09:39 PM
In my second year at U of C I used to drive an old 86 Oldsmobile Ciera and I always parked in lot 10 (when it was 1.25 I think). Anyways one day I came out to see that my passenger mirror was on the ground with a big dusty foot print on it. So I'm guessing someone decided to see if they could kick my mirror off my car. Apparently they were succesful, jerks. Needless to say I never park there anymore.

Team_Mclaren
09-28-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by eb0i
In my second year at U of C I used to drive an old 86 Oldsmobile Ciera and I always parked in lot 10 (when it was 1.25 I think). Anyways one day I came out to see that my passenger mirror was on the ground with a big dusty foot print on it. So I'm guessing someone decided to see if they could kick my mirror off my car. Apparently they were succesful, jerks. Needless to say I never park there anymore.

1.25!!!!!:eek:
its 2.75 day and 3.25 return now!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

paying for school is huge amount of money already, i dont understand y they would "jew" (non-racist kinda way) u more on somehting small like parking!!! and yet they have the wrost lots ever.... no cameras, no sercuity, no noth!!! just an open area for your car to be hit, and jack shit from~~~

Kid_a
09-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Hahahaa at Faculte St. Jean (french campus of UofA) Theres free parking within about a 15 second walk :)

xDiMSuMx
09-29-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

1.25!!!!!:eek:
its 2.75 day and 3.25 return now!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

paying for school is huge amount of money already, i dont understand y they would "jew" (non-racist kinda way) u more on somehting small like parking!!! and yet they have the wrost lots ever.... no cameras, no sercuity, no noth!!! just an open area for your car to be hit, and jack shit from~~~

2.75 a day?
that's cheaper than SAIT! :guns:

1-Bar
09-29-2004, 09:45 AM
fuckin right, prices for parking have increased $0.25 each year for the last 5 years. I guess that's why lot 11 is empty, $3.25/day....I wonder where all the money goes

eb0i
09-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Most ofl the lots are so empty now. I remember when there would be line ups to park in the art parkade, now the art parkade only looks to be 1/4 full every day.

Team_Mclaren
09-29-2004, 12:22 PM
so where does eveyone park?
sometimes if i have class early i would park at brentwood and ride the train/bus to school... save me some money

ryder_23
09-29-2004, 12:42 PM
so where does eveyone park?

Mt royal, where i pay 180$ for 2 semesters of parking :D

it also seems to be safe then UC

A_3
09-29-2004, 12:54 PM
I park down at Macmahon, I don't really mind the 5 minute walk and if it's really cold you can just hop on the bus. Think it costs about 55 a semester.

eb0i
09-29-2004, 02:55 PM
i spoiled myself with an art parkade pass this year.

t-im
09-29-2004, 11:43 PM
i've had a art parkade pass for the last 2 yrs..but with it being ~800 this yr i just got myself a pass in lot 63

BigDL
09-30-2004, 08:11 AM
Got a parking pass for lot 2, 57 a month...Not bad when i work it out to be 2.8X a day if i use it 20 days a month. Just a bit more expensive then lot 10 , but much closer..:)

Xtrema
10-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
it also seems to be safe then UC

You won't say that if you remember the seemingly almost weekly stolen thread on here about MRC parking lots.

And all of you who bitches about parking fees, go take the bus. It's free and subsidized by parking fee rich kids pay. Driving is never a right but a priviledge and the university is not a charity and the whole school system is free market based. They have a right to keep increasing charge until demand levels or dies off.

Team_Mclaren
10-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

You won't say that if you remember the seemingly almost weekly stolen thread on here about MRC parking lots.

And all of you who bitches about parking fees, go take the bus. It's free and subsidized by parking fee rich kids pay. Driving is never a right but a priviledge and the university is not a charity and the whole school system is free market based. They have a right to keep increasing charge until demand levels or dies off.

man why u so bitter! just the fact that you dont get rape in the ass doesnt mean you can talk shit like that!!

ya right the bus, what about people who lives all the way down south, springbank, just outside of city etc...
a car is more of a need than just a priviledge, we are no where rich and have to pay for school and shit, why u think there are free parkings everywhere else!! and yet us poor ass students pay an arm and a leg for just simple parking!

7thgenvic
10-01-2004, 06:02 PM

man why u so bitter! just the fact that you dont get rape in the ass doesnt mean you can talk shit like that!!

ya right the bus, what about people who lives all the way down south, springbank, just outside of city etc...
a car is more of a need than just a priviledge, we are no where rich and have to pay for school and shit, why u think there are free parkings everywhere else!! and yet us poor ass students pay an arm and a leg for just simple parking!

fucking rights! i live outside of calgary and i have to drive to school, if ididn't do that it would take 1:30 each way, or i could just drive and pay my 3.25 and suck it up! i need my car to get to school!!!

i really think they should lower their prices!

BebeAphrodite
10-01-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
fuckin right, prices for parking have increased $0.25 each year for the last 5 years. I guess that's why lot 11 is empty, $3.25/day....I wonder where all the money goes

I think it has increased more than that. I remember having paid, I think around $4.25 my first year at Lot 25 but now I'm up to $6. Last year that lot was $5.50

eb0i
10-01-2004, 09:20 PM
just this past year it jumped $0.50. But previously they have all been $0.25 increments. Art parkade used to be $4.50 last year after 3 hours and now its $5.00 flat.

zboost
10-07-2004, 09:05 PM
lot ten licks my ass.. i woudl never drive one of my good cars and park there.. think of how easy it would be for someone to steal a car from there.. i think it would be fairly easy.. unless you park in heat locations like near the booths or sidewalks.. park your nice cars in the art parkade and turn on your alarm.. my friend had his riced out civic stolen and stripped from the art parkade.. craziness...

Zero102
10-10-2004, 03:37 PM
It's a fucking rip off. Not all of us have good access to public transportation, taking the bus from my house to the university takes around 2 hours. While driving takes 20 minutes.
We're paying them 5 grand a year for a full course load, and they still need to rip us off $700 a year for a parking pass at the university.

When I was parking in lot 10, I left a camera in my car, a motion-activated handy-cam. Really helped sort things out when assholes backed into my car.

soupey
10-20-2004, 11:29 PM
yea same here, bus takes well over 1.5hrs, its some huge circle route to get to uni, car takes 15mins or so...i live in the nw, in one of the areas that only gets service from the 3, which blows....being able to drive makes life alot easier....then again if your REALLY in need...theres always carpool.ca

Sir Lancerlot
10-25-2004, 03:21 AM
is Lot 10 THAT bad?
I park there daily.. and i've seen a tunerworks m3, an RX-7 FD, a new STi, a previous gen eclipse spider, numerous type-r's... they seem to be OK...

I guess the only thing that had me wondering if lot 10 was good was that time when that abducter dood in the PT cruiser was snooping around...:dunno:

t-im
10-25-2004, 09:09 AM
Parking anywhere at UC is a rather hit or miss kinda thing...if you're lucky you won't park by an asshole....but if you're not..then wham..haha..

eb0i
10-27-2004, 09:23 AM
before i had a locking gas cap on my olds (back in the day) some fucker siphoned half my tank of gas out of that lot too. :guns: