PDA

View Full Version : amp help?

sterling
09-28-2004, 07:22 PM
Hi just joined this site ,cool site lots places to go!

I have a question?I`am not all that good with this stuff:confused:
I have an amp it`s coustic 190/125watt rms ?What does this mean as far as power.It is bridgeable what ever that means?
Has two rca left and right din input,loz input,speaker out with four wires, some swiches,so on.
What i want to know is can i put four speakers or two. And what kind of watt of speakers.Would like to put this into my camper van .Also need deck any suggestions do`t need nothing to fantastic just something with remote.
Any help would be greatfull!
Cheers Sterling::dunno:

sterling
09-28-2004, 09:21 PM
ttt:thumbsup:

decyphex
09-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Try a lower end Alpine or pioneer for decks maybe...

How many channels is the amp?
you can use a 2-channel amp for powering 2 speakers or a subwoofer. A 4-channel amp will drive 4 speakers, 2 subs, or 2 speakers and a single sub.
You said the wattage is max 190 and 125 watt rms.. You need to get speakers that are around 125 watt or less. Find out the rating x4 for the wattage. Ex: 125 watt RMS total x4- 35watts
This is not a very high powered amp but it will increase sound quality and should make the system a little louder...

If you need any further help, try clicking here (http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/S-2ULC3kgmUK1/car/)

sterling
09-29-2004, 02:23 PM
How can you tell if it`s two or four channel?
Thanks for your help!
Sterling

decyphex
09-29-2004, 02:31 PM
It should say somewhere on it... If not... There should be 4 positive RCA's and 4 neg if it is 4 channel or it will have will have 8 speaker level inputs 4 pos 4 neg and the same output too...

Check out that site in my last post it should be able to solve your problems...