PDA

View Full Version : how many good ways to burn fat?

Bruce Chan
09-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Dear everyone:

i want to be thin and what is your opinions?

and any plan?

thank you for you help

Melinda
09-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Cardio burns fat, weight lifting often turns fat to muscle and eating healthy helps big time too

QuasarCav
09-29-2004, 10:17 AM
How much do you want to lose?

Healthy eating and an active lifestyle are usually the best ways to do it.

Or you could just take a Dexadrine tablet daily and have no desire to eat, or sleep.

sexy_sunshine
09-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Instead of working out alot...........do very intense workouts. Alot of people think that working out alot will help them lose weight faster. It doesn't work....and with that make sure you are eating healthy......and that's all there is to it....

bigboom
09-29-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by sexy_sunshine
Instead of working out alot...........do very intense workouts. Alot of people think that working out alot will help them lose weight faster. It doesn't work....and with that make sure you are eating healthy......and that's all there is to it....

intense workouts are not fat burning. moderate but lenghty workouts will burn more fat than intense workouts. go for runs...make them long and make sure you go at a pace that allows you to maintain it.

JAYMEZ
09-29-2004, 02:47 PM
Running is extremely good!

sputnik
09-29-2004, 02:47 PM
eat less
move around more

Dave P
09-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Or you could just take a Dexadrine tablet daily and have no desire to eat, or sleep.

and where do i get these?

QuasarCav
09-29-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Dave P

and where do i get these?

From a shady looking guy at my old High School.

I forgot to mention the other effects

- Concentrate like a scientist!
- No desire for sex
- Chain smoking
- Other drugs dont work (legal and non-legal)
- Sweating
- Cant sleep at all
- Cant really eat
- Dependance

It was originally used to treat ADD, until the ADD kids figured out they could make a killing selling thier presciptions.

Dave P
09-29-2004, 03:31 PM

From a shady looking guy at my old High School.

I forgot to mention the other effects

- Concentrate like a scientist!
- No desire for sex
- Chain smoking
- Other drugs dont work (legal and non-legal)
- Sweating
- Cant sleep at all
- Cant really eat
- Dependance

It was originally used to treat ADD, until the ADD kids figured out they could make a killing selling thier presciptions.

Sounds like cocaine

QuasarCav
09-29-2004, 03:38 PM

Sounds like cocaine

Yup, I've tried it once and no more. I hate that nervous feeling and you get that alot.

Some people confuse it with Dexatrim. That stuff is just chock full of ephedrine.

It's nasty stuff, the sales got so out of hand we had a police "drug intervention squad" come to out school to talk about it.

Dave P
09-29-2004, 03:41 PM
So whats up with hydroxy cut? Does it work.

I have heard mixed reviews

sputnik
09-29-2004, 03:47 PM
So whats up with hydroxy cut? Does it work.

I have heard mixed reviews

Hydroxycut used to contain Ephedrine and after a number of people in the states died from taking it, it was modified and the Ephedrine was replaced with green tea extract (which doesnt work "as well").

Ephedrine is pretty scary stuff. You might want to do some reading before taking any.

SkylineAdmirer
09-29-2004, 04:56 PM
TRy this, cant be lazy though, if you cant part with eating what you like, dont eat according to a diet...... get a membership to a gym, RUN THERE, lift weights, RUN BACK if you can and dont cramp up like me, do that every 2nd day, anyways if you can follow that i garantee u ll be ripped in 2-3 months. worked for me, stopped , and getting back into that routine again.

ehos
09-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Know what makes you fat?

FOOD. Eat less. You don't even have to work out.

ExtremeSi
09-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Running works really good for me, but if you find it boring, try rollarblading. If you go far enough you'll feel the burn:thumbsup:

three.eighteen.
09-29-2004, 11:06 PM
eat healthy, lots of water and lots of cardio, running, biking, just get your heartrate up for a good while on a regular basis

nickyh
09-30-2004, 06:35 AM
weight training helps burn more fat. By lifting it helps to get your metabolic rate up which helps burn the fat.
Cardio is not the best way to do it...
Eat more - smaller portions more often - like 6 meals a day, that way your body always has fuel.
Not eating is the worst thing to do - you may lose weight but every time you eat somethng your body will store it as fat.

bigboom
09-30-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by nickyh
weight training helps burn more fat. By lifting it helps to get your metabolic rate up which helps burn the fat.
Cardio is not the best way to do it...
Eat more - smaller portions more often - like 6 meals a day, that way your body always has fuel.
Not eating is the worst thing to do - you may lose weight but every time you eat somethng your body will store it as fat.

just lifting is where you run into a problem because its not completely lean muscle you build when lifting. someone correct me i fim wrong but the lifting muscle you get is a fattier muscle and will turn into fat more easily than a very lean muscle which is only acheived through cardio exercise.

nickyh
09-30-2004, 12:58 PM
well i'm not saying to concentrate 100% on weight training - otherwise you'd look like those iron men - big and flabby but strong.....

People tend to think that not eating and cardio is the answer - it's not - I've been there. Once you throw in 3 or 4 weight training sessions a week you start to see more noticeable results.

Every one is different - you need to find what works best for you.

I'm just posting based on my experience.....

SkylineAdmirer
09-30-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by nickyh
well i'm not saying to concentrate 100% on weight training - otherwise you'd look like those iron men - big and flabby but strong.....

People tend to think that not eating and cardio is the answer - it's not - I've been there. Once you throw in 3 or 4 weight training sessions a week you start to see more noticeable results.

Every one is different - you need to find what works best for you.

I'm just posting based on my experience.....

:werd: :werd: :werd:

ehos
09-30-2004, 03:18 PM
Drink 5 glasses of water before eating! :)

#R146
10-01-2004, 09:27 AM
The only way to lose weight quickly is early morning cardio. Get your ass up 25 mins earlier, drink 1 full glass of water and get on a bike or treadmill for 20 mins. Vary your intensity from easy to hard 4 times.

The first 5 mins are really rough but then you start feeling great. The whole day you'll be more awake and your metabolism will be turbocharged. Eat healthy and stop drinking beer/juice/pop and watch the pounds melt away!

edw
10-01-2004, 09:34 AM
Drinkin 5 glasses of water before eating will work for sure LOL:clap:

78si
10-04-2004, 07:43 PM
:clap:

78si
10-04-2004, 07:44 PM
Cardio and eating healthy are the only ways. Dont even bother lifting weights yet or if you do make sure you still do lots of cardio. Cardio is the most important. Good Luck :thumbsup:

Neil4Speed
10-04-2004, 09:32 PM
You guys might laugh, but for loosing weight, Papaya has had some amazing effects on some people. It really helps with the digestion process, tastes amazing, and is just a wicked fruit overall.

Cheap at Superstores, considering its quite exotic.

There have been some diet ideas revolving around Papaya. Healthy eating is a way to go overall, but adding this to your diet won't harm!

Neil4Speed
10-04-2004, 09:35 PM

Yup, I've tried it once and no more. I hate that nervous feeling and you get that alot.

Some people confuse it with Dexatrim. That stuff is just chock full of ephedrine.

It's nasty stuff, the sales got so out of hand we had a police "drug intervention squad" come to out school to talk about it.

You know I took Dex a bit when I was doing my exams last year. It worked well for studying. I sure didn't really feel like eating though, and lack of sleep. However, temporarily, I dunno I didn't find it to be a bad idea. Just from personal expeirence.

I also got it from a shady guy in my High School lol

Probably wouldn't do it again, drugs are bad! lol

JordanLotoski
10-04-2004, 09:36 PM
gastric bypass;)

little_wan
10-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Doing cardio at 60-70% of your max heart rate is good because you'll burn fat and not glucose...so stuff like a fast walk will actually work quite well (unless you've already been training, then it won't be as effective as it is for beginners).

SkylineAdmirer
10-07-2004, 05:27 PM
stop smokin weed, mad munchies

accordboi_02
10-07-2004, 08:53 PM
I always like swimming laps instead of running. :thumbsup:

SkylineAdmirer
10-08-2004, 02:44 PM
^^ reserch shows running and other activities burn more because if u swim it keeps your body kool, if ur hot u burn more. swimming is still exersize though.

blueripper6
10-08-2004, 05:56 PM
ok.. you want to loose weight, dont eat less, eat more(healthy foods only) stay away from pop, slurpees, candy, beer(light beer only) drink MILK and MILK and more milk, eat apples, oranges. Stay away from fatty foods, carbs are not the devil, carbs are good, most people think something with low carbs is healty, actually its bad for you, because the chances are that it has tons of fat. Plus when you dont eat your body burns fat which is good.. but excess(more then a pound a week) is bad, because when fat is burned ketones are released, and ketoacidosis can occur which is VERY dangerous and I cant stress it enough how dangerous it is, it can damage everything in your body especially your kidneys and heart... learned this from diabetes. Stick to loosing a pound a week no more because its dangerous, and DONT starve yourself, eat fruit :D.

Do cardio, treadmill or aliptical(sp?) machine, but get a trainer, they help a lot. Go to the gym, do cardio, try to increase your time by 2 minutes every other time if you feel like you can do it. You can do weights and machines, but aim for 15-17 reps because it creates a leaner muscle then doing the most weight u can for 10 reps creates a bigger muscle, and your goal is weight loss.. if u wanna get buff lol.. weight untill you loose weight before you try to get big.

blueripper6
10-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by SkylineAdmirer
^^ reserch shows running and other activities burn more because if u swim it keeps your body kool, if ur hot u burn more. swimming is still exersize though.

Your a fucking idiot.. you dont burn more fat when your body is hotter, U do sweat more, but swimming is WAY better then running and is way more of a workout because you are using your WHOLE body..

anyone else find it ironic that he quotes cavboi like cavbois the idiot?

SkylineAdmirer
10-11-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by blueripper6

Your a fucking idiot.. you dont burn more fat when your body is hotter, U do sweat more, but swimming is WAY better then running and is way more of a workout because you are using your WHOLE body..

anyone else find it ironic that he quotes cavboi like cavbois the idiot?

ur a fucking douche bag is true, ask some expert and they ll tell you, i got this from one of those magazines, like fukin helthy living or something. ur not exerting ur self as much wen ur swimming in my opinion. And ur a complete idiot ur using ur whole body when running as well.

SkylineAdmirer
10-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by blueripper6

Do cardio, treadmill or aliptical(sp?) machine,

running outside over regular terrain is also a better workout than machines. dont argue on this 1 i noe from experience, i tried running on a machine but i find i get tired alot faster running outside.

1-Bar
10-11-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by SkylineAdmirer

ur a fucking douche bag is true, ask some expert and they ll tell you, i got this from one of those magazines, like fukin helthy living or something. ur not exerting ur self as much wen ur swimming in my opinion. And ur a complete idiot ur using ur whole body when running as well.

not everything your read is true, even though its in a magazine. One study could have found those results confounded by a bunch of errors doesn't mean its true. It is true you sweat more when your running, but when your swimming you are using energy to keep your body temperature at 37 degrees, above the temp of the water......

Newayzz, actually it was proven that the best method to burn away calories is swimming relative to running since you incorporate more muscles into the activity. Its also a more resistant environment vs. air which can lead to more load on your muscles. This was posted in the Healthy Canadian thing funded by the government.....

zboost
10-20-2004, 01:13 AM
i run on this machine with this gourges girl i met at the gym.. she makes me go on the eliptical and treadmills with her.. they are really good machines for burning fat just use it till you sweat and youll be sexy in no time brucey boy!

1-Bar
10-20-2004, 01:35 AM
I'd go with the eliptical machine if you value your knees...