PDA

View Full Version : BFGoodrich GForce T/A KD or KDW?

fokker300zx
09-29-2004, 11:48 AM
need new tires looking into the BFGoodrichs (the fact ath every ad i see has a nissan 350Z, R34 etc has made me kinda biased.. oooo there was that beautiful toyota MR as well...)

ANYWAYS

Who has experience with these tires? i don't care about noise just traction.. relative wear (compared to other performance tires not all season 200,000km life tires) and the KD or the KDW? it's kinda rainy in ottawa in the summer... i don't wanna hydroplane plus the tread pattern on teh KDW is gorgeous but will i be sacrificing ultimate dry aspahlt traction? any help would be appreciated

oh by the way i'm new, i'm alex... long time reader of these forums but new member i wanted to wait itll i had my car :D

heavyD
09-29-2004, 12:05 PM
KDW2. I use them on my eclipse and they are the best tires I have used. You won't sacrifice any dry traction as they are a little on the soft side and are fantastic in the rain. I get alot of comments from people about them actually because of the unique looking tread design.

Loose
09-29-2004, 12:47 PM
I had KD's. They lasted about 20,000km which is about the same as my S02's. Traction in the rain wasn't very good, but dry was awesome. They are very good and I think are a good deal compared to BFG's, Pirelli's, etc.

ZorroAMG
09-29-2004, 12:56 PM
KDW2(new tread design) looks pretty cool, I assume you mean that one and not KDW

fokker300zx
09-29-2004, 10:26 PM
right sorry didn't specify yes i meant he KDW2 thanks :D

right now i have firestone Firehawk SZ50 EP with UNI-T AQ... they didn't even last 5000km...:thumbsdow