PDA

View Full Version : Redbull

Kid_a
09-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Does this actually work for anyone? I'm talking about the real stuff, the carbonated one in a 250mL can. I have heard wonder about this, and how it works so well, etc etc etc, so I bought 2 cans last night. I figured I could sleep in today, so I downed 2 of em in about 20secs last night at about 12pm when I was starting to get a little bit tired.

My experience so far = Redbull is BS, lol. I went to sleep about 20 mins after downing the 2 cans, it did not affect me in the LEAST.

I've heard that its effectiveness not because of caffeine, its because of that taurine stuff, but Im thinking it must be the same as caffeine of something, because I know caffeine has NO effect on me (I drink about 5-8L of Diet Coke a day, maybe it has 'immunized' me to the effects of caffeine)

So does this Redbull crap work for anyone else? Am I just a special 'non-working' case, or is it just another BS product?

PS: The only reason I expected it to work is because of all of the damn hype I've seen about it, it seems non-stop. I guess I didn't really expect it to work, and thought people were just overreacting.

danno567
09-29-2004, 03:08 PM
dude,

the real stuff in the tiny tiny medicine looking bottles that come from thailand work.

Let me say that one more time.

They Work.

In Korea they have something similar too. It works.

The little cans they sell in 7/11 that are carbonated are newer mass marketed bottles, and i dont know much on how they work cause they are not the real deal.
The old ones from Asia work. And they are beautiful with thai whiskey and coke (real popular in Thailand).

ryder_23
09-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Wasnt the real "red bull" banned from canada for a bit? i thought there was something it did to people :dunno:

danno567
09-29-2004, 03:11 PM
here is a pic of the ones im talking about.

Kid_a
09-29-2004, 03:12 PM
ahhh, see I was told that the 'real' stuff is the carbonated ones in cans.

MM99lude
09-29-2004, 03:15 PM
you cant get real red bull in canada. Because it contain afedrian (sp).

If you have the real stuff it DEFINATLY works.

All about the buckets! Red Bull, Micky of Thi Rum, and a coke. have one or two of those and you will be doozied!

ryder_23
09-29-2004, 03:18 PM
meh, i knew there was something about it that didnt pass cnd health n safety shit

QuasarCav
09-29-2004, 03:19 PM
They sell the real Red bull in the states.

80mg of caffiene per 8.3oz can

for reference coke has about 34mg for a 12oz can.

Mr. Burns
09-29-2004, 03:22 PM
The 7-11 in hiddenvalley currently sells BOTH kinds of red bull.
The mediciny looking bottle, and the blue/silver cans.

Dave P
09-29-2004, 03:28 PM
I believe you can get real red bull here now.

Ive seen them at 7/11, and i believe they have the same caffine content as the ones in the states

euro tang
09-29-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Kid_a
ahhh, see I was told that the 'real' stuff is the carbonated ones in cans.

Thats exactly what I was told too. I have tried the ones in the little glass bottles that danno567 is talkin about (I think they are from Thailand) and they didn't do shit. I have also drank it from the cans when I went to Poland and they didn't do shit either. I don't know :dunno: maybe it only affects certian types of people but I ain't buying the shit no more. :thumbsdow

Kid_a
09-29-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
They sell the real Red bull in the states.

80mg of caffiene per 8.3oz can

for reference coke has about 34mg for a 12oz can.

The 7-11 here in Leduc has the can, and on the ingredients it says 80mg of caffeine in the 250mL can that I had.

R-Audi
09-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by danno567
here is a pic of the ones im talking about.

Actually, the real original ones are in the cans, as it is european. It is not the caffiene of effedrin (dont even think thats in there) but the Taurine as stated earlier that causes the buzz. I don't know if we got a toned down version, but they do work, and work best with Booze! (IMO anyways..)

Kid_a
09-29-2004, 03:43 PM
it might just be that I drink 3-4 Double gulps a day (175mg or so of caddeine each) and am used to it

ZorroAMG
09-29-2004, 03:47 PM
How the heck do you drink 5-8L of coke per day??????

Kid_a
09-29-2004, 03:48 PM
DIET coke :)

QuasarCav
09-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
How the heck do you drink 5-8L of coke per day??????

Watch the movie "super-size me" It makes that look small.

42L of coke a day!!!!!!!!!

Kid_a
09-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Watch the movie "super-size me" It makes that look small.

42L of coke a day!!!!!!!!!

are you sure it was 42 ounces, in a super-sized drink?

Because 42L is impossible, thats almost 2 cubic feet, I cant see that happening.

ryder_23
09-29-2004, 03:59 PM
well i cant see myself drinking 5-8L of coke a day...and just watch my insides rot away.

Is there any bad reaction with alcohol? how does the stuff taste?

Kid_a
09-29-2004, 04:05 PM
It was just a citrus taste.. a little more sour than I expected. I didn't try it with alcohol, so I wouldnt know. The big deal with alcohol though, is that I guess it's supposedly dagerous because it won't let you pass out, so you can drink to dangerous levels, I dunno though, 2 cans did nothing for me.

ryder_23
09-29-2004, 04:08 PM
OH...pfft, i only drink beer, doesnt get me to "dangerous" levels, i'll get sick before i get close to danger. just thought maybe there was a chemical reaction or something. I'll hafta try it soon. Halloween pub crawls here I come :thumbsup:

E36M3
09-29-2004, 04:24 PM
They are now selling the same Red Bull that you get in Europe/USA in Canada (basic constituents).. I got some last time I was in town.. it has both Caffeine and Taurine. I know that I have seen some Asian Red Bull that doesn't have Taurine in it.

The real kicker for Red Bull is when you mix it with alcohol.. it makes vodka disappear in taste and actually makes Jager taste good when mixed.

I once drove straigth through from California to Calgary and drank about 8 cans of Red Bull, and after the 22 hour drive I couldn't sleep for about 18 hrs afterwards.. it could have been adrenaline or whatever, but I would guess it was the Red Bull :)

googe
09-29-2004, 04:40 PM
REAL red bull (stuff in the cans) was unbanned and allowed within the last month or so. liquor stores and 7-11s have it.

the stuff in the bottles from thailand isnt whats generally called 'real' redbull, cause its not as powerful.

the european redbull contains 2 things banned in canada. taurine, and caffiene. caffiene is still the primary stimulant, so if you found it to be weak its because of your tolerance to caffiene.

caffiene was banned in non-dark drinks, and taurine was banned altogether. i dunno if these bans are lifted, or if red bull specifically has been approved.

our energy drinks have guarana as a caffeine replacement, and it doesnt do shit :)

red bull is a lot of hype though, a cup of coffee has like 50% more caffiene than a can of red bull.

Kid_a
09-29-2004, 04:45 PM
Must just be my tolerance.. meh I guess it was worth the $5 just to see if it worked or not

QuasarCav
09-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Kid_a

are you sure it was 42 ounces, in a super-sized drink?

Because 42L is impossible, thats almost 2 cubic feet, I cant see that happening.

Whoops, looking at too many spreadsheets today.

12L, that I'm sure of. This American guy drank 6 2L's a day and his wife drank four. Can anyone guess why he was in the hospital?

Diabetes.

Kid_a
09-29-2004, 05:37 PM
how thats nuts! my "record" is 13.3L in a day

Kid_a
09-29-2004, 05:37 PM
Oddly rnough, I do have diabetes, but I didnt even drink pop at all till I became diabetic :P

Weapon_R
09-29-2004, 05:39 PM
That shit in the medicine bottles was sold at the U of C "Stor". I swear I saw it there just recently.

Roaring G60
09-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by googe
REAL red bull (stuff in the cans) was unbanned and allowed within the last month or so. liquor stores and 7-11s have it.

the stuff in the bottles from thailand isnt whats generally called 'real' redbull, cause its not as powerful.

the european redbull contains 2 things banned in canada. taurine, and caffiene. caffiene is still the primary stimulant, so if you found it to be weak its because of your tolerance to caffiene.

caffiene was banned in non-dark drinks, and taurine was banned altogether. i dunno if these bans are lifted, or if red bull specifically has been approved.

our energy drinks have guarana as a caffeine replacement, and it doesnt do shit :)

red bull is a lot of hype though, a cup of coffee has like 50% more caffiene than a can of red bull.
Actually it is well reconize in Europe that there are numerious variations of Red Bull, The strongest being in Austria, which is the birth place of the beverage. Where i lived we would make a 10 minute drive into Austria to pick up the good stuff, instead of the weakass German stuff. Speaking with the Red Bull rep for Canada last spring the main hold up was the amount of Taurine that it contained. Now reformulated, it now for sale.

BigDannyCool
09-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Doesn't it say on the bottle not to mix with alcohol? That's what i heard it says

xDiMSuMx
09-29-2004, 08:49 PM
i tried the canned stuff this summer in the US.
i was falling asleep so i walked to the store and bought one
It didn't taste too bad and kept me up for a few hours

Boost Infested
09-29-2004, 09:25 PM
i've heard you can get them now. sold at cowboys.

real red bull = carbonated ones in cans

///M3
09-29-2004, 09:45 PM
i refuse to drink anything with aspartame in it. Its cancer in a can and it tastes like shit anyways.
Now SPLENDA is where its at! and its got 0 calories, and its made from real sugar so it tastes like real sugar!

Fluidic
09-29-2004, 10:18 PM
I've been to five different 7-11 stores in the past two weeks. They all had the "real" Red Bull silver and blue cans -- just waiting to be consumed by happy customers. :) :thumbsup:

Sonic_A4
09-29-2004, 10:35 PM
it was banned the wasnt because kid at rave would have too much e and then have red bull which contained afedrin as mm99lude said and the kidds had nice time with that but now it is legal again and is sold in calgary bars

Kid_a
09-29-2004, 11:01 PM
umm its been said like 10 times already, we know it's available, at bars sure, but more eaily, at 7-11.

JAYMEZ
09-30-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Sonic_A4
it was banned the wasnt because kid at rave would have too much e and then have red bull which contained afedrin as mm99lude said and the kidds had nice time with that but now it is legal again and is sold in calgary bars

Proof on that? Wheres this come from?

ryder_23
09-30-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

Proof on that? Wheres this come from?

who knows, the guy can barely speak english :english:

:rofl:

Benny
10-03-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool
Doesn't it say on the bottle not to mix with alcohol? That's what i heard it says

Heh... oops.:nut:

Will@STRD
11-03-2004, 07:55 AM
My GF drink XS instead. low calories (5), 0g sugar and all natural.
I tried it, taste ok.
www.xsblast.com

EDM
11-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by E36M3
I once drove straigth through from California to Calgary and drank about 8 cans of Red Bull, and after the 22 hour drive I couldn't sleep for about 18 hrs afterwards.. it could have been adrenaline or whatever, but I would guess it was the Red Bull :)

so 8 cans 80mg caffiene each can = 640mg of caffiene, jesus christ, :eek:

yup

taurine and caffiene are NOT banned in canada, where are you getting that info from :dunno:

taurine is found is energy drinks, not just red bull.

wildrice
11-03-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by ///M3
i refuse to drink anything with aspartame in it. Its cancer in a can and it tastes like shit anyways.
Now SPLENDA is where its at! and its got 0 calories, and its made from real sugar so it tastes like real sugar!

um...okay, so u don't chew gum???

lots of stuff have aspertane in it

gum, pop(ie. coke C2)

and you can't possibly consume enough for it to actually take effect

and the red bull in the blue n silver can is sold at sait for like 3 bucks
i tired it once, it tastes like ass, and worked for me
but definetely not worth 3 bucks

EDM
11-03-2004, 09:16 PM
^

get Monster, its twice the size of red bull, same stuff and about the same taste, same price too.

wildrice
11-03-2004, 09:18 PM
hm...where can i get monster??
conenience stores??

EDM
11-03-2004, 09:23 PM
yup yup i got some at 711. someone told me you can get them at safeway (or was it supersotre) for ~2.80

wildrice
11-04-2004, 10:19 PM
k, thanks

REFLUX
11-20-2004, 12:48 AM
I was pretty tired one day when I was in Europe...had a can of Red Bull....NO EFFECT...in fact I become more sleepy

maybe cuz I was too tired for it to have any effect on me....very disappointed

vegas2005baby
11-20-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by wildrice

um...okay, so u don't chew gum???

lots of stuff have aspertane in it

gum, pop(ie. coke C2)

and you can't possibly consume enough for it to actually take effect

aspartame breaks down in the body and becomes carcenegenic, but so do most fruit and vegetables, they both don't do enough to pose any harmin normal ammounts, but you never know what else apartame does, besides, it tastes like shit.

benyl
11-20-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by EDM

taurine and caffiene are NOT banned in canada, where are you getting that info from :dunno:

taurine is found is energy drinks, not just red bull.

Caffeine is banned in any drink that is not dark in color, like coke, ice tea, coffee, etc...

They must have changed the rules recently for Red Bull and Monster etc...

That is why our Mountain Dew has no caffeine, but in the states it has more caffeine than coke.

KoukiS14
11-20-2004, 11:59 AM
Had to see for myself...USA List, not sure how accurate this is though

12-ounce Beverage Milligrams
Jolt 71.2
Pepsi One 55.5
Mountain Dew 55.0
Mountain Dew Code Red 55.0
Diet Mountain Dew 55.0
Kick Citrus 54.0
Mellow Yellow 52.8
Surge 51.0
Tab 46.8
Diet Coke 45.6
Shasta Cola (Diet) 44.4
RC Cola - (Diet) 43
Dr. Pepper (Diet) 43
Sunkist Orange (Diet) 40
Pepsi-Cola 37.5
Pepsi Twist - (Diet) 37.5
Diet Pepsi 36.0
Coca-Cola Classic 34.0
Cherry Coke (Diet) 34.0
Snapple Flavored Teas (Diet) 31.5
Canada Dry Cola 30.0
A&W Creme Soda 29.0
Nestea Sweet Iced Tea & (unsweetened) 26.5
Barq's Root Beer 23.0
A&W Diet Creme Soda 22.0
Lipton Brisk, All Varieties 9
7-Up 0
Sprite 0
Minute Maid Orange 0
A & W Root Beer 0

t-im
11-20-2004, 01:10 PM
wooo got some free bottles of redbull..and didn't seem to do much?

mr2mike
12-01-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool

Umm Alcohol is a depressant and this red bull stuff is a stimulant. I'm assuming if you consume both at once, not too much will happen...

Also, doesn't REV have Alcohol and Caffine together?!?!

InfiniteJoy
12-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by t-im
wooo got some free bottles of redbull..and didn't seem to do much?

The bottles are not the "real thing"

Charon
12-11-2004, 02:45 AM
I had some freinds a while back take a road trip to the US when it was still banned here. I was mixed a half and half vodka/redbull and could hardly taste the vodka. That kept us going for a LONG time. But then again I dont like coffee so I be I had a low caffine tolerance. Quick way to get drunk, and stupid fast way to get plowed.

kiwi
12-11-2004, 01:04 PM
They were giving out free cans of Red Bull at the U on Tuesday... some promotion thingy that was going on... I think they drove around a Mini that was all painted blue & silver w/ the Red Bull logos all over it! hee hee

ca2p3r
12-11-2004, 06:24 PM
redbull = :thumbsdow

130R
12-12-2004, 11:17 PM
the bottles are what is known as the red bull energy supplement, the actual red bull drink is the cans.

but yeah redbull doesn't really work for me either i find, but it makes a good drink

V6-BoI
12-13-2004, 02:08 AM
I tried one, and didn't work at all for me, but all my friends says it works for them. I don't really like the taste of it, tastes kind like a cooler. Maybe it didn't work cuz I was sipping it. I'm gonna try it again, this time I'll go on an empty stomache, and down one. Hopefully this will help me stay up to study for my exams, and doesn't do any harm to me.

cloud7
12-14-2004, 11:13 AM
At 3 bucks each, no wonder Red Bull can buy an Formula 1 team...

130R
12-14-2004, 03:28 PM
haha!! i know eh, i can't believe they actually did that, i was like ....holy FFF thye're nuts, costs in formula 1 at present are completely bloated and spiraled out of control and they decide to enter in at possibly the worst time ever.

buzz_42
12-15-2004, 01:14 AM
Mix it with yager!

Good times!:thumbsup:

kiwi
12-15-2004, 07:59 PM
Caffeine makes me sleepy!!! :zzz:
I can't use caffeine to keep myself awake... it'll just put me to sleep faster!

bart
12-16-2004, 12:00 AM
here you go red bull fans, i took this pic this summer :)

http://servfiles.com/987/

ironblood
12-18-2004, 09:48 AM
Okay here is what I know about Red Bull, since I've been basically dependent on these things during my exams. I've done some research.

Them main active ingredient in Red Bull is taurine, the biggest misconception is that taurine is derived from bull testicles... but its actually first discovered from bull bile... and if u know where bile is related to, i won't say much more than that. But its an amino acid that is required in the body for many metabolic processes, and important in visual pathways both in the nervous system and in the brain. But what is important is the dosage of taurine in Red Bull, 1000mg, basically the amount of taurine prescribed to patients with high blood pressure and angina per DAY! So if u hit up 2 cans u are taking more taurine than what patients of epilepsy are prescirbed!

The second active ingredient in Red Bull is glucuronolactone, some say its a metabolite, some say its a detoxifier. But its naturally occuring in the body (albeit in minuscule amounts). One interesting thing to note tho, is that, its used intensively by soldiers during Viet Nam war to give soldiers energy and feelings of well being...

Well so the medical ingredients are those besides the caffine, which isn't even that high a dosage in Red Bull to make a huge difference on people. 200mg is the amount of caffine found in a caffine pill, a shot of espresso have more caffine. So i don't question whether it works for you, but thats the active ingredient stuff that goes in the can of Red Bull.

InfiniteJoy
12-25-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by ///M3

Aspartame treats me well :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/talonvelocity/000_0033.jpg

digitalshogun
12-29-2004, 01:23 PM
^ That is very scary.

Never did anything for me, Red Bull that is. I've tried bottles and cans and even with a little alcohol. Nothing. Vodka disappears in the stuff? Maybe with less than an ounce. You want vodka to "disappear" get Vanilla stoli and mix with coke ... or better yet ... mix with orange frozen concentrate. And at 3 dollars a can at 250ml you can 2 things of frozen concentrate or 1 1/2 2litre bottles of coke.