PDA

View Full Version : University Parking Lot Accident... help

EnRich
09-29-2004, 03:48 PM
I know you guys have probably seen enough of this car, but honestly it's my baby, today's accident didn't make me mad, piss me off, but it broke my heart... It happened at DeVry, at around 10:00 this morning, buddy was probably going around 30 - 50 km, I didn't even see the guy coming... Anyways I know parking lots are 50/50, we were both going straight, he was riding the ave, I was on the street... But I still think I shoulda got right of way, cause I was on his right hand, he was on my left... But the street had cars parking on the while the Ave has non... So I dunno wtf... What do you guys think... I'm not going to be taking it through my insurance, I could really use some recommendations as to what shop to take it through, and where I could get the parts cheaper... I've gone to TunerWorks, and I will be replacing the hood with a carbon fibre hood, and the lights will be replaced with new HIDs... The damage was estimated at A-1 AutoBody at $4000, there are a couple things that bent... The passenger door doesn't wanna open very well cause the side panels were pushed in a little but appear to have no damage... I need your help guys... Anything... Ironic cause I just spent $375 bucks to have the car cut and polished...

Rich

EnRich
09-29-2004, 03:48 PM
2nd

EnRich
09-29-2004, 03:49 PM
3rd

1badPT
09-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Really crappy news man. I've seen the pics you've posted in other threads (including your recent one about the detailing). Can't really suggest anything - just good luck, I hope you get it back to the way you want it without it costing too much. :cry:

Zero102
09-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Might be able to argue that it's an uncontrolled intersection, which would give you right of way. Are the roads there numbered, like with the signs the city uses? If you were on a road, even though it's at a private institution, sometimes the roads are city roads. Like at the university.

BTW, Why does the title say university, when it happened at Devry???

1badPT
09-29-2004, 04:08 PM
I actually know the answer to this - because they issue degrees :thumbsup: (I did an ad wrap for them back in June - so if you saw a blue PT Cruiser with DeVry ads on it, it was mine).

statick
09-29-2004, 04:42 PM
damm sory to see that hapen to ur ride.

EnRich
09-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Yea no doubt man... Seriously never felt like this before in my life... Real bummer... Gonna have to work every day for like a month to pay for it all... I'm getting HIDs though, at least some good will come of this...

JordanLotoski
09-29-2004, 08:26 PM
shitty man..least your ok....musta had the night at the roxbury music to loud hey:rofl:

Def_3
09-29-2004, 08:36 PM
dude A1 has the most ridicolous quotes...............take it to a smaller body shop I bet you could fix that at half the price

LUDELVR
09-29-2004, 08:42 PM
I don't know man, but maybe this willl give you an inkling of hope! Go talk to a lawyer and see if they can help cuz yah, you should have right of way if you're on the right, but again, you should go talk to a lawyer. I got into an accident at the U of C and it was in a parking lot. In the end, I was able to get all the damages on my car covered and I was up an additional 12 K after Lawyer fees.:thumbsup: I know what it feels like to have your baby hit!!!:thumbsdow

civic_stylez
09-30-2004, 06:39 PM
sorry man shitty luck!

max_boost
09-30-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
I don't know man, but maybe this willl give you an inkling of hope! Go talk to a lawyer and see if they can help cuz yah, you should have right of way if you're on the right, but again, you should go talk to a lawyer. I got into an accident at the U of C and it was in a parking lot. In the end, I was able to get all the damages on my car covered and I was up an additional 12 K after Lawyer fees.:thumbsup: I know what it feels like to have your baby hit!!!:thumbsdow :dunno: Wow, $12k for a parking lot fender bender?!?!

If my lawyer is just as competent, I should be expecting at least a $50K settlement since my car was almost written off! LOL:rofl:

96Mx6
10-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Did you call the police?

EnRich
10-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Ya went to the cops.. they were real assholes on heritage... I will never go there for anything else...