PDA

View Full Version : Photo Radar Question

Mr.Buffy
11-18-2002, 11:34 PM
A few nights ago I was driving on DeerFoot South.
Right past the Glenmore over-pass, there is a little spot that the police like to use for photo-radar.
I always slow down in that part but as I drove by the truck, another car came speeding by me.

I was in the middle lane and he was in the left lane. I saw the flash go off. The way that my car was angled to him and the radar was such that I think I may have been in the way of the picture of the guy speeding in the left-lane.

I'm wondering if photo-radar has some way of determining which car was speeding and in which lane so that the wrong people don't get the ticket.

It'd suck if I got the ticket because I don't really have much of an argument. I could give them a more detailed description of the car to my left before I view the photo-radar picture (but I don't think that is much of an argument).
Any thoughts?

Thanks. :)

kenny
11-18-2002, 11:55 PM
Don't worry, theres a cop in the photo radar truck/van who is taking notes and watching the road. If they can't make out the plate of the guy that was actually speeding then he wont get a ticket, and neither will you. Its not a completely corrupt system here in Calgary :) I dunno about our neighbors to the North in Edmonton though.

Weapon_R
11-18-2002, 11:57 PM
Yes. If there is another car in the picture, you can have the ticket thrown out.

Usually, what they will do is draw a line from the top right of the screen to the bottom left of the screen (diagonally) and the line will intersect your plate.