View Full Version : British GP To be dropped

Dave P
09-30-2004, 11:08 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=100393

wow, didnt really see that coming.

Too bad, that was one of my favorite races to watch

Expiredsoda
09-30-2004, 12:43 PM
No more Silverstone? No more V-10s..... Harder tire compounds....

They are slowing it down AGAIN, and yet it is supposed to be the king sport of automotive technology.... Bring back the days of turbos/slicks and active suspension!!!! This is getting rediculous. :(

hyperwhite
10-03-2004, 12:05 AM
^^^ ya! and every 1 outta 7 racers dying! :rolleyes: it's good that they are trying to slow them down but i dont like the V8 idea. i think they should be allowed 2.5 litres and as many cylinders as they want. with they way F1 is going it's gonna turn into CART with a 300 million dollar budget.

back to the real topic though, if montreal could get their GP back the england should be able to get theirs back

rage2
10-03-2004, 10:29 AM
You guys do realize that by reducing engine displacement and # of cylinders, it'll push the engineers to develop more innovations.

Don't forget that this years Monza race clocked the fastest laptime, All this from a 3.0L V10 car with heavy aerodynamics restrictions. Well faster than the unrestricted 1200hp qualifying cars with slicks, or the 3.5L cars with active suspension.

The slowdown will last a few years, like everytime they introduce rules to do so, but they'll catch up very quickly. It's a cycle to keep the speeds sane.

If they bring back turbo motors, unrestricted fuels, active suspension, unrestricted aernodynamics... with CURRENT technology, the speeds to be so fast, any crash would most likely mean instant death.

BigMass
10-03-2004, 11:17 AM
i think its time for F1 Group B

fast95pony
10-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Don't count the British GP out yet... Remember Canada this year ??

Bernie is just posturing as usual. Rumour is he wants a knighthood. He'll save Silverstone if he becomes a "Sir " .

I think he's a blood-sucking leech who only understands money.
Fuck you , Bernie !!
:whipped:

Team_Mclaren
10-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Bernie Ecclestone is just a greedy fucker, his a shame of the sport!:guns: :guns: :guns: