PDA

View Full Version : Battery Question - models

Tha VZA
09-30-2004, 08:43 PM
OK i was at walmart tonight, yeah i know i'm a highrollin' big spender, so what......anyway

Optima Red Top 35/75.................$140

Optima Red Top 34/78.................$160

then at C-Tire.......everyone buys stuff there, admit it

Orbital Extreme............................$180

so question to those who know this kinda stuff

which is better to replace my starting battery AND sufficently run my stereo and aux lighting..........this is until I change my setup and buy some yellow tops just for the aftermarket additions, until then

which is better and why? (more power, long lasting etc.)

will they bugger up in the winter, sorry CALGARY winter i mean

does aftermarket additios void warranties etc?

thanks for help

ciao

method
09-30-2004, 08:48 PM
when you're running in car electronics (stereo whatnot) you're not running power off your battery.. you're running off your alternator.

be more concerned about your alternator and possible capacitor setups if you've got the big bass going..

in general more cold cranking amps = better startup, especially during the winter

Tha VZA
09-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by method
when you're running in car electronics (stereo whatnot) you're not running power off your battery.. you're running off your alternator.

be more concerned about your alternator and possible capacitor setups if you've got the big bass going..

in general more cold cranking amps = better startup, especially during the winter

yeah i know about the alternator, but right now my battery sucks and the stereo needs more current, i know with a bigger built up reserve this would aid in stopping this cutting out.......plus if my engine is off and i want to run my stereo or lights then its staright from battery right

thats what i mean more

ciao

Tha VZA
09-30-2004, 08:52 PM
also i have two power caps that help, but i need a new battery......buying a better alternator? would this be most cost effective if i still used the crap battery or should i replace both

ciao

tt398
09-30-2004, 10:13 PM
Optima has one of the worst warranty service records in the industry. I'd rather be safe and use a Delco. Just my 2 cents worth..

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Marine deep cycle:clap:

CrazyMrTwister
10-07-2004, 03:05 AM
I buy all my batteries at Walmart they have energizer batteries for about 80.00 that have 875CCA and run anything it takes alot to kill the bastards also come with a 5 year warranty which i believe 2-3 are free replacement. Also walmart won't argue with you if you do end up killing it they may test it and say it's dead but in the end they don't care if they give you a new one. As for the optima i have never sold one and never will EXIDE makes 80% of all the batteries sold so go for the cheap easy to get warranty ones.