PDA

View Full Version : See this crap from VW?

Davan
11-19-2002, 11:54 AM
It looks like they are trying to voiding warranties left, right and center! :rolleyes:

http://members.rogers.com/zulu/vwdisclaimer.jpg

rage2
11-19-2002, 12:17 PM
hehe some of the VW/Audi guys chip their ECU and set boost so high, head gaskets go, turbos go etc. Kind of funny though how "vehicles adorned with performance stickers" is a sign that the car's been moded. They've obviously never heard of ricers! :rofl:

Fluidic
11-19-2002, 01:35 PM
I'm a good boy! :angel: :angel:

92 Teg-B18A
11-19-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by rage2
They've obviously never heard of ricers! :rofl:

hehe, I wonder what the German term for ricer is?;)

Ben
11-19-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 92 Teg-B18A

hehe, I wonder what the German term for ricer is?;)

Junge Reiser! (Boy Ricer in German)

got M
11-19-2002, 05:53 PM
a german ricer
is a krauuter'
as in sour krauuter

:D

GTS Jeff
11-19-2002, 06:02 PM
so basically ANYTHING goes wrong and thre dealership can be like "NOPE! THE CAR WAS MODIFIED!" and void the warranty

three.eighteen.
11-19-2002, 06:33 PM
jap cars are rice rockets, german cars are reich rockets?

rage2
11-19-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
so basically ANYTHING goes wrong and thre dealership can be like "NOPE! THE CAR WAS MODIFIED!" and void the warranty

Nah, I think it's just a way for the dealerships to see if there were potential modifications... makes sure they look further if they see those signs.

RiceCake
11-19-2002, 07:30 PM
Hmm... I wonder what warnings Honda gives their dealerships? :angel:

speedracer
11-19-2002, 09:06 PM
They look for the same things I imagine. Some dealers are fair and others well you winder why they are still in business.

But they have to prove that as a reult of the failure it is directly linked to the aftermarket equipment. After that they can't claim your car is now out of warranty but only whatever system it interferes with. ~ This is where the bad dealer comes to play as they will try and tell you your car is now out of warranty.

eg: The most common is aftermarket stereo system - void electrical system.
So say for some reason your car keeps blowing a fuse and you bring it for service. They find out there is a short due to a bad install - they charge you for fixing it. Whereas if it was a OEM system and if your car is still under warranty it would be fixed for free.

Another: springs - lowered vehicals - pretty much you've just thrown away your warranty on suspension componets. But this in no way would correlate to say your engine or power train (unless a "tree" jumped infront of you:rofl: )

jdmakkord
11-19-2002, 09:17 PM
I remember my buddy in his 95 jetta. 5th avenue told him his transmission warrantee was void because he had scrape marks on the bottom from speed bumps??? Didn't think that could fuck up syncros???

lammer
11-19-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
I remember my buddy in his 95 jetta. 5th avenue told him his transmission warrantee was void because he had scrape marks on the bottom from speed bumps??? Didn't think that could fuck up syncros??? :banghead: damn that sucks..

HRD2PLZ
11-19-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by RiceCake
Hmm... I wonder what warnings Honda gives their dealerships? :angel:

Calgary Honda has their own forum with a "modifying section" and they are also beginning to sell aftermarket performance products.