PDA

View Full Version : Custom sub advice

rylake
10-01-2004, 02:37 AM
ok...so here it is.

I never have put a sub into any of my cars (was more concerned with going faster not louder...), but I think I am going to try it out on my new sonata. But here is the catch. I still want most of my trunk space and it has to be easily removable if I have a big load (I make sales calls with it) I also want an EXREMELY clean install with no wires or ugly lines showing. IE I want it to look like it came with the car. Also I don't really want crazy power from it I just want my stereo a little louder, but I refuse to be one of those fuckwads who listen to shitty tunes and bother everyone in the neighbourhood. So I think a 10" sub will do the trick for my needs. So I need install and enclosure advice.

:dunno:

rylake
10-01-2004, 03:10 AM
i was thinking of something like this...maybe with one of those infinity basslinks...so it's removeable...but I can still build a solid enclosure for it in the side trunk well area (don't really know what that part of the trunk is called...)

http://www.hostdub.com/albums/Sivart321_album01/P1010078.sized.jpg

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-01-2004, 09:18 AM
take out the spare tire and do a sub box flush on the floor with a cover of some sort ( mesh or whatev) that way you still have the correct amount of air space for your sub. The last thing you want to do is sacrifice your dimensions to have a descrete instal. The only problem with the pic above is that you may not have the correct air space, thus concluding in a waste of time. If you build yourself a box in correct spec for the sub and allowing maximum depth with the trunk floor, you should be lovin life with a clean and functionable instal. Just get one of those spare tires in a can :thumbsup:

rylake
10-02-2004, 12:23 PM
anyone else?????