PDA

View Full Version : Gauge troubles on a '97 GMC... HELP

Kenny_boy
10-01-2004, 10:31 PM
I just got a '97 GMC Sierra 1500 and I am having troubles with my gauges... my charge gauge is reading like 12 or 11.5 volts and yet when I manually test my battery, it reads in the 14's... has this happened to anyone else....

Also my fuel gauge flutters alot, I think this is normal for a older truck, but it would be nice to get it corrected.... I was thinking of just replacing my fuel intake harness inside my tank, but if there is anything else that is faster and cheaper lettme know...

Further more my engine is reading like only 65 or 70 degrees celcius, I thought that they ran in the mid 80's....

Yet my oil pressure gauge works fine

ffjames
10-02-2004, 05:04 PM
i think i might have a solution for you for your gas guage. i have a 95 burban that started doing that. what happens is the ground wire from the tank guage gets corroded and/or loose. lower the tank down from the frame rails and check the wiring above the tank. if you dont fix it trust me you will crap yourself when it concues out completely. (it will say you have more fuell them humanly possible.