PDA

View Full Version : first non-photo radar ticket, is it void? what to do...?

Tha VZA
10-03-2004, 02:31 AM
got my first non photo radar ticket today.......

illegal U turn - $115

BUT

the cop messed up on my address on the ticket....so i.e. instead of 1321, he put 1221......does this make the ticket void? do i have to pay it? will it stay on my record, or how do i get it off my record?

what should i do about this ticket?

let me know

thanks

ciao

Trafficlawyer
10-03-2004, 12:30 PM
No, an incorrect address is rarely if ever fatal to the ticket. If the officer has: (1) correctly identified you, (2) spelled out the offence, the act, and the section, (3) made out that the jurisdiction is within the province it occurred, and (4) dated the ticket offence date, then the ticket is generally valid.

If you live in BC, email me and I will see what else I can do.

Regards,

Adrian Denegar
Traffic Ticket Lawyer

http://www.trafficlawyer.ca

theken
10-03-2004, 12:39 PM
go talk to the CP and he will take the demerits off and you will have to pay the fine but it won't show up on your license.

AcuraTl
10-03-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by theken
go talk to the CP and he will take the demerits off and you will have to pay the fine but it won't show up on your license.

:eek: :eek: :eek: you get demerits for an illegal u-turn ???

illeagle
10-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl

:eek: :eek: :eek: you get demerits for an illegal u-turn ???
Yes, Moving violation

Black Gts
10-03-2004, 01:15 PM
u turns suck, i have two in almnost the same spot, but those bastards hide good

Z_Fan
10-03-2004, 01:37 PM
I just about got a u-turn ticket. Fortunately the guy immediately behind me did one as well, and the cop pulled him over! LOL!

Good luck getting out of your ticket...you can get it reduced pretty easily if you go talk to them.

Kobe
10-03-2004, 01:46 PM
Did it say no u-turn?

Where was it around in calgary?

Tha VZA
10-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
I just about got a u-turn ticket. Fortunately the guy immediately behind me did one as well, and the cop pulled him over! LOL!

Good luck getting out of your ticket...you can get it reduced pretty easily if you go talk to them.

what should i say to the CP, and do you guys mean like on the court date or just go to any station?

and i got the u turn "between" intersections, there was a three t junction i just passed and then u'd it, but he said i did it between the t junction and the next set of lights

ciao

BebeAphrodite
10-03-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
Did it say no u-turn?

Where was it around in calgary?

Stupid Alberta rule: No U-turns allowed unless posted. Even illegal on residential streets. So I see no point why Calgary posts the 'no u-turn' signs around if u-turns aren't allowed anyways.

On a side note, are u-turns legal in TO?

I got an illegal u-turn at a traffic light. I went to Rocky Mountain and got the demerits knocked off but full fine.

Tha VZA
10-03-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

Stupid Alberta rule: No U-turns allowed unless posted. Even illegal on residential streets. So I see no point why Calgary posts the 'no u-turn' signs around if u-turns aren't allowed anyways.

I got an illegal u-turn at a traffic light. I went to Rocky Mountain and got the demerits knocked off but full fine.

yeah i agree i mean there were no cars around, didn't put anyone in danger, i just missed turning left at the t junction and said shit i needed to turn there looked around and U'd it, then whoop whoop there is my ticket

BULLSHITE

ciao

Khyron
10-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Last time I checked, it was only illegal to U-Turn at controlled (ie, lights) intersections. This is why there are specific "NO UTURN" signs in several places - because if those signs were not there, it would be legal. Unless it changed in the last few years - I looked up that specific rule before I wrote my bike test.

Khyron

Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

Melinda
10-03-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Last time I checked, it was only illegal to U-Turn at controlled (ie, lights) intersections. This is why there are specific "NO UTURN" signs in several places - because if those signs were not there, it would be legal. Unless it changed in the last few years - I looked up that specific rule before I wrote my bike test.

Khyron

U Turns are illegal at any controlled intersection. This includes residential stop signs and traffic lights (even if you have the green light)

Tha VZA
10-06-2004, 04:59 PM
ya i looked it up on the CP website
they are illegal at controlled intersections and in between intersections, but i wasnt really in between the intersections.....whatever

i prepared a defense and i think it should hold up, if he does show up that is, which i am hoping not

ALSO i have heard there is a way to avoid the prosecution from being granted an adjournment, like you have to say something that prevents the judge from allowing this to happen.....in case the officer can't make it or otherwise....does anyone know what it is????

big help if you do

ciao

Weasel
10-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Unless you don't have the money just go to Rocky Mountain Plaza, talk to a Crown Prosecuter and say that you really can't afford this on your insurance and you didn't know it was illegal on a street with no traffic AND that you have the money to pay it. If you don't have the money good luck on fighting it, but the officers tend to show up as they get paid overtime to go to a courtroom and say that your guilty.