PDA

View Full Version : My new project

Iamgod7788
10-03-2004, 09:32 AM
ok...heres a challenge for all of you. I have a Mitsubishi Eclipse 95 Rs.
however, i only have money that my meager CVS salary can provid, in this case i have a four thousand dollar buget, and need to do everything i can to make this thing fly.
i am looking to put in an intercooler (for turbo later) basics like strut bars and such by my main focus is suspension, clutch/transmission, engine detail, and interior/sound.

what do think is possible...and what parts do you recommend and any good places to buy for quality parts at low prices, i live in CT.

statick
10-03-2004, 11:54 AM
i'm not a hardcore dsmer or nethn, so i dont kno much, u should try asking eclipseawd or summin. but yea, to make it fast, if u dont mind a lil extra maintenance, do a engine swap(swap in turbo engine), or slap a turbo in it, with that u'll intercooler, turbo timer, and probly a aftermarket ecu and maybe safc. other than that u could get shortened clutch/tranny, i/h/e, tokico adj. suspension, and when it comes to sound system, i'd prolly reccomend a/b sound, or visions, NOT futureshop.

three.eighteen.
10-03-2004, 02:18 PM
are you saying you want to put an intercooler in without the car actually having a turbo? cus that's kind of impossible

Ichigo
10-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
are you saying you want to put an intercooler in without the car actually having a turbo? cus that's kind of impossible

Can be done.. It'll just end up being a super duper cold air intake after..

wrxmat
10-03-2004, 08:53 PM
haha

wrxmat
10-03-2004, 08:54 PM
an intercooler with nothing to cool

GT2NV
10-03-2004, 09:52 PM
cyclone might be able to help you pm him

Iamgod7788
10-05-2004, 04:35 PM
i am putting in the intercooler because i am going to put a turbo in, i dont have the money at the monment thats why, and i could do an engine swap because i am capable i would just need access to some resources i dont have which cost more oney i also do not have. so please...rather than mocking my intercooler i could use some help on buget performance here...