PDA

View Full Version : My friend was hit by a drunk driver

GP_DrIvEr
11-19-2002, 08:52 PM
i have a friend with an old school integra, he was driving down deerfoot and was slowing down for a red light, he was slowed down to about 30km when a drunk driver doing 80km in an suv rear ended him :thumbsdow

both his brake cables snapped, so he flew throgh the intersection just barely being missed by 2 cars :eek: the police said that if he had of been completely stopped when he was hit the 3 people in the back seat would have been killed :thumbsdow

i saw the pictures of his car and the damage was unbelievable, the entire car from about 1 foot from the back seat was torn apart

i would seriously like to know what is wrong with some people and why they would ever consider getting behind the wheel of a car while drunk?

im just glad my all my friends are all right, and on another note, he is suing, so if all goes well he will get a nice settlement, and be able to buy a completely :bigpimp: car

ecstasy_civic
11-19-2002, 08:56 PM
dumb ass people,just like the guy that hit my gf! but i did some seaching and theres a lottery pot for victims of uninsured drivers,
hope your friend is doing ok.:thumbsup:

lammer
11-19-2002, 08:58 PM
yo man i hope your friend is okay..
Fucking ass drunk drivers....:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

RX-7_TWINTURBO
11-19-2002, 09:02 PM
That sucks dude.. its good to her your friend is allright ..

GP_DrIvEr
11-19-2002, 09:05 PM
everybody in the car has whiplash, and some minor injuries, but like i said before if they were completely stopped it would have been fatal :thumbsdow

*edit* it happened somewhere on south deerfoot, i think near douglasdale :dunno:

RX-7_TWINTURBO
11-19-2002, 09:07 PM
did this happen at the south end of deerfoot close to race city ?
Because thoes are the only lights i know of on deer foot

Ekliptix
11-19-2002, 09:12 PM
I have no pity for DD's. They just don't think.

HRD2PLZ
11-19-2002, 09:30 PM
I hope your friends turn out okay. No amount of money is worth dealing with whiplash though, it sucks! I've been through it enough to know. Get a good lawyer and don't take any settlements the insurance company might offer right away. And, tell him not to expect the money overnight, its a long, slow process. Could take up to 2 years :thumbsdow (but, the medical coverage will begin ASAP)

Hipermax_d
11-19-2002, 11:11 PM
thats sorry to hear. glad no one was killed

i hate drunk drivers. :guns: :guns:
those people never learn

ancient
11-20-2002, 12:28 AM
It was at the douglasdale blvd and deerfroot crossing..... I drove past the integra, it looked pretty bad, I saw two kids in view standing beside it sorta shaking their heads like what the fuck just happened...... I saw some big ass truck with the front end sorta hanging a bit....

It looked like 3-5 cars were in the accident tho..... Tons of cops firetruck ambulence....

Glad to hear everyone was ok, the rear end of the teg looked smashed pretty bad like i said.

mwmhong
11-20-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by GP_DrIvEr

both his brake cables snapped, so he flew throgh the intersection just barely being missed by 2 cars :eek: the police said that if he had of been completely stopped when he was hit the 3 people in the back seat would have been killed :thumbsdow

Reading that part gave me goosebumps :(

But it is good everyone is OK :)

infamous
11-20-2002, 01:33 AM
is that why they shutdown deerfoot tonite?? it was shut down northbound between barlow trail and douglasdale blvd.

I WISH DRUNK DRIVERS WOULD DIE!!!

i would never get in a car with a drunk driver, hell i know i wouldn't ever do it myself. i don't know why the fuck people think that it's ok! shit i have even flattened my friends tires to keep him from driving drunk!

infamous
11-20-2002, 04:04 AM
shit if that happened to me, i so would beat the hell outta him! i wouldn't stop. i don't think that i could stop!

[GaGe]
11-20-2002, 06:46 PM
when i was in grade 2, my best friend was in his parents' car, when a drunk driver hit him. seatbelt snapped, he flew out the windshield, and got ran over, and died. :( :thumbsdow

I swear, if i was there, i would've beat that guy to death.

NickGT
11-21-2002, 12:44 AM
holy all these stories are frightening. Glad everyone is ok in your case.

I've been the victim of rear-ending as well, it's not only the drunk drivers (who are complete idiots and SHOULD DIE IMO) it's people who don't pay attention while driving as well especially while on cell phones is my pet peeve cause that's what totalled my very first car, after only owning it 2 weeks.

Some people say oh "whiplash" thats just a term for pay me money. but seriously, when you can't turn your head all the way to look left, or touch your ear to your shoulder, something is messed up.

Whiplash is something that doesn't go away either. Both the seats broke backwards in my situation... I didn't even realise until about 15 mins after when I went to look at my totalled car, it all happens so fast.

I would tell your friends not to settle anything for sure until they are 110% better. get as much as you can from the assclown.

http://members.shaw.ca/cyrus08/90stang5.jpg

SilverRex
11-22-2002, 05:36 PM
:confused:

CLiVE
11-23-2002, 02:29 AM
Damn drunk drivers. Glad to hear everyone is ok though.

I was hit by a drunk driver a few years back while driving a subaru legacy. I was making a left turn(green arrow)...barely moving, and the drunk driver went through the red light at an estimated 130 in a 50 zone...:(

Here's a pic...already posted this in another thread a while back. damn drunk drivers...

Was hit in the pass. side right front qtr panel and spun almost a 720...

bosa
11-23-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by [GaGe]
when i was in grade 2, my best friend was in his parents' car, when a drunk driver hit him. seatbelt snapped, he flew out the windshield, and got ran over, and died. :( :thumbsdow

I swear, if i was there, i would've beat that guy to death.

Omg......:( That sucks,sorry to hear that.If I would of been there also,and it was my best friend,I would of beat the holy hell out of that guy.GP_Driver,hope your friends turn out ok.

GT2NV
11-24-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
dumb ass people,just like the guy that hit my gf! but i did some seaching and theres a lottery pot for victims of uninsured drivers,
hope your friend is doing ok.:thumbsup:
yeah some dumb bitch hit my g/f too:guns:

4wheeldrift
11-24-2002, 08:22 AM
I'm all for summary executions of drunk drivers at the side of the road. It seems like its the only way to get people to stop doing something so incredibly stupid. I'm glad everyone is ok, it could have been a lot worse (I wish I didn't know so intimately how much worse it could be).

DSM Power
11-24-2002, 06:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend GP - and like someone else pointed out, settlements take a long time. :thumbsdow

Originally posted by memystealthandi

I was hit by a drunk driver a few years back while driving a subaru legacy. I was making a left turn(green arrow)...barely moving, and the drunk driver went through the red light at an estimated 130 in a 50 zone...:(

Damn I've never seen the pic before, glad you're alright! :eek: :eek: