PDA

View Full Version : For all the 3Series Experts

E36M3
11-19-2002, 08:53 PM
Been having something strange happen lately in my M3.. I'll be driving, high speed or low speed, and the car will beep three times. No lights, Check control ok, can't figure out what it is.

Any ideas?

jdmakkord
11-19-2002, 09:15 PM
take it to get the codes read!!! That happened to me on my way to Vancouver in out cherokee. The oil sending unit failed and I fukked the motor up huge!

Tuner1
11-19-2002, 11:18 PM
Do you play tapes? Could be the stock head unit telling you it needs to be cleaned. Is it cold out? The OBC beeps to warn you around 2deg C that the roads could be icy.

Rob

Weapon_R
11-19-2002, 11:47 PM
When I had my BMW, the tape deck would beep a few times asking to be cleaned, but it was pretty obvious because that it was the deck that needed attention.

I would get it checked out, no real harm in doing so. It could be the OBC warning you about something more serious.

got M
11-20-2002, 01:50 AM
yah that outside temp warning was a nice touch.
the real purpose of this feature is to let you know that you live way to far up north, and your car is pissed off at you.

Voodoo Child
11-20-2002, 09:48 AM
I"d forsure go check it out.
One evening my Dad came back from the office to find ALL his windows and sunroof open! Thank god nothing happened to the car, but it was something faulty with the electrical....:nut:

RickDaTuner
11-20-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Voodoo Child
I"d forsure go check it out.
One evening my Dad came back from the office to find ALL his windows and sunroof open! Thank god nothing happened to the car, but it was something faulty with the electrical....:nut: haha thats kinda funny, people pay to have there alarms do that and your pops got that for free:rofl: :rofl:

max_boost
11-20-2002, 11:27 AM
I've never had that problem before?:confused:

Voodoo Child
11-20-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
haha thats kinda funny, people pay to have there alarms do that and your pops got that for free:rofl: :rofl:

Ya no shit hey!
Dad said it was so wierd because nobody took anything out of the car either. Granted it was Bankers Hall (high rollers!) but still!
I couldn't imagine coming back to my ITR with the windows down after work! I'd shit!

three.eighteen.
11-20-2002, 03:00 PM
yeah i was gonna say the OBC chime at -2 degrees, when i first bought my car i thought my car kept trying to tell me it was running out of gas even on a full tank :rofl: :rofl:

E36M3
11-20-2002, 04:19 PM
That happened one time when I was in Calgary, but the temperature rarely does that here in California. I guess I just need to bring it in.. sigh.

When it does the temp thing, I think the OBC lights up with a temp message of some kind.. Check Control displays an OK immediately after beeping (three beeps) and there are no dash lights that come on or anything. Kind of odd.

Originally posted by three.eighteen.
yeah i was gonna say the OBC chime at -2 degrees, when i first bought my car i thought my car kept trying to tell me it was running out of gas even on a full tank :rofl: :rofl:

E36M3
11-20-2002, 04:21 PM
Both great ideas, but I don't even know the radio code, and so I haven't turned on the radio for months, and the temperature thing doesn't light up. I scoured the users manual, and haven't found anything, so maybe I just need to bring it in.

Originally posted by E36S50B32
Do you play tapes? Could be the stock head unit telling you it needs to be cleaned. Is it cold out? The OBC beeps to warn you around 2deg C that the roads could be icy.

Rob