PDA

View Full Version : WTB Subara WRX STI

MaYzE
10-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Lookin for an STI. No mods. I plan on keepin this car completely stock. If anyone knows of any WRX's for sale, please drop me a line. Prefer the blue pearl/gold rims, but anything will do. I may just end up buying new next year if I cant find anything. Trying to find one local. Pics and price would be great as well.

Thanx
-Nick

JAYMEZ
10-03-2004, 09:47 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Phuqu
10-03-2004, 10:05 PM
You won't find one listed on beyond unless you look.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49638&highlight=sti

JAYMEZ
10-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Will@STRD
10-03-2004, 10:45 PM
My friend Vincent is selling his white one right now
PM me for the phone number if you are still looking for it

MaYzE
10-04-2004, 08:38 PM
Well thanks for your help guys, Ive noticed its near impossible to find a stock sti 2nd hand. I was hoping to dodge the $50,000 bullet, but I guess I'll be buying a new one next year. If anyone stumbles onto a good deal feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks again,
-Nick

squashman
10-04-2004, 10:03 PM
having just been through buying a used STi, just be very, very, very careful - the one I bought, after being "safety inspected" in Montreal, arrived in Alberta and didn't pass our out-of-province vehicle inspections. That was nice, especially after the dealership in Montreal passed the car. Apparently, with only 15000kms on the car, all four rotors were so worn out that they coudn't even be machined. So anyway, big fight, threats, was going to send the car back... blah blah blah... comes down to this: Never buy a used STi unless you can have it personally safety inspected by an authorized Subaru dealer - not just some mechanic. These cars are built to rip, and people definitely tear it up in them. Anyway, just a word of advice. Take it or leave it! :burnout:
But, if you are looking to get a used one, there's a bunch on AutoTrader and autonet.ca

MaYzE
10-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by squashman
having just been through buying a used STi, just be very, very, very careful - the one I bought, after being "safety inspected" in Montreal, arrived in Alberta and didn't pass our out-of-province vehicle inspections. That was nice, especially after the dealership in Montreal passed the car. Apparently, with only 15000kms on the car, all four rotors were so worn out that they coudn't even be machined. So anyway, big fight, threats, was going to send the car back... blah blah blah... comes down to this: Never buy a used STi unless you can have it personally safety inspected by an authorized Subaru dealer - not just some mechanic. These cars are built to rip, and people definitely tear it up in them. Anyway, just a word of advice. Take it or leave it! :burnout:
But, if you are looking to get a used one, there's a bunch on AutoTrader and autonet.ca

Its stories like that, that make me never wanna buy used. Thats why I dont want anything modded on it. Im hoping it was driven semi-nice. Only prob is that with 300 horse, no one is gonna do that.

squashman
10-04-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm going to think that the car I bought was driven not-nice. Aw well, I ended up squeezing out a 'free' extended warranty on the car since any dealership that defrauds you is usally going to try and cover their asses somehow. Anyway, good luck with getting an STi, and I recommend new. If someone is going to kick the piss out of it, then it might as well be you right from the start, as in new! Anyway, they truly are amazing machines.

JAYMEZ
10-05-2004, 12:01 AM
The car is made for getting beaten , just think that everyone that owns one knows that , and does it .