PDA

View Full Version : Engine restorer?

SkylineAdmirer
10-03-2004, 07:05 PM
Found this in workshop in my house, no idea what to think.
Opinions? experiences?

The tect on the back saysIn normal driving, friction and wear cut scratches in the metal surfaces inside every car's engine. this causes compression and power loss and increases oil consumption as cars as cars get older. ENGINE RESTORER LUBRICANT with "CSL" fills these scratches and improves the seal between piston rings and cylinder walls. This means better compression and more balanced compression across all cylinders. Independant road tests prove RESTORE brings power back to near original levels.

DIRECTIONS:
1.Shake can well before using.
2. Add 1 can ENGINE RESTORER to engine oil without delay.
3. Add 1 can ENGINE RESTORER at EVERY oil change.
DO NOT USE ENGINE RESTORER IN 2 CYCLE ENGINE

ZMan2k2
10-03-2004, 07:12 PM
I had an old car that burned oil like crazy. I was desperate enough to try anything, and I tried that stuff. It ended up clogging the PCV valve, and sent MORE oil down the throttle body of my car, and killed it a little prematurely. But it did work, up until it killed my car.;)

SkylineAdmirer
10-03-2004, 07:17 PM
^^i hope u got the money back guarantee they promise^^
And u shuda made them cover ur engine damages:D

statick
10-03-2004, 07:52 PM
sounds like:bullshit:

illeagle
10-03-2004, 07:56 PM
i Used it for my trip up to edmonton. diden't burn any oil. other than that.. i diden't notice anything.

Seanith
10-03-2004, 10:30 PM
someone has to use that stuff and test the compression before and after using it..

civicluva
10-03-2004, 10:46 PM
it works i used it on my old engine. I had so much smoke but after I put in a can of that stuff no problem I was damn surprised!

civic_stylez
10-03-2004, 11:06 PM
i use that stuff on both of my jeeps and i find that it thickens the oil (noticed it during oils changes when its warn) and my jeeps dont burn oil anymore for the 5.99 that it costs i think its worth it imo.

5.9 R/T
10-04-2004, 03:20 AM
So it thickens the oil. It probably doesn't seal anything, just the thickening of the oil is enough to stop it from leaking past rings and seals and voila no more burning oil. Thats why you need to add it at every oil change. Instead of buying this crap you could save the 5.99 and just buy heavier weight oil for the next change.

civicluva
10-04-2004, 11:49 AM
i dont think it thickens anything. bardahl does. this stuff is is like regular oil :dunno:

VetteRacin
10-04-2004, 01:00 PM
i used it in my old car, it worked wonders

SkylineAdmirer
10-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2
I had an old car that burned oil like crazy. I was desperate enough to try anything, and I tried that stuff. It ended up clogging the PCV valve, and sent MORE oil down the throttle body of my car, and killed it a little prematurely. But it did work, up until it killed my car.;)

So no one else had this problem????, and ZMan2k2, are you sure it was this stuff that killed your engine?

civicluva
10-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by SkylineAdmirer

So no one else had this problem????, and ZMan2k2, are you sure it was this stuff that killed your engine?

All I know is when I was using it, I had no more oil burning, whole lot less smoking and my compression increased by 10 psi. The engine acted like it was all new. Surprised the hell out of me. Had it in there for a good 4 months with no problems at all.

I still threw in a new motor though. :)

cavb0i
10-05-2004, 11:30 AM
i shold use dis stuff in mah cav ne one kno if it will make mah car faster leik increse hp a lil?

Gonthro
10-05-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by cavb0i
i shold use dis stuff in mah cav ne one kno if it will make mah car faster leik increse hp a lil?
yeh man ull se lik six or sevn hp mang us lik tree bottlez y0h

xDiMSuMx
10-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Gonthro

yeh man ull se lik six or sevn hp mang us lik tree bottlez y0h

:rofl: :rofl:

QuasarCav
10-05-2004, 11:57 AM

How can you make that car any faster? She already runs 9's in the quarter.

ACX
10-05-2004, 11:57 AM
I used it in my first car, and the results were off the chain. I would recommend it to anyone with a busted old motor. Of course barring the cash for a rebuild.

civicluva
10-05-2004, 12:33 PM

you will gain horsepower but only the power that you lost due to having a beat up engine.

rio_rex
10-05-2004, 03:34 PM
I might try that stuff, has anybody used the bardel "anti smoke"? Did it work better or about the same as this "engine restore"?

QuasarCav
10-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by rio_rex
I might try that stuff, has anybody used the bardel "anti smoke"? Did it work better or about the same as this "engine restore"?

that shit is just 75-90 oil. It takes about 20min for it to drain out of the bottle.

All it does it make the oil so thick it cant get past your piston rings or valve guides. It works a little bit but it wont cure terminal smoking.

rio_rex
10-05-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

that shit is just 75-90 oil. It takes about 20min for it to drain out of the bottle.

All it does it make the oil so thick it cant get past your piston rings or valve guides. It works a little bit but it wont cure terminal smoking.

Yeah, because i poured in 250 ml's like it said on the bottle, and my engine hasn't really stopped smoking any less (worn valve guids)

civicluva
10-05-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by rio_rex

bardahl is much more different. I used it for a bit but got hardly any results. The engine restore formula is not as thick, its almost like 10w30 oil and it actually works. I did a compression check and perfect! No burning oil smoke at all!

Amazing stuff. :eek: :thumbsup:

method
10-05-2004, 06:54 PM
it's just a high viscosity oil with a few additives.. it works like a bandaid. used it in my friend's old beat ass 290,000km+ integra and it helped it out some.

Zero102
10-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Hmm.
I used the stop-smoke in my old mazda, it burned oil pretty bad, and I couldn't notice any difference, after using it a couple times I stopped. It's crap. But it does seem like it's just a really heavy weight oil.

Perhaps I'll get a can of that stuff to put in my subaru when I pull it out for the winter. The compression on it's 180, 150, 140, 75. Let's see what it can do!
Get some idependant results (but it'll probably be november before I do this).

legendboy
10-06-2004, 01:49 PM
If you have an engine with worn out piston rings and you use thicker oil (or additive) the rings will remove less oil from the cylinder walls actually causing more oil consumption and more wear on the rings themselves. If the oil is too thin, too much gets by. Its a loose loose situation. Only solution is a rebuild! No magical cure!