PDA

View Full Version : want to smoke the tires 04 f150

hunter69
10-03-2004, 08:46 PM
hey guys just got myself an 04 f-150 crew cab 4x4.
I used to own an old 86 super cab that was completly stock and it could smoke the tires anytime, now I am supposed to have a lot more power but can't do any tire smoking at all,, not even a little squeak...
I know 18 inches a harder to spin but come on!!
I have been thinking about getting the superchips programmer which would get rid of the speed limitations but will those 18" squeal whith this thing?
I dont want to do a thousand mods because most of the budget was blown on the truck itself and I dont want to get warranty problems but any pointers would help.

thanks in advance

illeagle
10-03-2004, 08:53 PM
let the flaming begin!

hunter69
10-03-2004, 09:03 PM
AAAAHHHH comon guys please be gentle I just want an opinion as to what to look into and what kind of gains can be expected from certain mods..

pyro
10-03-2004, 09:07 PM
just put some oil under those tires and spin like no other or get some people to lift up the back :thumbsup:

JordanLotoski
10-03-2004, 09:08 PM
why do you wanna spin your tires???

hunter69
10-03-2004, 09:19 PM
I am not a complete idiot guys,
I know I can put a high flow air filter and mabey a throttle body spacer and then either use superchips programmer or a simmilar job and get some results but I geusse what I am really asking is "is it worth it".
And as for smoking the tires ,, I it means that if a can actually spin these 18"ers it means that there would have to be a dramatic change in the power at the line...

Please somebody has to have had experience with these programmers or even with this truck in perticular.

It is very dissipointing that my old 86 (6cyl) was better at the line then this baby that had a sticker of over $50,000.00 canadian.

JordanLotoski
10-03-2004, 09:22 PM
well if u wanted speed why u spend 50k on a truck...why not like a 350z or sumting....ive got a 2004 benz for sale that will spin the tires lol

forkdork
10-03-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by pyro
just put some oil under those tires and spin like no other or get some people to lift up the back :thumbsup:

retard....

FiveFreshFish
10-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Your old truck likely had an open diff. Easy to spin one wheel.

Maybe your new truck has traction control or LSD.

hunter69
10-03-2004, 10:25 PM
no actually both have limited slip.

fast95pony
10-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by hunter69
I am not a complete idiot guys,

Some may beg to differ.......:nut:

boy1_
10-03-2004, 10:45 PM
i know its possible to spin the wheels on an '04 F-150 crew cab. i fingered a guy who nearly hit me and to show his "manliness" he pulled away spinning his wheels.

brncojay
10-03-2004, 11:14 PM
i fingered a guy

haha

hunter69
10-04-2004, 07:09 AM
fast95pony

"sorry guys i didn't know this was the kind of forum I was dealling with here. All I was asking was how to get more hp's at the line and instead of getting help I get a bunch of sarcastic remarks."

Very helpfull discussions here. I will be sure to tell all my friends.

zer0
10-04-2004, 07:18 AM
i would guess traction control as I can't spin my tires either with my 03 silverado 5.3L.. unless i'm going 50 around a corner and i floor it.. but then the traction control kicks in again

well if u wanted speed why u spend 50k on a truck...why not like a 350z or sumting....ive got a 2004 benz for sale that will spin the tires lol

ya cuz 350zs are really great for the winter and they have SOOOOO much cargo space! SWEEET

bol
10-04-2004, 10:42 AM
If you just want to burn rubber and not go fast... go buy a linelock.

QuasarCav
10-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Drive the truck against a wall. Hold on tight and floor it.

Have one of your "buddies" hold the truck for you, gun it real hard and try not to run him over.

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Superchips are alright but you gots to run premium gas after. So thats kinda weak. Id go with exhaust, intake and a throttle body spacer. Unlimited Performance and Exhaust is really good for that kinda stuff.

fast95pony
10-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by hunter69
fast95pony

"sorry guys i didn't know this was the kind of forum I was dealling with here. All I was asking was how to get more hp's at the line and instead of getting help I get a bunch of sarcastic remarks."

Very helpfull discussions here. I will be sure to tell all my friends.

Actually you asked "want to smoke the tires 04 F150".

Is your new truck actually slower to say , 60 km/hr ??
Have considered the fact that with larger tires (and traction control ?) your new truck is getting better grip ,therefore accelerating better ??
How does the weight of the new truck compare to your old one ??
Were the tires on your old truck worn ??
How does the final gear ratio of your new truck compare to your old truck ??

If you want to get decent responses ,word the question better.

"want to smoke the tires of a 04 F150 " makes you sound like a 16 year old redneck.

How about " Would like to improve the acceleration of a 04 F150" ??

I'm guessing the bigger tires and probably a higher final gear ratio
in your new truck are making for sluggish starts.

LowRiderHD2000
10-04-2004, 01:27 PM
Id go with exhaust, intake and a throttle body spacer.

Best bang for your buck is the the Superchips. It does Void your warrenty but can be easily removed before going to the dealership. After that exhaust, intake and TBS. I drove and modded a 2000 5.4L.

dieselpower91
10-04-2004, 01:52 PM
First of all check and make sure your not in 4wd :nut:

Then save up lots of money for replacement tires once you learn to smoke the tires. :burnout:

How many KM are on the truck? Its probably still being broken in so you shouldn't be bagging it and it MIGHT have more power once properly broken in. :clap:

gorillam
10-04-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Your old truck likely had an open diff. Easy to spin one wheel.

Maybe your new truck has traction control or LSD.

DING DING DING, this is the answer!
If you cant spin the tires on an f150 any f150 you have the traction control on.. I got some friends with regular cab 4.2 v6's and they make smoke clouds bigger then mnt st helens!

As for my truck, 2k1 4.6 5spd yeah the tires have no chance :>

Either you suck lol, or traction control is on....

Drakester
12-24-2004, 12:31 PM
I have pretty much the same truck...extended cab tho...not crew....and FX4 package....with towing package...the rear end gearing and 18" wheels made me totally give up on breaking them loose after the first time i punched it...hung on so good I just figured it was impossible...even in rain it grips like nuthin I ever drove
all i'm considering is K&N intake kit and a Catback system...just for a bit more acceleration...and a touch of howl when i pass on the highway

from what I read..the 04 5.4 is a totally different engine than any previous...so all the tricks from before don't count

now..the final word...I just found this site...thought it would be helpfull...but after reading all the replies to this post...yikes...the question may have been a bit lame....but some of us who read it may have wanted a few answers also

SAiamNE
12-29-2004, 02:26 PM
To do a proper burn out why don't you order and install one of these?

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=esearch.asp&N=110&Ntk=KeywordSearch&Ntt=Hurst+Line&x=9&y=11
HUU-1745000: Line Lock

benyl
12-29-2004, 02:49 PM
I would also think, the new truck has way more weight on the rear tires. The old truck was probably a lot lighter.

youngbex
12-29-2004, 03:08 PM
for you people that dont have anything to say to help this guy out you should keep your comments to yourself.

i would get exhaust a good flowing intake and yes a throttle body spacer, this will yield excellent gains on your truck and i would do a superchips as well.

hunter69
12-30-2004, 09:22 AM
Just a quick update!!!

I went to another site and after discussions over their it was figured out that these 2004's have a seriouse throttle lag because they no longer have a throttle cable going to the throttle bodie from the pedal on the floor. Instead they pedal sends the info to the computer and the computer sends the info to the throttle body.
I did buy the superchips programmer and when it is set at 92 octane the truck will "smoke" these 18" tires even thow it is lock rear-end.
Therefor thir is ALOT more power at the start line...

After checking all the responses that I received at the other site and the ones I received here, I wonder why it took me so long to come back here!! HHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

I wonder!!:guns:

digitalshogun
12-30-2004, 02:06 PM
lol ... This isn't exactly a truck 'centric forum. Still ... you sounded like an ass when you originally posted which is why they were a little harsh on ya. I'm glad it worked out for you on the other forum though. I know I get most of my Tacoma info from a Tacoma specific board ... I use this board to find out what is going on in Calgary (which doesn't look to be where you are from).

I understand what you were looking for and its good that you got it with the superchip. Now to get more power from being wasted with smoking your tires you should look into better tires or LSD.

youngbex
12-30-2004, 04:40 PM
glad u can do a burnout now, that was kind of embarresing a 2004 truck with all that power and couldnt light em up.