PDA

View Full Version : What's the best truck?

gorillam
10-04-2004, 02:37 PM
What is the best truck out there?

Now that I have your attention, instead of replying to the countless compairson threads that never end I will say what I gotta say here.

Svt lightning vs Dodge SRT10

Dodge = faster
Dodge = More expensive

Ford = Cheaper
Ford = More practical

As for upgrading the Dodge.
8.3 V10 with the capability of producing 900+rwhp (STREETABLE)
The dodge has the transmission, (excluding the clutch), rear dana axle, and driveshaft to handle this power load. No questioning this!
(I have seen first hand what these motors can do reliably, I have driven and rode in blown, turbocharged, nitrous injected, methonal injected vipers, these engines are tough..)

As for the svt lightning.
5.4 V8 I have seen 650rwhp maximum...
yes you can get more then 650, but there are major issues, and costs involved...

You can't deny that the doge viper engine is way more capeable with less or no internal mods then the lightning.

As for looks, personally I like the looks of both trucks.
And if you think I am a dodge guy and my knowledge / opinion is biased think again, I am pro ford.

But simply said dodge hit the nail on the head with this truck!:whipped: :whipped: :whipped: :whipped: :whipped: :whipped: :whipped: :whipped:

M_Power
10-04-2004, 04:54 PM
you cant compare the two trucks. bottom line. Ford created the lightning like 5 years ago? and it had no competition. Dodge came along just one year ago so of course they are going to produce a truck that is better than the current lightning. wait until the new lightning comes out than start these dumbass comparison threads

Kenny_boy
10-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Done and done :guns:

F150FX4
10-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Ford always comes out in the end with the best. Just look at the new F150. I'm waiting for the new mustang personally. '05 is going to be a good year for me.

blueToy
10-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by F150FX4
Ford always comes out in the end with the best. Just look at the new F150. I'm waiting for the new mustang personally. '05 is going to be a good year for me.

Ummm , dude . You'll be waiting for the new stang a little longer because they just can't quite figure out how to get them to the dealer in working condition just yet . This equates to selling you a bunch of advertising baloney , and you seemed real hungery , eh ? Good luck , and enjoy . And for what its worth , Ford sales has tumbled 35-40% in the last seven months of this year alone . PLUS , they had to pull out of the most prestigious car race in the WORLD , the Formula One ( Jaguar/Cosworth) . They seem to be doing not so hot , and I surely wouldn't want to be buying my junk from a company that is trying desperatly to get out of its financial trouble . :banghead:

palladinx
10-27-2004, 07:30 PM
i totaly agree with blue boy, dodge is better working trucks and look better. sure ford is cheaper but there is a reason ford is cheaper

NateRAM
10-29-2004, 03:20 PM
just because they are fast doesnt mean their the best truck, i'd rather have a brand new Hemi Laramie 4x4 or a new chevy full size

digitalshogun
10-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Tacoma SuperCharged SRunner hands down. Okay I know its not as fast.

But if you are looking for a truck ... then a regular 4x4 Tacoma is alright. Not that I'm biased at all. ;)