PDA

View Full Version : Ever Heard Of Dropzone Coilover??

Importz
11-20-2002, 01:49 AM
Hey guys do you know if Dropzone coilovers are any good? I can get them for very cheap but I dont know if they are any good or not?? Does anybody have them on there ride?

Weapon_R
11-20-2002, 02:06 AM
No they aren't - but if you are going to buy some cheap ones, might as well go for the DZ.

Importz
11-20-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
No they aren't - but if you are going to buy some cheap ones, might as well go for the DZ.
Hey what brand would you recommend?? I dont want to spend alot of $$$

buh_buh
11-20-2002, 02:21 AM
its hard to find a good set of coilovers for cheap.
cuz usually the more $$$, the better the product

Redlyne_mr2
11-20-2002, 02:23 AM
look for a used set or just get a set of springs and buy some afjustable shocks when more money is available

Weapon_R
11-20-2002, 02:29 AM
If you have to buy coilovers, it's pretty much you get what you pay for. Coilovers are pretty expensive, but if you want to maintain your ride, grab some Ground Controls. Either way you'll have to buy some aftermarket shocks/struts.

If you are on a really tight budget, talk to Shadowz on the board for some tom's motorsports - the few who have had experiences with them are pretty happy with em.

Importz
11-20-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
If you have to buy coilovers, it's pretty much you get what you pay for. Coilovers are pretty expensive, but if you want to maintain your ride, grab some Ground Controls. Either way you'll have to buy some aftermarket shocks/struts.

If you are on a really tight budget, talk to Shadowz on the board for some tom's motorsports - the few who have had experiences with them are pretty happy with em.
Thanks for the info dude!!:thumbsup:

buh_buh
11-20-2002, 02:47 AM
even with Ground Controls, the ride quality suffers IMO.
If you want to maintain ride quality, go with springs.

Importz
11-20-2002, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
even with Ground Controls, the ride quality suffers IMO.
If you want to maintain ride quality, go with springs.
What kind of springs would you recommend for a Del Sol?:dunno:

BKS8
11-20-2002, 03:25 AM
look for some H & R springs. i found some for a really good price in a forum.

Weapon_R
11-20-2002, 03:32 AM
For regular springs:

Eibach Proline (ground control uses eibach springs, best imo)
H&R
B&G

shadowz
11-20-2002, 04:15 AM
Ya if you dont want to sacrifice the ride quality too much I would go with springs, even though it is not adjustable its a cheaper solution since you dont need shocks. Unless you want something adjustable maybe I can find you something for really cheap

buh_buh
11-20-2002, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by importz

What kind of springs would you recommend for a Del Sol?:dunno:
Eibach is pretty well known for making good springs.
I've heard nothing but good things about H&R's.
The Sport application is probably what your looking for unless your looking for a huge drop. In that case you should get the H&R Race springs.

Dirty_SOHC
11-20-2002, 10:15 AM
H&R race springs are the shit:thumbsup:

max_boost
11-20-2002, 11:33 AM
Dude, your a high roller! Lets not cheap out!

How about H&R Springs with Koni Yellows? Now that is a deadly setup!:thumbsup: $1500 or less!

boi-alien
11-20-2002, 11:45 AM
Eibach or H&R like everyone else said

Importz
11-20-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Dude, your a high roller! Lets not cheap out!

How about H&R Springs with Koni Yellows? Now that is a deadly setup!:thumbsup: $1500 or less!
I dont want to spend alot of money on the Del Sol because after the winter am gonna give the car to my chik!!:confused: High Roller??? I am a Low Roller!!:rolleyes:

max_boost
11-20-2002, 01:01 PM
Correct term is low baller!
Ok....you've had so many nice cars! haha

Seriously, Drop Zone coilovers are just like any coil sleeve, skunk2 etc.

You are better off with the H&R springs, Eibach or B&G

But a drop is a must on a del sol, they have too much wheel gap haha

ninjak84
11-20-2002, 04:06 PM
I would go H&R over DropZone! H&R springs are really really cheap for their quality.
Look anywhere, and you can get a set for $75-125 American dollars. This means ordering over the internet tho...

I ordered a set for $75 American, but shipping was too much for them, so I cancelled it.

RiCE-DaDDy
11-20-2002, 05:49 PM
i dont think dropzone actually makes it, like ground control maybe they contract it out?

CRXguy
11-20-2002, 05:55 PM
If you don't want a killer setup for the Del Slo:tongue:, just get H&R Sport springs and Koni Reds/Tokico Blues.:thumbsup:

jaylo
11-20-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
If you don't want a killer setup for the Del Slo:tongue:, just get H&R Sport springs and Koni Reds/Tokico Blues.:thumbsup:

del slo? How about crwrecks? Haven't heard those terms in a long time =) j/j

I have Eibach Sportlines and I'm pretty happy about it, it's a little bit stiffer or almost the same than stock springs and handles great

shadowz
11-20-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
i dont think dropzone actually makes it, like ground control maybe they contract it out?

I dont think it would be, because Ground Control gets Eibach to make their springs for them