PDA

View Full Version : uberdata ecu

redline
10-05-2004, 10:28 AM
This is more then likely a :repost: but i did a search can not find what i was looking for...

What Ecu's can i use for a CRVtec? is it the same as hondata? Can i use a non-vtec ecu for this??? :banghead:

ryder_23
10-05-2004, 10:30 AM
for uberdata, i believe you NEED an obd1 ecu, which can accept uberdata chips :dunno: i know rage2 can easily help ya with this

legendboy
10-05-2004, 10:45 AM
Everything is exactly the same as hondata. Even the hondata 4 pin interface can used for datalogging in uberdata or left out.

rage2
10-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Not exactly...

Uberdata's codebase is based off the P72 GSR ECU. Hondata has several codebases which works for ECU's such as the P30. There are issues running the P72 codebase on a P30. Crome supports the P30 codebase though.

So, if you're using uberdata, you can use :

P72 GSR
P28 Civic Si

or you can modify the following ECUs to add VTEC capabilities:

P74/75 LS/GS
P06 Civic non VTEC
PR4 LS/GS

And if you need to activate the secondary intake runners, only the P72 GSR ECU will work. You can add the functionality to P28, P74, P75, P06 and PR4 ecus, but the parts are hard to come by.

If you use Crome, you can work with the P30 DelSol VTEC ECU as well.

Finally, if you use a knock sensor, only the P30 and the P72 has the knock daughterboard.

sml does all my ECU work for me, and he can convert non VTEC ecus to VTEC, plus he has really nice low profile ZIF sockets. EGMike does his own ECUs so he can do it too.

redline
10-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Thanks guys, rage2 when we get the engine together i will have to contact you for some tuning help. This is not mine, this is for a friend's turbo SIR, so how many bowls of pho does it take these days to tune a car???

So who has one of these ECUs following for sale??? damn budget build ups, I am glad i am going AEM :nut:.

Weapon_R
10-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by redline
Thanks guys, rage2 when we get the engine together i will have to contact you for some tuning help. This is not mine, this is for a friend's turbo SIR, so how many bowls of pho does it take these days to tune a car???

So who has one of these ECUs following for sale??? damn budget build ups, I am glad i am going AEM :nut:.

Someone is parting out a 99 Integra right now in the marketplace. It's probably your best bet for a used ECU.

buh_buh
10-05-2004, 01:04 PM
'99 is an OBDII

rage2
10-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by redline

I'm pretty fat now, so I'll need a LOT of Pho! :rofl:

Trust me, when you start tuning with AEM, you'll wish you had Hondata or Uberdata. There's so much unnecessary complexity dealing with AEM. Yes it's more versitile, you can do more, but really, why not use the base stock parameters and just tune what you need (fuel/timing/revlimits) and let the stock code take care of the rest? That and it's nearly free.

Talk to jdmsource, they have a banner here, and shohab has a lot of ECUs in stock.

redline
10-05-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I'm pretty fat now, so I'll need a LOT of Pho! :rofl:

Trust me, when you start tuning with AEM, you'll wish you had Hondata or Uberdata. There's so much unnecessary complexity dealing with AEM. Yes it's more versitile, you can do more, but really, why not use the base stock parameters and just tune what you need (fuel/timing/revlimits) and let the stock code take care of the rest? That and it's nearly free.

i have to find some place with REALLY BIG bowls!! :D

Well i never really liked the chip burning idea, but when i really think about it i just want to get the car together and sell it. So why spend more...

rage2
10-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Chip burning isn't an issue when you can do a full tune in 40 mins. That includes strapping the car on and off the dyno!

OK That was just a record setting tune I did for LUDELVR, and my educated guesses got lucky :D. But still, I never spend more than 2 hrs on a dyno to do a full tune, with boost too! Unless there was of course mechanical issues which wastes time...

Aleks
10-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Im a bit confused about the ECUs. I have the OBD II - > OBD I harness. What is the best ECU to get to work with Uberdata. I was under the impression any ECU will do (OBDI). (Turbo ls non vtec application).

egmike
10-05-2004, 03:23 PM
You can use any odb1 ECU except for P05 and P07 which are Cx & VX civic I believe, so that leaves PR4 P72/74/75/30/06/28 You can use vtec ecu if you wanted u would have to disable what ever your engine doesn't have.. ie knock & vtec

redline
10-05-2004, 03:25 PM
the vtec Ecus tend to be more money and a bit harder to find so you would be better off stick with a non-vtec ecu for you app

Aleks
10-05-2004, 03:53 PM
Thanks guys

rage2
10-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by egmike
You can use any odb1 ECU except for P05 and P07 which are Cx & VX civic I believe, so that leaves PR4 P72/74/75/30/06/28 You can use vtec ecu if you wanted u would have to disable what ever your engine doesn't have.. ie knock & vtec
Mike, have you tried using StockGSR.bin on a P30? I've *never* had it working right, even with everything disabled.

The P30 codebase, modded via Crome works fine though with a P30 (obviously).

kevdogg
10-31-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
'99 is an OBDII Vtec is not at all like a turbo but it does work great on a turbo motor. It simply allows more air in, doesnt force it like a turbo.

legendboy
10-31-2004, 10:45 AM
yes, i think he knows that since he has vtec and turbo