PDA

View Full Version : Installing power lock in Honda Civic 1999

amit_bhar
10-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Hi all!

I have bought one power door lock kit to install it in my Honda Civic 1999 model.

Please suggest where should I take +12 volt supply from? Do I need to cut any wire and tap 12V from it or is there any available power socket where I can plug in to get 12V?

Thanks in advance.

eblend
10-05-2004, 11:16 PM
hum.,..kit as in...actuators or like just a keyless entry thing to add to existings power locks?

amit_bhar
10-06-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by eblend
hum.,..kit as in...actuators or like just a keyless entry thing to add to existings power locks?

Kit includes 4 actuators, and one master controller. It is not a key less entry module. Master module needs 12 volt supply and a ground. Power is distributed to the actuators through this master module.

I need to know from where should I draw the power supply fro the main module.

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-06-2004, 09:09 AM
if your taking the time to put in four actuarors why not run them off of a keyless entry modual? anyway just get power from the column, a thick guage white wire.

amit_bhar
10-07-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by instal22
if your taking the time to put in four actuarors why not run them off of a keyless entry modual? anyway just get power from the column, a thick guage white wire.

Thanks instal22. I was planning to do that too after fitting the power locks. I will install the complete security system later.

Tell me more on the thick wire. How can I get access to it? What all do I have to open to get access this wire. I noticed a white wire coming into a harness just above the fuse box. But I was reluctant of cutting that wire. I wonder if there is some standard harness/wire to draw power from, which might be having an appropriate inline fuse also in the fuse box. Is there something like that or do I have to just tap 12v supply from that thick white wire?

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-07-2004, 09:26 AM
There is a harness going up to the key cylander its covered with a black insulation there are two other wires anong with the white one. take of the front dash cover under the steering wheel to gain optimum access:thumbsup:

amit_bhar
10-08-2004, 01:52 AM
Thanks instal22. I will try that this weekend.

Any suggestions on appropriate place to fit the central unit for power door lock. I want to avoid drilling any holes under the dash.

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-12-2004, 09:25 AM
Zip ties!