PDA

View Full Version : Human Resources

DUBBED
10-05-2004, 09:31 PM
I'm consider taking the two-year Applied Business/Human Resource degree at Mount Royal, just wondering what kind of options this career path will give me? Is it very promising? Just looking for some input really.

2002civic
10-05-2004, 10:10 PM
well university graduates in HR have trouble finding jobs so a 2 year program prolly wont help much

JordanLotoski
10-05-2004, 10:21 PM
most of it is practice experience, get your foot in the door at a hotel in HR...the schooling will help though

DUBBED
10-06-2004, 08:52 AM
I know the guy who owns the Best Western on Edmonton Trail, it would be somewhere to start. I was thinking more along the lines of a Petroleum company, I mean a company like Shell or Husky must have a huge HR department. It would be hard to get your foot in the door but there are more opertunities out there. Plus I still havn't decided what I'd like to do for a living so I'm just trying to get moving on something.

TrevorK
10-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by DUBBED
I know the guy who owns the Best Western on Edmonton Trail, it would be somewhere to start. I was thinking more along the lines of a Petroleum company, I mean a company like Shell or Husky must have a huge HR department. It would be hard to get your foot in the door but there are more opertunities out there. Plus I still havn't decided what I'd like to do for a living so I'm just trying to get moving on something.

www.nait.ab.ca/hr

We have a posting for a HR consultant - you can see what our requirements are, and what we ask of applicants. Might give you an idea of how competitive your program may be, and how applicable...

DUBBED
10-06-2004, 01:16 PM
^^ awsome that helps a lot!! By the looks of it experience in the field means more than anything. Pretty decent salary too.