PDA

View Full Version : slk and e46 owners

bksze
11-20-2002, 04:21 PM
what bulbs do you guys use for your headlights??? Thanks

bksze
11-20-2002, 04:52 PM
what's going on with this thread? how come everything gets deleted out of this post?

kenny
11-20-2002, 04:59 PM
off topic crap = deleted. All the post whores who aren't answering the question, MOVE ALONG. :banghead:

max_boost
11-20-2002, 05:02 PM
H7!

kenny
11-20-2002, 05:12 PM
To answer your question, I have Philips D2R bulbs. For halogen equipped slks they are H7 bulbs

bksze
11-20-2002, 05:45 PM
oic, thanks, just wanted to know if by some slim chance, i may have been able to use my 9006 hids on these cars ifby chance i purchased one without hid

btw, saw your white amg infront of the globe sat. nite, pretty pimpin, don't tell me you'll be rolling on them wheels throughout winter . . .

buh_buh
11-20-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by bksze
btw, saw your white amg infront of the globe sat. nite, pretty pimpin, don't tell me you'll be rolling on them wheels throughout winter . . .
hahaha, those are his winter wheels.

kenny
11-20-2002, 05:56 PM
oic, thanks, just wanted to know if by some slim chance, i may have been able to use my 9006 hids on these cars ifby chance i purchased one without hid

You can use the 9006 hid kit for the foglights on the slk as well as the e46 bimmers and my car is winter tire/wheel equipped right now :) Was thinking of putting on the summers for a couple days though!

Weapon_R
11-20-2002, 07:46 PM
Sorta off topic, but if anyone has phillips 9006 HID's that will fit my car, I have some brand new, never used D2R bulbs for trade...

bksze
11-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by kenny

You can use the 9006 hid kit for the foglights on the slk as well as the e46 bimmers and my car is winter tire/wheel equipped right now :) Was thinking of putting on the summers for a couple days though!

wow, pretty nice winter wheels, are those the stock ones that come with the amg?

if i were to use the 9006 kit for the fogs, wouldn't i need a projector of sort? or some type of casing???

buh_buh
11-21-2002, 01:53 AM
if i were to use the 9006 kit for the fogs, wouldn't i need a projector of sort? or some type of casing???
You don't NEED a projector.
It woudl be better if you did though.
If you don't have a projector or some sort of reflector, then the beam pattern will be all over the place.

bksze
11-21-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

You don't NEED a projector.
It woudl be better if you did though.
If you don't have a projector or some sort of reflector, then the beam pattern will be all over the place.

well if I didn't have a projector or at least some sort of casing, what's the bulb to fit into? I can't just leave an exposed lightbulb right??? From my knowledge of the foglights, they are all self enclosed lighting units . . .

kenny
11-21-2002, 06:22 PM

well if I didn't have a projector or at least some sort of casing, what's the bulb to fit into? I can't just leave an exposed lightbulb right??? From my knowledge of the foglights, they are all self enclosed lighting units . . .

On the SLK, you would just screw your 9006 HID kit into the socket. The fog light fits into the fog light lens/housing. Once screwed in, it'll be pretty much air tight.

bksze
11-21-2002, 06:31 PM
o okay, so the fog light housing and the actual bulb harness are separate . . . ic, thx