PDA

View Full Version : DVD player is MESSSSSSSED

Ajay
10-06-2004, 03:55 PM
I've had a Toshiba dvd player for awhile now and it's always been pretty good.

Today I put in a disc and about 2 minutes in it just froze up so I thought maybe it was fingerprints on the disc but it wouldn't let me forward or anything. I unplugged the dvd player and now it won't turn on at all.

Did I fry my dvd player and is there any way to get my dvd out of it?

QuasarCav
10-06-2004, 03:56 PM
There is always a way to get a DVD out.

Open her up, spray some compressed air on it and try it again. If it doesn't work then open it up and remove your DVD.

B17a
10-06-2004, 03:58 PM
WHat model? I had a Toshiba 3108 and did the same. Apparently there was a manufacturers defect with the processor.

Ajay
10-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
There is always a way to get a DVD out.

Open her up, spray some compressed air on it and try it again. If it doesn't work then open it up and remove your DVD.

How should I be opening it up? Just pry the front panel open?

Originally posted by B17a
WHat model? I had a Toshiba 3108 and did the same. Apparently there was a manufacturers defect with the processor.

Mines a really older model....I bought it about four years ago at the Big 4 Soundsaround sale. It's a SD 1600

B17a
10-06-2004, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't pry it open if you want to keep the machine. Depending on how attached you are to it and how much you think its worth, you may have to bring it into a shop and have them take a look. I highly recommend Southland Crossing TV. Basically if you take it in, you'll be spending at least $50 for them to look at it without really doing anything, so realistically $100 if its a minor problem to fix. For $100-150 there's lots of good brands to choose from brand spanking new.

Ajay
10-06-2004, 04:18 PM
True....I have this old Zenith one sitting around that I might use for the time being...or even my PS2.

I just really want to get my DVD outta the machine! Left it unplugged while I go to work. Come back and see if it'll turn back on again.

Gonthro
10-06-2004, 04:21 PM
get a screw driver, pry the tray open, remove your dvd, drop player in trash bin, go buy a new one.

Xtrema
10-07-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Gonthro
get a screw driver, pry the tray open, remove your dvd, drop player in trash bin, go buy a new one.

Exactly. Why dick around with it or paid a repairman when a new progressive scan Philips 642 is only $100 @ Walmart.

FYI, Philips 624 also plays Divx 3/4/5 files off CD-R/DVD-R.