PDA

View Full Version : Immobilizers

Kenny_boy
10-06-2004, 10:08 PM
K, I did I search on Immobilizers, couldn't find anyhting as to what I needed, what I am wondering is if anyone knows who might install them so I can get a reduction on my insurance.... btw, I have '97 GMC sierra and live in Northren Alberta

Weapon_R
10-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Unfortunately I can't help you out with installation unless you came to Calgary. Then, i'd recommend the legendary 12v (Jeff).

Most decent alarm systems have immobilizers.

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-07-2004, 09:28 AM
your best bet is to get a alarm or starter with a starter kill. those immobilizer things with the chip or key always fail!!!!

Kenny_boy
10-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Yah, it is just I was going for the insurance reduction thing, and yah, goin down to Calgary would be the way I go, but the 13 hour drive isn't exactly the greatest thing ever though, but thanx for the help n e ways...

dave5473
10-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Try Echo AVU in Grande Praire

catseye
11-05-2004, 03:20 PM
im a newbie from calgary
i resently found a company out here that has a cool service. gps tracking and immobilize they can track your car if you think its been stolen, and in under like no time (we tested it out it was 30 secs) they had our car on screen, where it was, which direction traveling and how fast. plus we could do this over our cell phone. (NO police or insurance need know hehe) how cool is that they have other options to but well i went with basic lol. Their a new company found out thrugh word of mouth. The guys were cool, their web page was.... www.gpspolice.net i think? il let all know how it holds up but fingers crossed that i never really have to use it.

thanks for letting me gush.:love:

:clap: :tongue: :D

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
11-05-2004, 03:34 PM
We sell a similar unit to that of the one catseye mentioned. This is a unit called "icantrack." This system is a GPS tracking unit that is completely controled by the owner of the car. "icantrack" is capable of remote starting your car, lock - unlock the doors, plus you can track your vehicle at any time anywhere, by yourself! This is all done through your own personal control site set up through "icantrack" Cell, PDA, Laptop, desktop can all control this unit Via internet. Lets say your car is stolen and your in another province or country for that matter.....the system will automaticaly call you and verify that the vehicle was moved. Once this has happened you jump on your PC and go to your personal control site.....you can then track on GPS maping where the car is going, how fast its going, plus you can shut the vehicle down with a push of a button. Anyway just a bit of info on a cool product check this out for more info......www.icantrack.com