PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights(Movie)

badseed
10-07-2004, 01:32 AM
Just saw this movie tonight cuz I got premiere passes. It stars Billy Bob Thorton & the guy who played "Antwone Fisher". Just to let every one know it's not "The best Football story" it's claimed to be.

I thougt "Any given sunday" & even "Remember the Titans" waz way better. Just my 2 cents. So wait till it comes out on DVD cuz it's not worth paying for in my opinion. Anyone else who sees it plz post your thoughts.

FiveFreshFish
10-07-2004, 02:49 AM
I just saw it too. It's the best football story in awhile IMO but I haven't seen the ones mentioned above. Anyway, I'm not much of a sports movie fan but do like true stories or those based on true stories.

It's an eye-opening look at the intense pressure the high school kids are under to succeed in football-crazy Texas. I thought this was only the case in college ball.

roopi
10-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Better or worse that Varsity Blues?

civicguy2002
10-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Me and my football team are going to see it tomorrow night in preperation of our championship game on Saturday. I think it will be good.

statick
10-07-2004, 12:34 PM
^ good luck on your game

Melinda
10-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I just saw it too. It's the best football story in awhile IMO but I haven't seen the ones mentioned above. Anyway, I'm not much of a sports movie fan but do like true stories or those based on true stories. You should definately see remember the titan then :)

I will wait to rent this movie but it looks pretty good :)

iceburns288
10-07-2004, 09:21 PM
The book is amazing. Read it too.