PDA

View Full Version : Jetta Turbo Diesel

T5_X
11-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Did the jetta III (93-96) come with the same 1.9 TDI engine as the current ones? I've heard really good things about reliability and fuel economy for these cars. I've been hearing though that just a chip, air filter and exhaust gives it about 30-40% more power!! That means up past 120Hp and near or over 200 Tq! Anyone know more? Particularly if the chip thing is true, and how it works to give so much more power while even increasing fuel efficiency. If true, just over a grand in mods would make one of these things haul while still being super practical.

hjr
11-20-2002, 11:12 PM
:)

I know that with the MK4 TDI, an 'upsolute' chip will give the diesel a 1.8T feel. And almost as fast as well. I really dont know if this applies to the MK3's as well, but i dont see why not...

Ill see what i can find out, and get back.

max_boost
11-20-2002, 11:53 PM
Anything added to a turbo car will yield impressive gains vs a regular N/A car:D

I have no clue on the older Jettas though

Ben
11-21-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
Did the jetta III (93-96) come with the same 1.9 TDI engine as the current ones? I've heard really good things about reliability and fuel economy for these cars. I've been hearing though that just a chip, air filter and exhaust gives it about 30-40% more power!! That means up past 120Hp and near or over 200 Tq! Anyone know more? Particularly if the chip thing is true, and how it works to give so much more power while even increasing fuel efficiency. If true, just over a grand in mods would make one of these things haul while still being super practical.

different motor bud

bart
11-21-2002, 06:37 PM
well, here's my dyno, my injection is off, thats why i have less horsepower and more torque then i'm supposed to, i will get it optimized more. btw, its a 2002 tdi golf.

http://www.speedcowboys.com/bart/images/dyno/dyno1.jpg

Audi Kid
11-21-2002, 11:00 PM
dude your name is bart?

bart
11-21-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Audi Kid
dude your name is bart?

depends on who's asking. why do you want to know? lol nevermind, i see now. nice to meet you...? :clap: :nut: