PDA

View Full Version : VE6XXX Plates

bspot
10-07-2004, 10:54 AM
What the hell is with all the vanity plates I see around that all start with VE6 and then add on 3 other letters at the end.

Is this some kind of cult or something?:confused:

civicguy2002
10-07-2004, 10:55 AM
It is for CB Radio. Those numbers are there signal so that you could talk to them if you had a cb radio in your car.

QuasarCav
10-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by bspot
What the hell is with all the vanity plates I see around that all start with VE6 and then add on 3 other letters at the end.

Is this some kind of cult or something?:confused:

Mormons!

no the other guy is right, they are callsigns for Ham radio operators.

Notice they always have freaky antennas all over them?

bspot
10-07-2004, 11:05 AM
ohhhh... thanks guys

Ben
10-07-2004, 11:09 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41205

bspot
10-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Well shit. The n00b will use search next time :(

googe
10-07-2004, 11:36 AM
ham radio. not cb.

Gonthro
10-07-2004, 11:58 AM
yeah, its thecall letter for a ham so you can chat it up with them and tell them where to go anow how to get there when they piss you off.

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Do they all have mullets and old trucks with the box full of empty beer cans too:rolleyes:

JCX
10-09-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by instal22
Do they all have mullets and old trucks with the box full of empty beer cans too:rolleyes:

Ham radio goes back years and isn't too common anymore. Most of them these days are pretty much old dudes. My neighbor used to have a setup and he'd talk to people all over the world.

Nice try though.

Gonthro
10-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by instal22

thats CB's not hams

Originally posted by JCX

Ham radio goes back years and isn't too common anymore. Most of them these days are pretty much old dudes. My neighbor used to have a setup and he'd talk to people all over the world.

nice try though.

yeah theres an old guy down the street from me that has like 6 huge antennas on his house that he uses with his ham... looking at his house we thought he was trying to contact aliens or something :P

Maxt
10-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by JCX

Nice try though.
Someone should tell those guys about that thing called the "internet"....:dunno: ...

JCX
10-10-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Maxt

Someone should tell those guys about that thing called the "internet"....:dunno: ...

Ham radios were around well before Al Gore invented the internet. ;)

davidI
10-10-2004, 01:00 AM
what about that movie contact where Helen Hunt made contact with Aliens after growing up with a ham radio? See, they are good for something. :D

Maxt
10-10-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by JCX

Ham radios were around well before Al Gore invented the internet. ;)
Yeah I know, but I still see these old farts sitting in their antenna overloaded cars on rural roads with a bag of cheetos....
They could be at home doing the same thing with pictures...Max

fast95pony
10-11-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Maxt

Yeah I know, but I still see these old farts sitting in their antenna overloaded cars on rural roads with a bag of cheetos....
They could be at home doing the same thing with pictures...Max

Kinda like kids sitting in their amp overloaded cars in mall parking lots watching DVD's . They could be at home watching the same thing on a much larger screen. :dunno:

;)