PDA

View Full Version : How many RHD drivers here?

Ghettobaby
10-07-2004, 04:54 PM
How many members on here drive a right hand drive ? Where do all of you get them from ?

brandon
10-07-2004, 04:55 PM
r32, and from import concern

civicrider
10-07-2004, 05:07 PM
my buddy has a RHD crx that hes selling if your interested in buying one

Mike09
10-07-2004, 07:47 PM
I used to,, And Import Concern

shadow
10-09-2004, 12:24 AM
Imported from Japan.
I imported it myself.
88 Rx-7 TII

Go4Long
10-09-2004, 10:49 PM
89 RX7 turbo here...there are a couple RHD cars around town now...and more every month or so...

Lo Pro
10-10-2004, 12:21 AM
i got a rhd crx theres tons of them around the city

shadow
10-10-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Go4Long
89 RX7 turbo here...there are a couple RHD cars around town now...and more every month or so...
haha we should start a jdm rx-7 club haha. =)

RB25DET
10-10-2004, 10:23 AM
R32 Skyline with RB25det, from a friend who has a business importing cars.

mx73someday
10-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by shadow

haha we should start a jdm rx-7 club haha. =)

I sold another JDM RX-7 to a customer in Calgary last month, so there should be at least 3 of you.

We should just go for a right hand drive cruise.

jdms13rhd
10-10-2004, 04:42 PM
88 s13 convertible. Lon Hall, World Car Link.

Go4Long
10-11-2004, 02:38 PM
all the RHD cars should meet up and cruise macleod or somethin...that would mess people up:P

HellfireR6
10-11-2004, 02:43 PM
and what, drive on the wrong side of the road also...lol that be a sight to see!

mx73someday
10-11-2004, 03:18 PM
I'm game for driving on the wrong side of the road! :thumbsup:

Go4Long
10-11-2004, 06:14 PM
right down macleod...50 points for the first person to hit oncoming traffic :nut:

I dunno...how many of you could make it out for wednsday night at chinook? count me as 1...

TypeS
10-11-2004, 10:06 PM
hey my sil is still in transit, but i'd love to come out to chinook and meet all the other RHD owners. And yea i say since we have the numbers now, we should definelty start a calgary jdm club, we could like...take over :tongue:

shadow
10-11-2004, 10:52 PM
I would definitely like to get something going... unfortunately I just uninsured my car... I am doing motor work.. hoping I will have a new turbo in and fine tuned for next summer..

But a JDM club would be awsome. =)

Go4Long
10-12-2004, 08:17 AM
yeah I am hoping to get a new turbo set up on the go by next spring too...some of the stuff that goes through yahoo japan is insane...damn...I really wanted to see your car shadow...ah well...I will still be there if anyone else shows up.

el_fefes
10-12-2004, 06:44 PM
is it hard to get used to RHD? especially if it's standard?

Go4Long
10-12-2004, 06:47 PM
nah...third gear took like a day for me to stop missing when I was shifting hard...but beyond that it's easy...1-2 is nice...

everything else is just remembering to judge by the right line instead of the left...it scares passengers some times cus I usually end up driving pretty close to parked cars and that kinda thing.

and left turns at a big intersection if someone else is turning in the other direction suck ass...you either wait for a yellow light or until the other guy moves, or if ya feel like lookin really funny just lean across the other seat

1-Bar
10-13-2004, 09:04 AM
nah...third gear took like a day for me to stop missing when I was shifting hard...but beyond that it's easy...1-2 is nice...

everything else is just remembering to judge by the right line instead of the left...it scares passengers some times cus I usually end up driving pretty close to parked cars and that kinda thing.

and left turns at a big intersection if someone else is turning in the other direction suck ass...you either wait for a yellow light or until the other guy moves, or if ya feel like lookin really funny just lean across the other seat

lol....how are your fast food experiences through drive throughs?? Or do you just goto Peter's??

Go4Long
10-13-2004, 09:30 AM
actually that's not to bad...I have to explain it a lot(you know the type that works the drive through window at your average mcdicks...I get a lot of the who? what? when? where? why? and of course how?'s)...there is a lean that ya have to do, but it ain't that bad.

statick
10-13-2004, 10:08 AM
shadow, wut car do u drive ?

crazydave
10-13-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by el_fefes
is it hard to get used to RHD? especially if it's standard?

its not hard you just need some cashola. no harder than goin down to nissan and buying a car par-sae. just need to give them time to ship the car.

iceburns288
10-13-2004, 10:24 AM
So instead of the shift gates going...
1 3 5
2 4 6 (R)

It goes...
5 3 1
6 4 2

:eek: I would find that hard to deal with... Especially on my uncoordinated left hand:nut:

brandon
10-13-2004, 10:26 AM
nope the shift gates are the same man, and pedals are the same too.

You just have to use your left hand

Go4Long
10-13-2004, 10:34 AM
yeah...everything is the same...you are just sitting on the other side of it...the only thing that is strangely reversed is the turn signal indicator is on the right hand side of the steering wheel...messed me up for a few days.

brandon
10-13-2004, 10:35 AM
me to man, when I get back into my other car when I goto change lanes I always hit the windshield whipers lol

Tha VZA
10-13-2004, 11:17 AM
actually that's not to bad...I have to explain it a lot(you know the type that works the drive through window at your average mcdicks...I get a lot of the who? what? when? where? why? and of course how?'s)...there is a lean that ya have to do, but it ain't that bad.

drive through backwards
see what happens

ciao

Go4Long
10-13-2004, 11:59 AM
they're not as amused as I thought they would be by that...I don't know why...I thought it was hillarious

blinkme_210
10-13-2004, 12:56 PM
When I drove a JDM RX7, it was suprisingly easy. Just hopped in the car, and drove off, didn't even really have to think about the shifting. But like everyone else on here, the turn signals got me the first few times.

shadow
10-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by statick
shadow, wut car do u drive ?

I drive a 88 rx-7 TII just like some of the other guys on here. =)
I am the guy with the excessively wide wheels.

Originally posted by blinkme_210
But like everyone else on here, the turn signals got me the first few times.

Haha I used to do the confused grab for the turn signal quite a bit. =) I have also pounded my hand into the window twice when I was not paying attention and I tried to do the normal merge thank you wave.. with my right hand haha.

yeah I am hoping to get a new turbo set up on the go by next spring too...some of the stuff that goes through yahoo japan is insane...damn...I really wanted to see your car shadow
Japan auctions are wonderful... although you definitely have to be patient for shipping unless you wanna pay a couple hundred bucks for rush shipping hehe. I have ordered stuff a couple times and completely forgotten about them only to get a package a month and a half later and think.. wtf is this thing. :)

I have not seen your car yet go4long.... hopefully I will get to see the lovely rotary next year. =)

TypeS
10-13-2004, 06:59 PM
i can't wait to jump in mine when it gets here....mainly because i drive such a shit box right now and i think i forgot what power feels like.....
yours is that yellow widebody FC right shadow? if so props man, sick ride:thumbsup:

ex1z7
10-14-2004, 12:51 AM
Took me like an hour to learn to drive again, to reverse I'd look over my shoulder and hit the window a few times.. seatbelt too I was so used to driving on the left hand side >_< Stupid Australia. I wonder what's going to happen when I move back to Canada in a month or two and have to re-learn that side after a year of this... Ah crap. , oh, I drive a RHD Stanza btw, woot for 4 door weak engined sedans !

shadow
10-14-2004, 11:31 AM
Thanks! :)
It will be great when you get your S-13 Type S... I looove those cars... *drools*

Do you have any pictures of your car yet or are you still shopping for one?
Did you get your car via live auction... or yahoo auctions..
I got mind thru live auction but I think my next car will be through yahoo auctions.

Originally posted by ex1z7
I wonder what's going to happen when I move back to Canada in a month or two and have to re-learn that side after a year of this... Ah crap. , oh, I drive a RHD Stanza btw, woot for 4 door weak engined sedans !

You will be fiiine.. just make absolutely sure for the first bit you do not drive when you are exhausted... or else you may find yourself driving down the middle of the road when you revert back to habit hehe. =)

sin
10-14-2004, 02:46 PM
does anyone here own a RHD FC TII, sorta gun-metal, jdm lip kit (i think), HKS turbo-timer, after-market wheels, and live by chinook center mall? if so i saw it and besides the dent on the driver... uhh passenger side i guess it was amazing!

Go4Long
10-14-2004, 03:26 PM
that'd be me...thanks
the dent on the passenger side was courtesy of someone at chinook center not knowing how to park...bastard didn't even leave a note or anything...ah well...life goes on...
I don't think the turbo timer is HKS(there is a turbo timer on there...I just don't know what brand it is)...but there is a HKS PFC Fcon down by the transmission tunnel on the passenger side if that is what you're talkin about...

TypeS
10-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Do you have any pictures of your car yet or are you still shopping for one?
I have purchased a car, (through import concern's auction listings) But they tried to get my car to the harbor as quick as possible to make a vessel for oct 6th that they did not get a chance to snap pics, went straight from auction house to the harbor. but just cuz bad things like to happen to me, the vessel was cancelled and my car is sitting at the harbor right now waiting for another boat. i have the auction pics though, heres a sneek-peek!
http://www.importconcern.ca/auction/04.09/6875_1.jpg
im going to go bonkers waiting for this thing!:nut:

mx73someday
10-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by TypeS

But they tried to get my car to the harbor as quick as possible to make a vessel for oct 6th that they did not get a chance to snap pics, went straight from auction house to the harbor. but just cuz bad things like to happen to me, the vessel was cancelled and my car is sitting at the harbor right now waiting for another boat.

Don't feel bad, I have a car I bought back in August that was supposed to ship then, and it's still waiting to come, probably sitting next to yours :)

Phuqu
10-14-2004, 10:58 PM
And probably sitting beside mine. My boat leaves on the 20th. :)

sin
10-14-2004, 11:51 PM
ya that must have been what i saw, anyways nice car, thats my realistic dream car :thumbsup:

Go4Long
10-14-2004, 11:54 PM
hehehe...mine was pretty cheap...just over $5k(they are a little more inflated now)...wait a couple years and you will be able to get an FD for under 10...

Arthur Dent
10-15-2004, 07:11 AM
I got a RHD 1969 Reliant Scimitar GTE - I bought it from a friend.

Focus
10-15-2004, 09:21 AM
how much does it end up costing? lets say the car itself costs $4000.00, how much would the total cost be in the end? I am looking at getting a RHD Mercedes, but I am scared of all the costs on top of the price as well as the price of fixing it.

QuasarCav
10-15-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Focus
how much does it end up costing? lets say the car itself costs $4000.00, how much would the total cost be in the end? I am looking at getting a RHD Mercedes, but I am scared of all the costs on top of the price as well as the price of fixing it.

Dont forget about insurance. I'm not sure about all the myths and what not but Girlie_Racer said a RHD conversion would increase her insurance by 700%.

Go4Long
10-15-2004, 10:17 AM
my insurance is the exact same as if my car was left hand drive. usually if the car was distributed here in the first place they are easy to insure...it is just the cars like the skylines that are a little more difficult. The only real issue with it was convincing my insurance company that it was okay that it only had a 10 digit serial number instead of a 17 digit vin

jdms13rhd
10-22-2004, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by shadow

I am the guy with the excessively wide wheels.

QUOTE]

Haha. Sweet!

jdms13rhd
10-22-2004, 09:21 AM
My insurance costs me $123.70 a month for my silvia and im not with anybody all that great.

Bigstar*
12-14-2004, 12:54 AM
Edited by moderator. No shameless advertising for shops unless you are a sponsor. It is unfair to the shops who do pay for advertising on this site.