PDA

View Full Version : Autocross/solo 2 Sat. Oct. 9 - Race City!!!!

reijo
10-07-2004, 06:09 PM
We are trying to plan a solo 2/autocross for the south half of the road course at Race City for this coming Saturday - Oct. 9!

Start likely around 10 am (or sooner....just have to set up)....to about 4-5 pm.

We need a few more people to cover the cost and anyone is welcome to join in.....don't have to be a member of the CSCC! I have 18 people already indicated they are willing to show up....

Just show up with your car in good condition (no fluids leaks, battery properly secured - no bungie cords, tight wheel bearings etc.).

If you have never done it before, there will be a number of experienced drivers there to give instruction, ride along, give you a ride! :^)

Let me know if you are going to show up here.......also a possibility we may be out next weekend also.

Cost will be $50 at most....and will lower it if we can (e.g. if we get enough people....we are not trying to make a profit and just want to get in some more seat time......lots of interesting cars too!)

Please note that this is the extended south course.....covers something like 1/2 of the road course/track....not just the extreme south portion.....that is why it is costing us a bit more but it is also a LOT more interesting.

C'mon out!

PM me or add to this thread if you are interested.

Thanks!

Reijo

Zero102
10-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Stupid question, I heard there is another one next sunday, so I'm asking about this =), what constitutes a proper battery hold-down?
Mine only has a clamp on the bottom of the battery, is that acceptable?

Other than that, I think my car is 100% ready to go =)

The extended south course, I presume that includes that terrible turn before you come back down the front straight?
I've seen a few cars eat it there, so I guess I'll have to take it slow.

reijo
10-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Hi,

Your stock battery tie-down/clamp down method is fine. Basically the rule is intended to get the people with bungie cords holding their batteries in place to proper bolt them down.

And, yes, I have next Sunday booked at Race City, insurance in place etc. We just have to know whether there are enough people interested......about a dozen people are interested thus far.....haven't kept a strict count until now.

The "dreaded" turn is at the north end of the track and then the area where it comes onto the front straight where the dragstrip begins. We do not use this.....we are at the other end of the track where there are no walls and basically not much of anything to hit.....flat prairie grass (except for gopher holes).

Can I put you down as an entry?

Reijo

Zero102
10-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Sorry, I mis-described the corner.
I meant the set of hairpins, which I think is included in the extended south roadcourse. It seperates the back part of the course from the front straightaway, about at the mid-point of the front straight.

I'm about 95% sure I'll be there. I just had my wisdom teeth out, but they are letting me drive today, so I should be good to race by the weekend =)

I'll make sure my battery is good and tight, don't want it hitting my hood and shorting out.

Are passengers/spectators allowed?
What is the format like? How much track time should I expect if I say for the entire day?

Zero102
10-13-2004, 02:03 PM
One more question, the forecast is calling for snow on sunday. Is the day cancelled if it rains/snows? I've never raced in the snow before, lol.

speedracer
10-13-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
One more question, the forecast is calling for snow on sunday. Is the day cancelled if it rains/snows? I've never raced in the snow before, lol.
Does F1 race in rain? ;)

It all depends on turn out at the moment. These are only fun events. It's cheap and your runs are only limited by you :).

If it snows, the rally guys will be there.

Check here for updates: http://cscc.speedracer.ca

Zero102
10-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Forgive my ignorant answer, but I believe they do race in the rain =)

I'd be happy to race in the rain, but the snow worries me a little. Never had to put on the winter tires to go racing, lol.

Although, from the thread on the other board, it sounds rather like they're going both days? I think saturday would be a much better day to go.
But, if the weather is good, and the price is right, I would go both days. I really need some more seat time this year.

reijo
10-13-2004, 10:51 PM
More info on the cscc forums as noted above.

However, we are intending on running one day (we have a choice - Sat. or Sun.)....and the weather is looking better on Sat. right now.

We will wait and see what happens with the weather and will run with that.....and also if we have enough people (gotta pay for the track rental).

Reijo

bart
10-28-2004, 11:26 PM
bump, another event this saturday!!!

reijo
10-29-2004, 09:07 AM
Gates will open at 9 am for set up and running shortly thereafter until about 4 pm....

South end of Race City road course.

C'mon out.

Reijo

Moonracer
10-29-2004, 09:20 AM
hmmm why must you tempt me. :tongue:

bart
10-29-2004, 08:49 PM
whats the price again?

AllGoNoShow
10-29-2004, 09:59 PM
damn if only I didnt have to work!!!