PDA

View Full Version : Rolled Back Odometer at Dealership

milhouse15
10-07-2004, 06:53 PM
I recently I had my car for sale on here 92 prelude 4WS

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54536

I sold it to a used car dealer with 265XXX km and they turned it back to 220,000 my sources said and they are selling it for double what I sold it to them for.

http://www.canadatrader.com/trader/result/result.asp?rubno=4000&r=%27CAL%27&ste=&sid=&issr=1&yfr=0&yto=0&kfr=0&kto=0&pfr=0&pto=0&dm=1&dp=4&mk=HONDA&md=PRELUDE&kw=&or=0&oby=7&pg=2

http://www.canadatrader.com/trader/result/result.asp?rubno=4000&r=%27CAL%27&ste=&sid=&issr=1&yfr=0&yto=0&kfr=0&kto=0&pfr=0&pto=0&dm=1&dp=4&mk=HONDA&md=PRELUDE&kw=&or=0&oby=7&pg=3

Any body ever bust somebody trying to do this???????????

ryder_23
10-07-2004, 07:17 PM
well dealerships by it cheap and sell for more then they paid, so thats a given, or else they wouldnt be in buisness.

However, as for the odometer roll back, u'd hafta go and check it out yourself.

Gspotracer
10-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Same thing happened to a friend of mine, he traded in his 92 Z24, which had like 260,000k on it & it showed up at a used dealership with 190,000 on it a week later for a lot more money, don't think he did anything about it though.

spike7ss
10-07-2004, 07:32 PM
i would talk to the RCMP, as its illegal to tamper with the odometer, and since you have proof of it

Better busness bural maybe?

BebeAphrodite
10-07-2004, 07:34 PM
the problem is that the better business bureau has no real power

1badPT
10-07-2004, 08:12 PM
The first auto trader listing shows 265,000 kms :dunno:

2002civic
10-07-2004, 08:21 PM
i think the first is his add and the second is the stealerships

Fluidic
10-07-2004, 08:22 PM
No where on that site does it list you're car with LESS then 265,000km. Sometimes people make mistakes when entering data in -- especially at a dealership. Hell. That was part of my job when I worked for Volkswagen. Sometimes there would be an extra zero added somewhere in the price, or the odometer listing, sometimes there would be a number missing.

Shit happens. Don't be running to the cops right away when you're tummy starts turning butterfly's.

Weapon_R
10-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic
No where on that site does it list you're car with LESS then 265,000km. Sometimes people make mistakes when entering data in -- especially at a dealership. Hell. That was part of my job when I worked for Volkswagen. Sometimes there would be an extra zero added somewhere in the price, or the odometer listing, sometimes there would be a number missing.

Shit happens. Don't be running to the cops right away when you're tummy starts turning butterfly's.

He said his sources said that the km's are at 220k. It doesn't have to be mentioned in the ad. If it's true, I urge you to call the RCMP. This is a serious offence, one that should not be ignored. Some poor unsuspecting person will end up paying ~8k for a car with a lot more mileage than he/she may think.

iceburns288
10-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

mx73someday
10-07-2004, 09:41 PM
AMVIC is supposed to deal with this, but I also hear that they are not very good at getting results or handing out fines.

ZorroAMG
10-07-2004, 11:36 PM
Better have some proof of what the odometer was really at ex: service record with most recent record, showing KMs in ans KMs out etc....otherwise, it's hard to prove...

Gspotracer
10-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Better have some proof of what the odometer was really at ex: service record with most recent record, showing KMs in ans KMs out etc....otherwise, it's hard to prove...

The registry should have it on record from the most recent bill of sale.

cloud7
10-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Gspotracer

The registry should have it on record from the most recent bill of sale.

well, only if the km was filled in on the previous bill of sale... it is not a requirement

Boosted_TL
10-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Yes call AMVIC for this.

And I would believe it as I bought a Mustang from him a few years back and the odo read.... 103 xxx and when I did a VIN check there was a service record from BC listed at 158 xxx for an oil change.

This fucker's name is Nygen or some shit like that and he is as crooked as his front teeth !!!

Dont let him get away with it !! Call AMVIC and find some service records and the VIN number of the vehicle and proof that it was yours... Go look at the car with a buddy and take a picture of the odo and the VIN number....

Then file a complaint with the BBB.

This will be a long process and will take time, stick through it and please shut this bastard down....

I lost out in my case with him, as I filled a complaint and went to small claims with him, but the court date was like 8 months down the road.... I didnt keep the Mustang for that long, ended up selling it to a buddy for like 5000 less and taking a hit.... So my case was thrown out

Now that same Mustang is heavily Turbocharged and is running with 1040HP and is capable of 7 seconds.... Now theres a story for you. Its Dereks car now !!!