PDA

View Full Version : What the hell was Acura THINKING!!!!

luderollup
10-09-2004, 01:46 PM
what do you guys think of the brand new RSX's.... i completely think they ruined the shape of them.. the new headlights and taillights are gross :barf: and now the rsx looks like a Civic....maybe just my opinion but i would never buy 1...the only good thing is the new colors

88CRX
10-09-2004, 01:51 PM
i agree..... if they wouldnt have changed anything i woulda bought an rsx instead. :dunno: oh well there loss.

kanjus_paki
10-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
i agree..... if they wouldnt have changed anything i woulda bought an rsx instead. :dunno: oh well there loss.

uhh not really, its the same company in the end...

rice_eater
10-09-2004, 02:24 PM
can someone post a pic?

ex1z7
10-09-2004, 02:34 PM
RSX Type S http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/roadtests/firstdrive/2005/acura.rsx.types/05.acura.rsx.types.f34.500.jpg
Civic Coupe
http://automobiles.honda.com/images/2005/civic_coupe/com096_model_image.jpg

I think you'll notice a different in acceleration between the two >_>

GT2NV
10-09-2004, 02:35 PM
i saw one yesterday, black with huge rims, and it was slammed, looked unreal, 100x better than last years:thumbsup:

1badPT
10-09-2004, 02:46 PM
I've never been a huge fan of the RSX but the new one appeals to me even less than the last gen model, and the last gen model was pretty bland so yeah what are they thinking?

Edit - comparing the older ones to the new, am I right in seeing the only difference is 3 bulbs instead of the 2+indicators in the headlights, redesign of the lower fascia where the fogs used to be and a fold in the front bumper? Not a really bold redesign :dunno:

cujo_cjc
10-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
I've never been a huge fan of the RSX but the new one appeals to me even less than the last gen model, and the last gen model was pretty bland so yeah what are they thinking?

Edit - comparing the older ones to the new, am I right in seeing the only difference is 3 bulbs instead of two in the headlights, redesign of the lower fascia where the fogs used to be and a fold in the front bumper? Not a really bold redesign :dunno:

-all new headlights (notice there is no 'bubble's at the bottom part)
-new front and rear bumper
-type s model now has 17" rims standard with somewhat of a lip kit and mini spoiler
-type s model has 210hp now with a new final drive (intake, exhaust, camshafts?)
-some better quality front seats (cheap leather which wore out quick) and new guages

Strider
10-09-2004, 02:59 PM
i never did like the old headlights...

the new one looks a lot more classy, albeit a little bland

statick
10-09-2004, 03:10 PM
i like hte new , looks a bit mroe up 2 date i guess, but the old one was stil pimp.

Def_3
10-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT

Edit - comparing the older ones to the new, am I right in seeing the only difference is 3 bulbs instead of the 2+indicators in the headlights, redesign of the lower fascia where the fogs used to be and a fold in the front bumper? Not a really bold redesign :dunno:

:werd: I agree completely

badseed
10-09-2004, 03:14 PM
I actually don't mind the new ones, and to tell you the truth I waz never really a fan of the bubbles at the bottem of the headlights.

luderollup
10-09-2004, 04:00 PM
haha i guess thats what i dont like about the new ones... my biggest complaint was the headlights... i really liked the old ones and how they "bubble" at the bottom, i also liked how the tailights bubbled a bit too... now everything is so plain and square... they are getting further and further away from the shapes used in the 94-2001 tegs.... i wonder if the JDM honda integras are using the new usdm headlights and tails, or if they are going more in an 94-2001 ITR headlight direction..... hmm will be interesting to see

googe
10-09-2004, 04:31 PM
they look the same as last years RSX :dunno:

M_Power
10-09-2004, 04:43 PM
they didn't exactly ruin any lines. the roofline, windows, everything is the same but the lights

EnRich
10-09-2004, 05:33 PM
Wow it really does look like a civic... And did you guys know that in Japan, the Acura TL, is the Honda Accord there... I love the new TLs, way better then the actual 2004 Accord here... I wouldnt buy the RSX looking like that either....

aquamarine
10-09-2004, 05:33 PM
For some odd reason, they look like a cavalier.... YECH

cujo_cjc
10-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by luderollup
haha i guess thats what i dont like about the new ones... my biggest complaint was the headlights... i really liked the old ones and how they "bubble" at the bottom, i also liked how the tailights bubbled a bit too... now everything is so plain and square... they are getting further and further away from the shapes used in the 94-2001 tegs.... i wonder if the JDM honda integras are using the new usdm headlights and tails, or if they are going more in an 94-2001 ITR headlight direction..... hmm will be interesting to see

its the same in japan too
except for their type r version theres just a 'type r' spoiler and thats diff. than the type s now (looks wise)

benyl
10-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Are the RSX and the Civic still built on the same chasis?

luderollup
10-09-2004, 06:47 PM
no i dont beleive they are built on the same chasis... im pretty sure it was just like the integra and civic back in the day

max_boost
10-09-2004, 08:28 PM
It doesn't look too bad. I don't think the MSRP increase is justifiable though, isn't it at $33K now?:dunno:

4doorj
10-09-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
Wow it really does look like a civic... And did you guys know that in Japan, the Acura TL, is the Honda Accord there... I love the new TLs, way better then the actual 2004 Accord here... I wouldnt buy the RSX looking like that either....
r u sure? im pretty sure in japan their accord is the north america tsx

i like the older ones better... glad i got mine this year

Akagi Redsuns
10-09-2004, 09:06 PM

You are wrong. The TSX is the Accord in Japan and Europe. Probably other countries as well.

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/accord/

SkylineAdmirer
10-09-2004, 09:12 PM
I prefered the old one, but the new are still alright, maybe a nicer spoiler would be good.

Kamen
10-09-2004, 10:43 PM
The new ones look a lot better in person. The interior is pretty damn nice after I climbed in.
I don't like the mini spoiler though...that's about it...heh

dam_guy
10-10-2004, 03:14 AM
i didn't like the look of it in the pictures, but i agree with kamen, they look better in person.

EnRich
10-10-2004, 12:10 PM
dunno this is something a dealer at T&T told me just a couple days ago when I commented what a nice car it was... I c your right though, but honestly I dont go looking around internet web sites at Japans accords, cause frankly who cares ;)

Xtrema
10-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Like all Honda products, they don't photograph well.

Looks better in person.

But for RSX, it's a waste of money. Especially when you flip for $33K one with almost no torque.

While for $3K more, you get sport with Scooby WRX and luxury with Volvo S40 2.5i (turbo 218hp, 226lb/ft).

Even in their own camp, a Accord V6 Coupe is around that price too. While it's not as good in handling, the 240HP V6 power plant provides smooth crusing.

RSX is overpriced. Time to take $5K off and send it back to Honda.

kanjus_paki
10-11-2004, 11:39 AM
dunno this is something a dealer at T&T told me just a couple days ago when I commented what a nice car it was... I c your right though, but honestly I dont go looking around internet web sites at Japans accords, cause frankly who cares ;)

ya that guys rite, tsx is accord

tl is honda inspire

cloud7
10-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

But for RSX, it's a waste of money. Especially when you flip for $33K one with almost no torque.

While for $3K more, you get sport with Scooby WRX and luxury with Volvo S40 2.5i (turbo 218hp, 226lb/ft).

yes, with $3k more you do get more power and torque, and in better straight line speed in WRX's case... but the WRX and Volvo doesn't compare to the curve carving standard set by the RSX. In the RSX you experience the overall package and not just the engine. Now with the latest improvements, it is the closest thing to a RSX Type R as we're gonna get.

CdnSilverStreak
10-11-2004, 03:03 PM
The new RSx is cleaner IMO... much better than last year's...

Some improvements...

210 HP and 143 lb/ft of torque...
Re-designed front/rear bumpers...
Projector headlights...
Redline at 8300 rpm... (last Type-S was at 7900)
Standard 17 inch rims...
Better quality seats...
Larger stabilizer bars...
Re-designed gauges...

Other things that I can't think of right now... but I like it better than the previous RSX's...

accordingtoome
03-11-2005, 07:23 AM
ya for sure.. i wanted an rsx so bad but i ended up getting an older body one as the new ones suck asss .. you can not tell them apart.. sheesh for awhile i thougt i was the only one that noticed this:thumbsdow

GTS Jeff
03-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Are the RSX and the Civic still built on the same chasis?

Originally posted by luderollup
no i dont beleive they are built on the same chasis... im pretty sure it was just like the integra and civic back in the day

They are both built on the same chassis. The CR-V also shares the same chassis if I'm not mistaken.

Akagi Redsuns
03-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

They are both built on the same chassis. The CR-V also shares the same chassis if I'm not mistaken.

And the Element as well.

Seanith
03-11-2005, 03:13 PM
I like the new RSX's. If you see them on the road perhaps it will sway your POV.

joseph
03-11-2005, 03:36 PM
:werd: I hated the new design until I actually saw one on the road

oddjob
03-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Its a nice car, I was going to trade my Talon for a new 05 one. :thumbsup:

X_plorer
03-11-2005, 06:23 PM
The only thing I noticed that was different about the RSX is that the freight and PDI seems to have gone up to about 1500.00 and has increased the price of the car. They were cheaper when they first came out. In fact all manufactorers seem to be charging and arm and a leg for this, I only paid 800.00 when I bought my car.

BigMass
03-11-2005, 06:35 PM
I guess a lot of people missed out on the changes they made for the 2005 model

RSX/RSX Type-S

* Revised suspension tuning for increased handling precision and a smoother ride
o Ride height reduced by 7 mm
o Optimized damper and spring settings
o Firmer stabilizer bars (front and rear for Type-S, front for RSX)
o Bushings at suspension installation points were optimized
o Inversely wound front coil springs
* Refined steering system for enhanced feel and quicker response
o Quicker steering ratio
o Stiffer steering column
o Pump flow increased by seven percent
o Kickback reduction valve
* Optimized braking system for enhanced stopping power and feel
o Pedal stroke decreased
o Master cylinder diameter increased
o Brake pedal to rigidity increased
* Larger diameter 17-inch alloy wheels and 215/45R17 all-season high-performance tires
* Body rigidity increased 15 percent in front and 21 percent in the rear through the application of reinforcements at key areas
* NVH reduced
o Engine damper added to front subframe to reduce engine rocking and vibration transmitted from the engine to the cabin
o Insulation material added at key points on doors and roof to reduce road noise
o Side-mirror gaps sealed and weather strip added
* More aggressive exterior styling
o New front and rear bumper designs
o Redesigned headlight and taillight assemblies
o Restyled signature 5-sided Acura grille
o Redesigned side sill garnish
o Four new exterior colors: Magnesium Metallic, Vivid Blue Pearl, Jade Green Metallic, Blaze Orange Metallic
* Freshened interior design
o Deeply bolstered front seats with thicker cushions
o New chrome and titanium-look accents
o Meter faces changed from metallic to white

RSX Type-S Additional Enhancements

* Engine intake and exhaust modifications that boost the horsepower of the Type-S model to 210 at 7800 rpm (compared to 200 hp at 7400 rpm on the previous model)
o High performance camshafts to improve engine breathing
o Air intake duct enlarged for increased air flow
o Larger diameter exhaust pipes to increase exhaust flow
o Catalytic converter optimized to reduce exhaust backpressure
* 6-speed transmission optimized with a lower final gear ratio for quicker acceleration and carbon synchronizers replacing brass on 5th and 6th gears for a smoother shift feel
* Larger diameter front strut tower bar
* Bushings replaced by bearings on strut mount
* Larger diameter 17-inch alloy wheels and 215/45R17 all-season high-performance tires
* Deck lid spoiler

The '05 RSX-S has more potential than the '02-04 RSX-S because of the Type R cams. Hondata was able to squeeze 208.7hp / 148.9ft/lb from a RSX-S with CAI and K-Pro running on a modified 02-04 ECU on the 05. They surmise that they would have gotten even greater gains with the stock PRC snorkel intake (sorry not PRM) ... The results are even more impressive when you look at the dyno curve,

18 ft-lbs more of torque @ 2000 rpms, 15 ft-lbs @ 5800 and 8000, 16 hp peak gain, and 20hp @ 5800 rpms and 8000 rpms.

The dyno graphs speak for themselves, if and when Hondata ever release a flash for the 05 RSX-S, the car will have an extreme amount of potential especially with a K-Pro like full tuning system and some added goodies like a race header, etc ...

http://www.hondata.com/dynok20-05rsx.html

Of course, not everyone is looking for performance. So in that case, looks maybe the most important.

240droptop
03-11-2005, 09:45 PM
I think it looks alright :dunno:

JordanEG6
03-12-2005, 12:34 AM
personally, i think the 05s look good. it has a cleaner look to it while still keeping it aggressive looking. but i'd pick a jdm type R over it anyways. :thumbsup: