PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Insurance Company screwed me!!

topher91
10-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Hey guys. So I got this problem with my insurance company here. I went to get insurance for my car, they originally quoted me about $1900. I asked the insurance lady "how accurate is this quote??" she told me "expect it to go up or down about $100 when you get your actual policy in the mail." I said ok awesome as i would only be paying about $160/mth :thumbsup:

Got my policy in the mail yesterday and it read $2500/yr!!! My jaw just dropped :eek: !!! Can they do that?? I gave them all the information and it was accurate about me and my car?? I know I signed papers saying that it was a quote but can they change it by that much??

Some help and opinoins would be appreciated :(

Chris

Gspotracer
10-09-2004, 05:10 PM
did you get your original Quote before Oct 1?, if so the insurance reforms came in to effect Oct 1st so this might be the reason for the difference

Seanith
10-10-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Gspotracer
did you get your original Quote before Oct 1?, if so the insurance reforms came in to effect Oct 1st so this might be the reason for the difference

Weird that hes paying more though.. Chris isnt' that old :D

Gspotracer
10-10-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

Weird that hes paying more though.. Chris isnt' that old :D

Depends on his driving record

CKY
10-10-2004, 02:32 AM
but still $600 is not close to "expect it to go up or down about $100"

hope you get things straightened out

gkAeris
10-10-2004, 03:01 AM
but it was just a quote right?

u still have the option of buying it or not????

topher91
10-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by gkAeris
but it was just a quote right?

u still have the option of buying it or not????

Well, no I got the insurance already. When we were doing all the paper work, the computer said that my insurance premium is $1895/yr, that was on the same day I actually got the insurance purchased. It was effectivly starting the next day. Oct01.

As for my driving record, its as clean as a whistle. No claims, accidents or tickets w/in the last 3yrs!?!? :confused: and I've been driving since I was 16 (and fully insured since then too) and I'm 22 now, so WTF?? :thumbsdow

I tired calling the company but they are closed for the weekend. So Tue morning I'm ripping them a new one :guns: . But what should I say to them in my defense and to have them lower it back to close to the original quote??

Chris

Gspotracer
10-10-2004, 02:11 PM
The best thing to do is to get some quotes from other campanies & see if you can find anyone thats cheaper, they might have made a mistake when they gave you your quote, it wouldn't be the first time an insurance company screwed things up.

Seanith
10-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by topher91

But what should I say to them in my defense and to have them lower it back to close to the original quote??

Chris

Well if they said it was $1900, didnt' you sign a form that said you agreed to the quote they gave you?

BebeAphrodite
10-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

Well if they said it was $1900, didnt' you sign a form that said you agreed to the quote they gave you?

I'm thinkin that it was a phone quote n that's why he's stressin

88CRX
10-10-2004, 05:30 PM
be thankfull thats all your paying :banghead: i'm paying over $400/month :thumbsdow

btw - 1 ticket, no claims

max_boost
10-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by topher91
Hey guys. So I got this problem with my insurance company here. I went to get insurance for my car, they originally quoted me about $1900. I asked the insurance lady "how accurate is this quote??" she told me "expect it to go up or down about $100 when you get your actual policy in the mail." I said ok awesome as i would only be paying about $160/mth :thumbsup:

Got my policy in the mail yesterday and it read $2500/yr!!! My jaw just dropped :eek: !!! Can they do that?? I gave them all the information and it was accurate about me and my car?? I know I signed papers saying that it was a quote but can they change it by that much??

Some help and opinoins would be appreciated :(

Chris

You need to talk to the person who quoted you initially. Perhaps they made a mistake?

Originally posted by 88CRX
be thankfull thats all your paying :banghead: i'm paying over $400/month :thumbsdow

btw - 1 ticket, no claims

:rofl: Oh that sucks dude, that's how much I pay for both my cars. Sucks though! At least Statefarm came through with my accident, very impressed with their service.:thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
10-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

You need to talk to the person who quoted you initially. Perhaps they made a mistake?

:rofl: Oh that sucks dude, that's how much I pay for both my cars. Sucks though! At least Statefarm came through with my accident, very impressed with their service.:thumbsup:

you all pay such cheap insurance! i've had 2 speeding tickets (both around only 10 over) over the last 3 years, and that's it! and i'm 19...maxboost...is statefarm good? good rates?

topher91
10-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

I'm thinkin that it was a phone quote n that's why he's stressin

Nope, not a phone quote. That was what she gave me when I was in the office signing papers etc to get insurance for Oct 01.

Well, I'll let you all know what happens after tomorrow's phone call!! :guns:

Chris

Ajay
10-12-2004, 12:27 AM
If you have a quote that states $1900 and it has both your and the insurance agent's signature you should be able to easily dispute the discreprancy in the quote. If it was signed it was agreed upon by both parties.

I'de definetly go talk to the person who told you it was gonna be $1900.....$600 is a big difference.

I'm hoping my insurance goes down come January!! Guess I'll find out about mid December when they send me notice of my insurance renewal.

topher91
10-12-2004, 09:19 AM
Ok just called them (916am) my Insurance rep told me that I did have a ticket in May of 2002, which would drop my "8 Star" rating down to a 7, but she even said that to go down 1 star rating that
the difference should only be 1-200 dollars not 5-6 hun. So, looks like things are still gonna change around and she'll get back to me when she gets more info about this. *fingers crossed* :clap:

Chris