PDA

View Full Version : My new 4.10 gears

Mtrunks49
10-10-2004, 12:08 AM
I have had my 5.5" lift and 31's on my ford Ranger for quite a while, and it ran pretty well with my 3.27 gears. Just last week, though, i put in some 4.10's and Posi-Trac. Here's the problem-I can feel the extra torque and power coming from the rear end, but my acceleration has not changed very much at all. I was expecting my truck to go accelerat a lot faster, expecially since it is a manual transmission. My truck is a 3.0L V6..... any thoughts from anybody??? Maybe i should have gone with 4.56's???

DodgeMan006
10-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Im have no idea but my uncle did the same thing put 4.10s in his ranger v6 and concluded that it was a v6 and was harder to turn em. I have no idea tho

dirty_magic
10-10-2004, 05:47 PM
my mums van has 4.10's its a 3.0 V6 from an aerostar. the thing is slow as shit, but then again it has been neglected.

Kenny_boy
10-10-2004, 08:58 PM
My guess is that you will only get more torque and not acceleration, b/c yes it takes less power to turn your tires, but in order to get your tires to accelerate faster than before, you have to have your engine accelerate that much faster to make up for the gear ratio... you did say you noticed a bit of a difference, but not very much... this is what I think... if you want more acceleration, better look under your hood for getting more snap or horses coming out of that thing...