PDA

View Full Version : What is happening with glenmore..petro..husky..whole residential thing?

eblend
10-10-2004, 01:35 AM
What is going on on glenmore and elbow? someone probably posted this but didn't exactly know what to search for to find out the answer. what is happenign down there, all the houses are being moved behind the fence (can see thought the big hole in the fence once u pass elbow going west....anyone know?! the petro was very convenient for me! now its not there anymoer! whats up?

theken
10-10-2004, 01:43 AM
they are making a long over due overpass to clean up the busiest street in calgary

93PGT
10-10-2004, 01:44 AM
Thank God, that will speed things up so much more! :thumbsup: I got a really quick way to school now!

:D

theken
10-10-2004, 01:57 AM
quick way to school in like 2 years

eblend
10-10-2004, 10:07 AM
thanks. at first when i saw the first house move i thought someone was just moving their house...then all these businesses around there start closing down and stuff...and all these houses moving out got me concerned hehe

awsome....except its the way i take to go to work....gonna be hella slow for a while i bet once construction starts

Mckenzie
10-10-2004, 10:44 AM
Too bad that intersection is going to be a nightmare when they finally get it going. Its going to be the same with the new Douglasdale overpass.

Also, what are they going to do with 5th street by Chinnok?

Does anyone know?

eb0i
10-10-2004, 11:50 AM
you know i didn't find that section too bad. It was 5-10 minutes of wait time added to your route if you went that way in the mornings. Plus there was always an alternative route to go if things looked packed there, which was also took about 5 min.

GoChris
10-10-2004, 01:21 PM
i heard they were making an interchange at the 5th st one also.

they shouldnt have even put in the 5th street with access to glenmore west. access to 5th st off glenmore east only would have been fine and not slowed it down any. you can easily get off glenmore to mcleoad and hit the mal.