PDA

View Full Version : Polar car starter..help needed

don_xtc
10-10-2004, 06:35 PM
I just bought a 01 Subaru Impreza with a Polar remote car starter in it but I don't have a manual for it(I don't even know which model it is but the remote has 5 buttons on it). Anyways here is what I know

1 - I've figured out how to put the car in neutral (the car is a standard) apply the hand brake, press the stop button on the remote(lights flash 3 times), take the key out of the ignition(the car is still running after i take the key out) shut the door and press the lock button(the car stops running after that) and every thing is cool up to that point....

What I need to know is:
*what to do to get the car started again(with the remote of course)
*how to programme the starter remote(if I can be programmed to do other stuff or just to configure it)
*and where to look to find out what model I have.

If you have any info about this please please reply(even if you have the 2 button model anything would help)

thanks

Strugari
10-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Hi,
The number should be on the back of the unit under the dash.
Once you do the sequence above, you should be able to start the car with the start button. I believe it looks like a lighning bolt on the button. The other button would be for door locks, and trunk if they are hooked up.
Hope this helps.

Gonthro
10-11-2004, 07:49 AM
yeah, you probably have to hold the start button for 4-5 seconds before it engages.

don_xtc
10-11-2004, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the advice .... I'm going to go try that now... I'll let you know if it worked.

thanks

:burnout: :burnout:
:burnout: :burnout:

don_xtc
10-11-2004, 07:55 PM
Hmmm .... Still no go :banghead: but I found the phone number of a dealer that sells these things so I'll give them a call after turkey day.

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-12-2004, 09:18 AM
Also....when you press the start button watch your p.lights. Most units will flash a series of times to let the user know whats wrong. Maybe start by checking the hood pin safety switch. Does the car only shut off by pressing the lock button when you get out, or does it turn off automaticaly? Im thinking maybe your car is set in "turbo mode" meaning that it will run for a certain amount of time after you get out, then turn off by itself. By pressing the lock button you may be knocking it out of "ready mode". Another problem could be your doorpins, the unit may not be seeing that your doors are closed, thus as a safety feature it wont remote start. Anyway try watching the p.lights, I may be able to tell you exactly whats wrong by the number of flashes.

don_xtc
10-18-2004, 02:26 PM
I figured it out(finally). Polar Start is now called AutoStart. I went to Autostart.ca and got the manual for my unit and now I'm in business.

Thanks to everyone.

Case Closed

Paul@CustomAuto
10-20-2004, 08:36 PM
if you need anything programmed on it just swing by our shop and I can do it quick for you. you can do things like change the run time on your car etc.

don_xtc
10-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the offer paul-customauto, but unless your shop is in Toronto I don't think I'll be making that drive. However if you can post instructions on how to program it I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks