PDA

View Full Version : Skyline R34 In NW?

Dope Dealer
10-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Apparently someone imported an Nissan Skyline GTR R34 in the NW. I heard it was shipped in pieces and cost around 325k all said and done. Has anyone else heard anything about it? I dont know if its true or not, since you cant even insure the vehicle but it would be pretty cool.

Shaolin
10-10-2004, 07:43 PM
325 grand? either the customer's an idiot or he's got too much money to blow.. shit. How does the ride go through registration and insurance?

LudeRoca
10-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Damn i live in the nw. Hopefully its true. :burnout:

Dope Dealer
10-10-2004, 07:47 PM
Thats the thing it cant go thru registration and insurance... But I guess you could technically get one in Canada if you ship it in seperate parts.. That's probably why it was over 325k :P But like I said I dont know if its true or not just wondering if anyone else heard about it.

Skylinelover
10-10-2004, 07:50 PM
That would be sweet but why not go to the states buy a small house and a skyline insure it there and drive it here.

rage2
10-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Either this is a BS story you're hearing, or the guy that paid $325k is a REAL dumbass.

You can't register or insure it here, but you CAN bring it in for off road use. There's no need to take it apart and put it back together.

There's also loopholes that allows someone to bring a R34 (any car basically) here and register/insure it for road use up to 3 years. It's not cheap, and you need to know the right people, but it's possible. And it's a lot cheaper than 325k.

Dope Dealer
10-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Yeah thats what I was thinking. I am going to try and see who the guy is that imported it from my sisters boyfriend... One of his friends is the one that helped get it here or something. I'll ask him when I see him.

Liquidinc
10-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by LudeRoca
Damn i live in the nw. Hopefully its true. :burnout:

same...but i doubt it?

mx73someday
10-10-2004, 09:14 PM
Who says you can't insure it? You don't need an official importation to get insurance on a car. And I figure there are ways to get the car registered without official importation papers as well.

325k is stupid if the car was chopped. Some people have no imagination, you could get 10 amazing R32 GT-R's for the same price.

JAYMEZ
10-10-2004, 09:46 PM
lol 325k is kinda a bs number , unless he shipped it through UPS :D

knees scrapin'
10-10-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Either this is a BS story you're hearing, or the guy that paid $325k is a REAL dumbass.

I call bullshit. Someone is talking out there ass.

crx62
10-10-2004, 09:56 PM
shit i also live in the n.w. (hawkwood)

i hope i can see it

crazydriver
10-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
lol 325k is kinda a bs number , unless he shipped it through UPS :D

lol, yea that explains it, with UPS he'd probably had to ship everything twice to ensure they arrived in one piece

mazda_maniac
10-10-2004, 10:00 PM
Wow retarded if he paid 325k, you can import them just can't legally register and drive them on the streets. Drag track anyone? That's where you'de run it.

crazydave
10-10-2004, 10:15 PM
:bullshit: icall b.s cuz arent they worth like 90k new or somethin?

Dope Dealer
10-10-2004, 11:05 PM
I think they are like 80 or 90k from that US company... (motorex or whatever they are called).

Dope Dealer
10-10-2004, 11:14 PM
But anyways, even if the price is a bit exaggerated (im sure it is), just keep your eyes out ;)

ZorroAMG
10-10-2004, 11:29 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Assuming it was even true, that person is a damn fool and should be terminated.

Jason Lange
10-11-2004, 12:18 AM
Even if he spent half that he is dumb.

habsfan
10-11-2004, 12:34 AM
imagine the house the dumbass could have bought..........:bigpimp:

JAYMEZ
10-11-2004, 01:35 AM
lol , i call bullshit , let me guess the guy who bought it was 16? :rofl:

mx73someday
10-11-2004, 02:05 AM
You want a cheap R34:

1. Buy one from Japan for under $50000.
2. Import it for offroad use.
3. License a business.
4. Get dealer insurance/dealer plate.
5. Drive R34 on dealer plate.

buh_buh
10-11-2004, 02:07 AM
they cost WAY under $50k even.
You can get a R34 in Hong Kong for around $20k Canadian.

1-Bar
10-11-2004, 04:26 AM
maybe it was a S14 with an Impala tailight conversion :dunno:

HellfireR6
10-11-2004, 06:47 AM
lol.... cant u buy a skyline R34 from the states, get the guy to drive into Calgary then sign over the bill of sale, re-vin the car as a R32 legitly, take an out of province inspection then insure it? just wondring if it'll work cuz never tried, but on any vehicle u own, i kno u can change the vin # info to anyting u want, like when rebuilding a car with 3 other car, 3 different vin but all registerd under 1 vin...... so why not 4 a R34??

jaylo
10-11-2004, 09:23 AM
I heard if you have dual citizenship (canada and US) you can bring a car here, you just need an insurance company to insure it to whereever you are in canada.

statick
10-11-2004, 10:24 AM
thatd be sweet if it happend, but im pretty sure its:bullshit:

rage2
10-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday
You want a cheap R34:

1. Buy one from Japan for under $50000.
2. Import it for offroad use.
3. License a business.
4. Get dealer insurance/dealer plate.
5. Drive R34 on dealer plate.
Your dealer plates/insurance does not allow you to use them on off road or competition vehicles.

Originally posted by HellfireR6
lol.... cant u buy a skyline R34 from the states, get the guy to drive into Calgary then sign over the bill of sale, re-vin the car as a R32 legitly, take an out of province inspection then insure it? just wondring if it'll work cuz never tried, but on any vehicle u own, i kno u can change the vin # info to anyting u want, like when rebuilding a car with 3 other car, 3 different vin but all registerd under 1 vin...... so why not 4 a R34??
When you drive over the border, and you're importing it, your existing bill of sale, vin everything points to not 1989. And VIN swapping is illegal. Sure it can be done, but if you get caught at the border, let's just say it sucks. Criminal record for a car. Right :nut:.

Originally posted by jaylo
I heard if you have dual citizenship (canada and US) you can bring a car here, you just need an insurance company to insure it to whereever you are in canada.
You heard wrong.

If you are a US citizen and insure your vehicle in the states, your vehicle can only be out of state for 90 days within one year before your policy becomes null and void. If you are a Canadian citizen and have a canadian car, oddly enough, you can have it in the states for 6 months at a time. There's a nice loophole hint for you americans who want a R32 cheap without going through Motorex.

mx73someday
10-11-2004, 01:44 PM

Your dealer plates/insurance does not allow you to use them on off road or competition vehicles.

I agree, the dealer plate was never meant for this, but I see it as a grey area. What are the cops going to say if you had a dealer plate on a stock R34 GT-R, it doesn't look like an offroad only vehicle. I don't think they would be educated enough to determine that it wasn't legal for road use.

Step 6 should be don't get in trouble with the police and don't let your insurance/AMVIC find out you're driving an offroad only vehicle. It's grey, but it seems feasible as long as you don't attract attention. It still beats paying $325,000 :)

HellfireR6
10-11-2004, 02:25 PM

When you drive over the border, and you're importing it, your existing bill of sale, vin everything points to not 1989. And VIN swapping is illegal. Sure it can be done, but if you get caught at the border, let's just say it sucks. Criminal record for a car. Right :nut:.

Vin swapping is not illegal if its by the book.. if u use another car frame, and swap parts from another car u can switch the Vin, only the police service can do that for you, they have the star rivets that can do that and they will need the bill of sale to prove u own the car and a list of parts and vin # u put into the car so they can certify it so that u dont have stolen parts in ur car!! (been tried and proven) all im saying is a insured american R34 Skyline can be driven into Canada (via vacation), and why not be sold and the bill of sale transfered? then u own the car, change vin to an R32, by putting a part in there thats from a 89, get an out of town inspection to make sure the car is road worthy, register than insure under the 89 R32, u can rename the car legitly....... dunno until u try:thumbsup:

rage2
10-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by HellfireR6
Vin swapping is not illegal if its by the book.. if u use another car frame, and swap parts from another car u can switch the Vin, only the police service can do that for you, they have the star rivets that can do that and they will need the bill of sale to prove u own the car and a list of parts and vin # u put into the car so they can certify it so that u dont have stolen parts in ur car!! (been tried and proven) all im saying is a insured american R34 Skyline can be driven into Canada (via vacation), and why not be sold and the bill of sale transfered? then u own the car, change vin to an R32, by putting a part in there thats from a 89, get an out of town inspection to make sure the car is road worthy, register than insure under the 89 R32, u can rename the car legitly....... dunno until u try:thumbsup:
Again, this is not possible. There's only a few ways to legally get a new VIN.

1. Import a car that doesn't have a VIN. Skylines don't have VIN's, they have serial #'s. In some parts of Canada, you get a VIN assigned to the imported vehicle.

2. If the car is involved in some criminal activity (murder, drugs, etc) and was seized by the cops, the VIN is "dead". When they sell the car at auctions, the cops assign a new VIN to that vehicle.

3. If you swap all the stuff into an 89 R32, uhh, you'd get an R32 with a R32 serial number. You can import that, but it's not a R34 anymore.

4. If you just swap the serial # from an R32 onto your R34 without changing the chassis itself, you're breaking the law.

5. There's easier ways to break the law or use one of the few loopholes to get an R34 here without changing serial #'s.

Don't believe me? Someone give me $50k and I'll have an R34 here with alberta plates registered and insured with it's original year, make, model ;).

NiteRider
10-11-2004, 04:41 PM

Don't believe me? Someone give me $50k and I'll have an R34 here with alberta plates registered and insured with it's original year, make, model ;).
sounds almost like a challenge rage

shadow
10-11-2004, 10:48 PM
I am with rage.... it is easy to get the car over here... but if you get caught for doing something illegal.... thats some decent jail time... personally I would not go to jail for the ability to have a r-34 and rip it around for a couple of monthes.

You can import it as a race car but it was my understanding that there is a time limit it can be in the country.. you can also import it as a show car but you will not be able to drive it..