PDA

View Full Version : can you put a 8" sub, and 2 12" subs in the same box?

canadian_hustla
10-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Alright, I got a quick question here,

Trying to make a custom box for my car to hold 2 12's. I know that 12's have deeper base, so should I leave some room to put an 8" rockford HE in it as well? Or would the 12's drown it out? I am figuring the more subs you have, the better the sound will be? and by leaving an 8" sub there I would get more of the shallow bass as well...

any thoughts, suggestions?

cheers
thanks

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-12-2004, 10:02 AM
In many cases the more subs isnt always better. If your going for sound quality, a set of components with the two 12s and a good set of rears should be pretty sufficiant.

bol
10-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Two 12's is pretty overkill...

I run a single 10" and have more than enough bass. I often have to turn it down.

It all depends if you're looking for sound quality or volume. A single high quality 10" or 12" sub will destroy any cheap sub - no matter how many of them.

I have an Eclipse 10" and have been very happy with it. Prior to that I had a 12" Adire Brahma... which rocked the world. It's a big sub and needs big power.

EDIT: And to answer your question to putting them in the same box... no. Don't mix drivers.

meh485
10-12-2004, 06:04 PM
why did you get rid of the brahma? im kind of interested in getting one

bol
10-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by meh485
why did you get rid of the brahma? im kind of interested in getting one

The amp I had powering it died... and the company that made the amp went out of business. I didn't have the cash at the time to buy another amp that could push the power the brahma needed. It was a GIANT sub as well. Weighed a good 50lbs!

I'm thinking about getting a 10" brahma again though... we'll see.

An awesome sub if you have the power to drive it. You don't need tons of power as long as you build a large enough enclosure though.

canadian_hustla
10-13-2004, 01:53 AM
alright cool, thanks for the advice

tryin to build somethin custom in my ride

peace!