PDA

View Full Version : Look at me, I'm an idiot!

MenteL
10-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Anyways, decided to run my sisters lumina through it's paces on Jon Laurie BLVD. What I didn't know is that there was a cop parked in the shadows past the 14th st bridge laughing at me as his radar gun clocks me going 127km/h, in a posted 70km/h zone.

There is no value on this ticket, it's just too good for that, instead, I have a mandatory court apperance. I CANNOT suffer a suspension on my liscense, OR demerits. Work depends on it (yeah, i'm a friggin tool!)

So, what can I do?

JordanLotoski
10-12-2004, 09:39 PM
JAYMEZ
10-12-2004, 09:40 PM
MenteL
10-12-2004, 09:43 PM
What am I looking at money wise. I'm pretty broke, and cannot afford 1000 dollars to have this ticket *fixed*

Ben
10-12-2004, 09:45 PM
I Guarantee you will get demerits on this charge unless for some crazy fluke of god there is a vital error on the ticket, or the cop admits incompetance.

Hiring Pointts would likely leave you with somewhere around a 350-400 dollar fine and 3-4 demerits, maybe even 6 depending on the judge.

Unaided, as it sits if you were to just go to court and hear what the judge has to say, you're looking at a roughly 30 day suspension, 6 demerits and around a 500 dollar fine.

Pointts will likely charge a fee of around 3-400 dollars to represent you on this case.

MenteL
10-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Fuck, I'm such a complete idiot. Fines, sure, give me fines, but do NOT take my liscense :( I can't have that happen, otherwise I lose my job. Slap me for not thinking straight when I decided to boost the car around that corner like a nascar driver

2002civic
10-12-2004, 11:11 PM
my sis used points and go tout of a 120 in a 60 completly free, cost 325 too and she was facing up to 2000 bucks and a 6 month suspension, lucky bitch haha

MenteL
10-12-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic
my sis used points and go tout of a 120 in a 60 completly free, cost 325 too and she was facing up to 2000 bucks and a 6 month suspension, lucky bitch haha is she cute? i bet that contributed

kenny
10-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Dont goto pointts. Take it down to the CP and plead your case and tell him what you posted here about how you cannot lose your license because you will lose your job.

You'll have a fine, and I bet they would lt you keep your license.

MenteL
10-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Dont goto pointts. Take it down to the CP and plead your case and tell him what you posted here about how you cannot lose your license because you will lose your job.

You'll have a fine, and I bet they would lt you keep your license. Think so? I was only speeding for a few blocks , but besides the point, I was still speeding. I just got the ticket tonight, can I go down there at an earlier convenience and plead my case?

MenteL
10-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
go to the JP and say your pedal got caught under the floormat..it wasnt your car you thought u were gonna die..scared and by the time u got it fixxed there was a cop behind you lol, next thing you know they tell me they read this thread :nut:

JordanLotoski
10-12-2004, 11:53 PM
never man...id say that wat u got to lose?
delete yours now hahaha they cant say shit haha

Strider
10-13-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by MenteL
Slap me for not thinking straight when I decided to boost the car around that corner like a nascar driver

There's corners in nascar?!?:eek:

Xtrema
10-13-2004, 06:54 AM
Think so? I was only speeding for a few blocks , but besides the point, I was still speeding. I just got the ticket tonight, can I go down there at an earlier convenience and plead my case?

Ticket won't make it down to their office for 10 business day, no point in going in early.

So how much is the ticket?

And yes sir, you're an idiot. Should've known where cops are when you drive for a living.

sputnik
10-13-2004, 07:11 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/images/top_search.gif

AcuraTl
10-13-2004, 08:09 AM
LOLS

my friend got caught going 124'ish in a 70 also, i think on country hills? I believe he got away w/o losing pointz....

Ben
10-13-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

So how much is the ticket?

There is no value on this ticket, it's just too good for that, instead, I have a mandatory court apperance.

All "Pink" court summons tickets are without a fine. THe Judge assigns the fine on the court date.

TrevorK
10-13-2004, 10:28 AM
You should have your license suspended.

Totally irresponsible driving on your part.

Xtrema
10-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Ben

All "Pink" court summons tickets are without a fine. THe Judge assigns the fine on the court date.

Ah, I see.

QuasarCav
10-13-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by TrevorK

I agree, at least this guy acknowledges the fact he did something really stupid. Most of the time it's some teen who was racing a cavalier at 130 in a playground zone and he bitches about the fucking pigs targetting civics.

GTS Jeff
10-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by AcuraTl
LOLS

my friend got caught going 124'ish in a 70 also, i think on country hills? I believe he got away w/o losing pointz.... thankz yos

MenteL
10-13-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

I agree, at least this guy acknowledges the fact he did something really stupid. Most of the time it's some teen who was racing a cavalier at 130 in a playground zone and he bitches about the fucking pigs targetting civics. I never speed....and if I do its no more than 5-10km/h over the posted, however, it wasn't my car, and it had some get up and go to it, so I wanted to see what it had while I drove under the tunnel. WHOOPS. At least the officer was extremely nice and helpful. Said hes going to point out, if it goes to trial, that i slowed down after a couple blocks and will help me not loose my liscense.

GSX-Racing
10-13-2004, 01:30 PM
So when you borrow cars you drive the bag off them? lol

Anyway, I would suggest something other than just going down there.

Besides, did you just pay a ticket in August? I saw you at court the day I was there.

Good luck getting off this one scott-free!

Zero102
10-13-2004, 02:18 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Whether it's for a few blocks, or all the time, speeding is dumb. They put speed limits up for a reason. Lucky you didn't kill somebody.
It can still happen, even if it's for a few blocks.

MenteL
10-13-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by GSX-Racing
So when you borrow cars you drive the bag off them? lol

Anyway, I would suggest something other than just going down there.

Besides, did you just pay a ticket in August? I saw you at court the day I was there.

Good luck getting off this one scott-free! Actually I was pleading not guilty to charges in august - is this DoC?

I don't think I remember seeing any cgp'ers there.

But yes, I don't expect to get off scott free, but I don't want to have anything happen to my liscense. I don't usually bag on others vehicles, but it's got a nice torquey 3.1L v6 with balls, compared to the ugly beast that cant even do 100km/h sitting in my rangers engine bay...hehe.

MenteL
10-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Zero102

Whether it's for a few blocks, or all the time, speeding is dumb. They put speed limits up for a reason. Lucky you didn't kill somebody.
It can still happen, even if it's for a few blocks. :nut: Spare me the lectures. I've heard them all, and you cannot honestly tell me you haven't 'bagged' or opened a car up at all, inthe slightest, on any road in this country.

Nobody is perfect, including you.

iceburns288
10-13-2004, 06:46 PM

It can still happen, even if it's for a few blocks.

Yeh all this 'I completely agree that you are a complete tool and very irresponsible for what you did. You should be sent to jail for speeding...'

You belong to a car forum... No car enthusiast drives perfectly and obeys all laws...:rolleyes:

MenteL
10-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288

Yeh all this 'I completely agree that you are a complete tool and very irresponsible for what you did. You should be sent to jail for speeding...'

You belong to a car forum... No car enthusiast drives perfectly and obeys all laws...:rolleyes: but dude, they are perfect. they never break any laws, and drive 10 under the limit. dont you know? :rolleyes:

TrevorK
10-14-2004, 10:56 AM
But yes, I don't expect to get off scott free, but I don't want to have anything happen to my liscense. I don't usually bag on others vehicles, but it's got a nice torquey 3.1L v6 with balls, compared to the ugly beast that cant even do 100km/h sitting in my rangers engine bay...hehe.

The sad part is, what would have happened if you had a real car with power in your hands that time? 140km/h? 160km/h? 180km/h?

rage2
10-14-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by kenny

You'll have a fine, and I bet they would lt you keep your license.
That usually doesn't work for Manditory Court Appearances (the pink tickets). You only get away with less demerits/points with the not so serious yellow tickets. Pink tickets without hiring legal help *usually* results in 30 day suspension.

My wife got clocked doing 120 in a 50 zone, after pointts and fines, it worked out to around $900, and 3 demerits.

Also, you have to take the pink tickets a little more serious. Back in the day when I had one, and I couldn't afford to pay it, the next time I got pulled over I got cuffed and sent downtown. Had to call someone to come up with $600 to get me out.

You gotta pay to play, unfortunately.

buh_buh
10-14-2004, 11:40 AM
I would pay. Better safe than sorry.
I got a pink ticket once for going 148 in a 70 zone and I got a 6 month suspension.

$900 is a small price to pay to keep your license, especially if you really need it. And plus, chances are Pointts will lower your dermits as well so it won't affect your insurance as much.

rage2
10-14-2004, 11:41 AM
They put speed limits up for a reason.
Yea, so they can ticket people and make money. It's a road tax that's disguised as safety.

I can go on and on regarding unreasonable speed limits. We'll have to split the thread for that one!

MenteL
10-14-2004, 11:51 AM
i CANNOT suffer a suspension.........so......looks like im paying out my ass for keeping my liscense eh. however, i did not double the speed limit, would that be some sort of saving grace?

Akagi Redsuns
10-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Would have been better if you didn't exceed the speedlimit by 50km/hr, don't think doubling means anything.

buh_buh
10-14-2004, 12:17 PM
yeap thats right.
I asked the crown about that too.
They said double the speed limit has nothing to do with it, its just a myth that someone made up. Anything thats 50 over is a pink ticket.

Ben
10-14-2004, 12:33 PM
Exceeding the speedlimit by more than 50km'h is the biggest kick in the junk.

QuasarCav
10-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Exceeding the speedlimit by more than 50km'h is the biggest kick in the junk.

AKA the sober DUI.

Aleks
10-14-2004, 12:44 PM
So what would happen to one's insurance premium if their licence was suspended for 30 days? :eek:

Ben
10-14-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
So what would happen to one's insurance premium if their licence was suspended for 30 days? :eek:

It's almost as bad as an at fault accident.

MenteL
10-14-2004, 01:41 PM
i hope i just get a fine

Z_Fan
10-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Here's a couple of tips.

Sorry on your misfortune. I can't really say it's bad luck, because it's more to do with stupidity than bad luck...sorry to point out the obvious. Your ticket, in case you haven't figured it out yet, is very severe. You're going to get points taken, a fine, etc. Basically

There is only ONE charge more severe than what you have been charged with. And a few that are of the same level.

You're looking at 6 demerits. Other 6 demerit offences are careless driving, failing to stop for a school bus, and racing. The only one more severe is failing to remain at the scene of an accident which is 7 demerits.

So...

Hire a lawyer! (And hope for the best, and good luck)

I hope you get a small fine, a few points, a few bucks of premium increases, and a 30 day suspension. If it were your own car, I'd be happy to see the suspension part removed. But when it's not even your car, uhm, now you're really pressing all the stupid buttons aren't you?

What I really hope you get!!! Beyond all the insignificant stuff listed above...is common sense to not do this again in a vehicle that isn't even yours.

As for driving fast...

Get to a track where you can drive fast and not get a ticket.

Or...

If you want to go fast, get out of the city. Find a nice straight road. Drive out on this straight road for 3-5 KM. Ensure there are no cops. Turn around, peg it...and hope for the best, but at least you did some scouting before being a moron.

If you just drive 120+ in a 70 zone, with out knowing what is ahead, you're just being ... well, stupid. Oh, and uhm, 127km/H isn't starting to get 'fast'. As some one pointed out, Nascar has like 2 tracks with real corners. And, uhm, a Nascar only does 127km/h when it's just finished heavy braking, is having an accident or is stopping in the pits. They don't bother driving that slow very often...

As for Rages idea about fucked speed limits...yeah, don't get me going on that one...

Today up near 130th Ave. S.E. by the City Dump there is construction. It's down to 30km/h which no one obeys. A cop was shooting laser radar there and I'm sure he issued a whack of tickets for failing to stop at a stop sign as well as 50 over tickets. No one obeys the speed limit these days. It's common to see morons do 80km/H in a 30km/H zone when no one cares about the signs posted...

I don't feel sorry for anyone who gets those tickets. Again, it's not bad luck, it's dumb luck for the dumb fuck. But I do hate the idiotic speed limits they often post for 'temporary' work. But you still need to obey them. (Or at least try!)

Try driving down Deerfoot at 80km/H (in the posted 70) and see if you become a mobile road block. You got assfuckers driving 120km/H just as per usual and wondering why some dinglefuck is driving 80km/H? God help you if you drive the posted speed limit in the 'fast lane'.

QuasarCav
10-14-2004, 03:28 PM
^^^^^^

I try to slow down in construction zones because I got busted with a 45km/hr over in one. If i'm going 75 (in a posted 70) I will get all kinds of maniacs on my ass.

Please Bronconnier, make deerfoot 130km/hr.