PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Subaru 2.5rs

chris
10-12-2004, 10:24 PM
I have seen a couple of kits for the 2.5rs such as this one http://www.turbo-kits.com/impreza_turbo_kits.html, has anybody turbo their 2.5rs? how was the reliability? Were any other modifications needed?

kevdogg
10-31-2004, 10:10 AM
you can use all factory parts if you want

tulit
10-31-2004, 10:15 AM
Its a huge investment in time and money.

I was turbod for about a month before I took it back off.

Not only do you need the turbo kit, but you are going to need to buy a new clutch, new exhaust, engine management. And eventually a beefed up tranny and lower compression pistons.

If you don't have $10k to do it and want reliability, don't bother starting....

Superesc
10-31-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by tulit
Its a huge investment in time and money.

I was turbod for about a month before I took it back off.

Not only do you need the turbo kit, but you are going to need to buy a new clutch, new exhaust, engine management. And eventually a beefed up tranny and lower compression pistons.

If you don't have $10k to do it and want reliability, don't bother starting....

yup... I heard the cost can go up to 20k...

awd
10-31-2004, 10:44 AM
Unless you have money to burn it is not worth the time and money. In the end you will spend 10-15K and have an unreliable science project.

benyl
10-31-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Superesc

yup... I heard the cost can go up to 20k...

There are those that have spent more! Make sure you tune it properly, or you could be replacing your block... more than once... haha

Fuji
10-31-2004, 06:34 PM
ej25 block is weak. You willl need 15k Cash to do it right and there is still no guarantee. There are always problems its unreliable and wil never be like stock. You will always be working on it and throwing money at it

Fuji
10-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by benyl

There are those that have spent more! Make sure you tune it properly, or you could be replacing your block... more than once... haha

vorretct. Do ppl who have UTECs that work without any tuning already shouldn't go looking to make their life harder with a different EMS:nut:

benyl
10-31-2004, 10:03 PM
Just do it right the first time.

Buy a Factory Turbo car and then spend money making it faster.

I am sure that you can pick up a first year WRX for less than what it would cost to turbo your rs properly.

Once you turbo it, plan on buying a new transmission.

Canadian 2.5RS
10-31-2004, 10:11 PM
if anything find a donor car with a factory turbo, tranny, ecu, etc... and swap the whole thing in. That is pretty much your only option for a reliable RS-T.

kevdogg
11-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Check out "Sport Compact Car" Magazine's project impreza2.5rs they got better than STI hp as well as tq and put 30'000 "hard" miles on it. The only problem they ran into was striped gears in the tranny. I'm not much of a sabaru guy and havent worked on many but i have turbocharged 3 cars that were never ment to have a turbo and im sure you could boost your 2.5 for cheep and be realible. a full swap would be easier but putting together your own turbo kit will alot cheeper

2000impreza
11-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by kevdogg
Check out "Sport Compact Car" Magazine's project impreza2.5rs they got better than STI hp as well as tq and put 30'000 "hard" miles on it. The only problem they ran into was striped gears in the tranny. I'm not much of a sabaru guy and havent worked on many but i have turbocharged 3 cars that were never ment to have a turbo and im sure you could boost your 2.5 for cheep and be realible. a full swap would be easier but putting together your own turbo kit will alot cheeper

its funny how the Sport Compact Car magazine project 2.5RS is still talked about. considering its a import tuner magazine, i don't think anyone here has the resources as they do. imo their project car is not comparable to the sti in terms of reliability. like others have siad, its a science experiment. iirc the SCC project RS ran on race gas all the time to put those high power numbers down. how many of us can afford race gas for every tank? not to mention having a tuner like vishnu to do all the tweaking on the car.

as for being cheap and reliable... :rofl: fuji and i have went that route as well as others.. i will say that is not true.

benyl
11-03-2004, 09:04 AM
Haha, yeah the cheapest and most reliable way to turbo a 2.5 is to buy a Forester.

kevdogg
11-03-2004, 05:13 PM
First off does it really mater what mag it was in? I was just giving an example. If you know what your doing its not hard to make your own turbo kit and run 6-8psi on a stock bottom end on almost any car(no science experiment needed). you might not make as much hp as an sti but you will get a significant improvement over stock

tulit
11-03-2004, 09:27 PM
^^^^

What about Adams 99 RS?? He ran it daily on 12PSI and only had a S-AFC. Even when they tried to, they had a hard time blowing that motor up ;)

Canadian 2.5RS
11-03-2004, 09:27 PM
First off does it really mater what mag it was in? I was just giving an example. If you know what your doing its not hard to make your own turbo kit and run 6-8psi on a stock bottom end on almost any car(no science experiment needed). you might not make as much hp as an sti but you will get a significant improvement over stock

nobody is saying it cant be done. Ive seen many RS-Ts but the common thing about all of them is that they will blow up sooner or later. Its just a matter of time. Sure there are guys running 30,000+ kms on a turbo setup, but those guys have spent alot of money and are running 5 or 6 psi at most on a stock block. Good luck getting 8 psi. People blow up RSs all the time on 5+ psi. What makes you think that you will be the one guy that can do it? all we are saying is that it will cost you a buttload of money and you will never get the reliability of a factory turbo.

Spend some time on www.rs25.com or www.nasioc.com in the aftermarket forced induction forum and you will see what the rest of us already know.

2000impreza
11-04-2004, 11:04 AM

yes it does matter, fact is the project car you used for example was owned by a import tuner magazine. not to mention their budget for this particular project car seemed unlimited. i mean.. they destroyed what... 5 gear boxes...

i would like to see a cost break down of a "Cheap" and "Reliable" turbo kit for the 2.5RS.

Fuji
11-04-2004, 11:08 AM

Anyone claiming to be able to turbo a car for cheap, especially a subaru is ignorant. Plain and simple. Until you do it first hand and let me take it out for 10 minutes then I will believe you.

kevdogg
11-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Most of you dont know much about turbocharging an engine. Detonation is word you are looking for when you say "blow up". Detonation can be caused be many things mostly an insufficiant fuel system. you can elliminate detonation and there is no reason why your engine cant withstands higher than normal cylinder pressure. Do your homework before you do anything (including posting replys)

Fuji
11-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Ya you are ignorant

I don't know anything about turboing a car. Either does 2000impreza.

Blow up means blow up. It's not hard to figure out the difference between a blown engine and detonation

You obviously don't know what realiability means either seeing as that was part of the discussion

I wish I had your in depth knowledege and wisdom, but apparentlyl you are the god of turbo, tuning and subarus.

just because you got your car working by fluke and make a measly 3 psi on your stock engine with ghetto mods, doesn't mean you know anything.

come back and talk to me when you have a 2.5RS that can boost more than 3psi and last for more than one lap

Don't bother posting about a topic you obviously have no idea about.:drama: :cry:

tulit
11-04-2004, 07:45 PM
kevdogg, have you ever turbo'd a EJ25? Sure the basics are the same from car to car, but the details are what will kill you. I gave up because I kept frying O2 sensors. And no its not "det" that we mean by always blowing up. Ive seen people "blow up" EJ25 by bending con rods, spinning bearings, blowing head gaskets, etc.

boi-alien
11-04-2004, 08:14 PM
kevdogg..... most of the guys that have posted on here HAVE turbo'd 2.5RSes. I'd think twice before calling them idiots because now you're the one that looks like an idiot. They've all posted pertinent information and posted their personal insight on turboing the 2.5RS motor. On the other hand all you've said is that it's easy to build a turbo kit that will run 8psi no problems. Have you built one for the 2.5RS? And you go and pull out a magazine, dude... magazine companies have nearly infinite budget, with an infinite budget you can do anything you want.

Chim
11-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Yeah its been discussed on this forum before, I was a bit ignorant at first but then I learned hehe.

Like mentioned above, swapping is a more reliable route. But there's something I'm wondering about swapping an EJ20T.

A while ago I talked to someone over nasioc at iON Performance. This is what he said:

If you were to go with the stock WRX ECU; it will require the bulkhead harness (which is extra). To rewire this dash wiring loom and having it integrated with the stock loom alone takes ~25hrs of wiring. This is not including the time it takes to remove the stock wiring harness from your car.

If you go the aftermarket ECU route; you would run it in parallel with your stock ECU. Where you directly wire the engine sensors, injectors, ignition,and fuel pump directly to the aftermarket ECU. (Link Plus would work well for this).

The physical swap portion takes~ 12-15hrs or so. (this is to swap x-member, swaybar, flywheel, A/C components etc, motor).

Has anybody here tried this aftermarket ECU route? And is it basically the same in function and reliability as doing the harness swapping?

Fuji
11-04-2004, 09:48 PM
standalone ECu costs about 3600 all said and done.

It will take you about 2-3weeks to get the car limping around the streets safely then tuning is forever. Calgary weather is no good for it and aftermarket ecus can't cope as well with it as a stock ecu can. In the end its a never ending battle.

BTW aftermarket ECU will work nothing like the stock ECU. Stock rocks!

Fuji
11-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Like I said. The most realiable route is the USDM WRX swap. It also carries with it huge aftermarket support if you so choose to go that route. It seems like a lot at first, but in the end its the est way

Chim
11-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Fuji
Like I said. The most realiable route is the USDM WRX swap. It also carries with it huge aftermarket support if you so choose to go that route. It seems like a lot at first, but in the end its the est way

Yeah you stress that a lot :D

Guess there is no way around the wiring harness work, sounds like a lot of labor $$$. Whats your best quote on a USDM WRX swap, all said and done, and running as good as OEM?

Fuji
11-05-2004, 10:01 AM
Call Lachute last time I called they had a USDM full WRX with x mebers the whole deal for 8000CDN. Labor will be dependant on who you use, but I think 12-14G's shoud suffice

It is OEM :) just not for your car lol

CRXguy
11-05-2004, 10:03 AM
someone should just buy my car and call it a day! :rofl:

kevdogg
11-05-2004, 10:20 AM
Why are you throwing rods spinning bearings "blowing up" your EJ25, if you dont know maybe you should just swap it. I apolagize if you have taken offence, but when it comes down to it if you dont know what you're doing dont do it. i was under the impression some of you might have the knowledge and experience to try such a thing. I wont be posting anymore replys this is obviously getting nowhere

benyl
11-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Just go to nasioc.com and you will get the same response.

And all they talk about there is imprezas

kevdogg
11-05-2004, 10:24 AM
I don't know anything about turboing a car. Either does 2000impreza.

Fuji
11-05-2004, 10:53 AM
^^ Ya I don't know anything... :(

Why are you throwing rods spinning bearings "blowing up" your EJ25, if you dont know maybe you should just swap it. I apolagize if you have taken offence, but when it comes down to it if you dont know what you're doing dont do it. i was under the impression some of you might have the knowledge and experience to try such a thing. I wont be posting anymore replys this is obviously getting nowhere

hmmm maybe cuz the ej25 cannot handle it? Obviously youare once again too narrow minded to realize that not every car is the same. Different cars require different tuning.

what are we goign to do with out your insightful knowledge if you don't post:cry:

tulit
11-05-2004, 11:04 AM
I don't know anything about turboing a car. Either does 2000impreza

Case and point. You are obviously not that bright and can't even pick up on the sarcasm.

Maybe you turbo'd your $500 car for cheap. Thats good for you. You got lucky. Whos to say it wont blow up tommorow?

Sure you can turbo a RS for cheap, no one is denying that. But why would you ghetto it? You're going to end up with an incredibly unreliable (as proven by the numerous of people who have taken this route) $30,000 car. Its not that we dont know how to tune them, no jack shit about turboing, blah blah blah. Its that to do it right takes a lot more than slapping some pipes under the hood. You have never turbod these engines, therefore have 0 (ZERO) experience with the issues surrounding them. Hence, all of our $10,000-$15,000+ budget suggestions TO DO IT RIGHT.

Detonation can be caused be many things mostly an insufficiant fuel system
There you even said it. Building a SUFFICIENT fuel system for the EJ25 costs big $$$$$$$$ and TIME.

M3STIMini
11-05-2004, 11:13 AM
As far as I know there is only one guy that knows how to turbo an RS in Calgary.

And he isn't in this post.

tulit
11-05-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by M3STIMini
As far as I know there is only one guy that knows how to turbo an RS in Calgary.

Whos this guy?

Fuji
11-05-2004, 11:20 AM

Ya who is that? and where did you come from?

There are only 3 TC RSs here, tulit is retired for now lol. the other 2 have posted already

Interesting that you just made up this account all fo a sudden

HOK
11-05-2004, 11:32 AM

ASS hahaha

M3STIMini
11-05-2004, 11:34 AM

Ya who is that? and where did you come from?

There are only 3 TC RSs here, tulit is retired for now lol. the other 2 have posted already

Interesting that you just made up this account all fo a sudden

I guess your time perceptions are a little screwy. last I checked December of 2003 is almost a year ago.:drama:

tulit
11-05-2004, 11:41 AM
Wheres the answer to the question? I want to know who this guy is please.

M3STIMini
11-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by HOK

ASS hahaha

whatever

HOK
11-05-2004, 11:52 AM

whatever

Idiot the guy is from Colorado.

Superesc
11-05-2004, 12:00 PM

whatever

Why don't you post some useful info instead of one word replies.

benyl
11-05-2004, 12:25 PM
:werd:

haha

Let the thread die...

Fuji
11-05-2004, 12:36 PM

I guess your time perceptions are a little screwy. last I checked December of 2003 is almost a year ago.:drama:

Too bad its been a year and you have posted 38 times and still a noob:drama:

lol whats the point in arguing about this anyways

M3STIMini
11-05-2004, 02:17 PM
You subaru guys get worked up way too easily.

HOK
11-05-2004, 02:20 PM
Its just because your sick of being beat by one. hehehe :nut:

Fuji
11-05-2004, 02:54 PM
It's because everyone thinks they can tune and simply turbo a subaru for cheap and call it a day. I jsut don't want to see some guy who can't afford it start and not be able to finish it becasue some uninformed "know it all" said otherwise

2000impreza
11-05-2004, 09:22 PM
Most of you dont know much about turbocharging an engine. Detonation is word you are looking for when you say "blow up". Detonation can be caused be many things mostly an insufficiant fuel system. you can elliminate detonation and there is no reason why your engine cant withstands higher than normal cylinder pressure. Do your homework before you do anything (including posting replys)

most of us have done our homework. sufficient fuel deliverly and ignition control plus a good tune is a must for reliable turbo setup... which is costly. i have no idea where this fits in with "cheap" as you originally stated.

no offence, your posts lack any useful infomation related to this topic. instead of posting what we have known for years you should do a little more research before hand.

please identify him to us because i would like to know the "correct" way... since according to you we have all been doing it the worng way for years.

kevdogg
11-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Ok, you were right, i cant get close to making my own kit for the price of a swap. (EJ20t $650, EJ20tt $950) i had no idea you meant under $1000 for a turbo kit. Why would anyone even consider boosting a EJ25 non turbo?. Maybe if you get a job it might change your definition of cheap. www.nippon-motors.com

Fuji
11-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Ok, you were right i cant get close to making my own kit for the price of a swap. (EJ20t $650, EJ20tt $950) i had no idea you ment under $1000 for a kit. why would anyone even consider boosting a EJ25 non turbo. Maybe getting a job would change your definition of cheap. www.nippon-motors.com

I thought you were't posting here? why try to prove a point when you are consistently wrong and have absolutely no knowledge in the area. Let it die.

and like you said Canadians are idiots and i am a deadbeat with no job too.

constantly making degrading comments and then editing it doens't mean i didn't see it

kevdogg
11-07-2004, 02:39 PM
well, quit being a dumb Canadian and go to the web site:thumbsup: (see the underlined, click on it) if you cant afford $650-$950 for a motor you need a better job

Fuji
11-07-2004, 02:51 PM
so. 650 for a used engine. says nothing about mileage or condition. Swapping in a jdm engine is not cheap, wiring the harness and labour will cost you over 3G alone, not to mention all the missing parts of x members ECU, new exhaust DP upipes etc.

add another 7G + your 650USd and you have 8500CDN after shipping duty etc

It will add up. I have no idea why I bother arguing with you. I have done more research and spent more time on this than you AND I HAVE DONE THIS ALREADY. You are just missing the big picture. Your jsut a guy who thinks hes is right but has absolutely no clue, why try proving a point you are ignorant in and trying to sound knowledgeable.

At the end of the day you will be at 10G, but then again how would i know I need to get a job and spend money to do this...

The point of this tread was turbo kit. Learning how to read may help. Thanks for coming out. This stupid Canadian who has no job is tired of your arrogance and ignorance

2000impreza
11-07-2004, 02:55 PM
I wont be posting anymore replys this is obviously getting nowhere

lol. you contradicted yourself within a matter of several posts.

Ok, you were right, i cant get close to making my own kit for the price of a swap. (EJ20t $650, EJ20tt $950) i had no idea you meant under $1000 for a turbo kit. Why would anyone even consider boosting a EJ25 non turbo?. Maybe if you get a job it might change your definition of cheap. www.nippon-motors.com

lol. why don't go go buy one of these motors, do the swap, and let us know how it goes.. from what i can tell, its just he bare motor. no ecu, wire harness, tranny, turbo,..etc.

well, quit being a dumb Canadian and go to the web site:thumbsup: (see the underlined, click on it)

lol. you got me on that one...

Fuji
11-07-2004, 03:01 PM
well, quit being a dumb Canadian and go to the web site:thumbsup: (see the underlined, click on it) if you cant afford $650-$950 for a motor you need a better job

You can't handle being wrong can you? Plain and simple. What is the point in constantly editing your posts? I see everything you type in. My engine cost more than your whole car. I guess i do need a better job...:drama:

kevdogg
11-07-2004, 03:01 PM
if its cheaper to do a swap,tell me again why you would want a turbo kit? and $10,000 for a swap, dont be stupid

Fuji
11-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Its not any cheaper doing a turbo or swap. at the end of the day you are going to be within a few thousand of each other either way.

ya i want to buy a 15 year old engine for my swap.

WOW... how could we know this? umm maybe because we did both!

ignorant

Fuji
11-07-2004, 03:06 PM
dont be stupid

take your own advice

kevdogg
11-07-2004, 03:12 PM
You willl need 15k Cash to do it right and there is still no guarantee. There are always problems its unreliable and wil never be like stock. wow $15'000 on top of the price of the car why didnt you buy a wrx or even an Sti and save a little money

2000impreza
11-07-2004, 03:15 PM
wow $15'000 on top of the price of the car why didnt you buy a wrx or even an Sti and save a little money

obviously you have missed the point of this thread. why are you still posting.

kevdogg
11-07-2004, 03:15 PM

ya i want to buy a 15 year old engine for my swap. who cares how old it is if it only has 20k-30k on it?

kevdogg
11-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

obviously you have missed the point of this thread. why are you still posting. no you have missed the point IT DOSENT COST THAT MUCH

Fuji
11-07-2004, 03:19 PM
who cares how old it is if it only has 20k-30k on it?

20-30k on a 15 year old engine. how do you know that?

Fuji
11-07-2004, 03:21 PM
no you have missed the point IT DOSENT COST THAT MUCH

NO YOU MISSED THE POINT, posting about something when you clearly have no knowledge on the subject. Have you done it? When you say yes, then I will listen to you say ok you were right and i will laugh in your face saying I told you so.

It DOES cost that much.:closed:

2000impreza
11-07-2004, 03:23 PM
no you have missed the point IT DOSENT COST THAT MUCH

prove it... show me a cost break down of swapping that piece of shit ej20 motor in... i have researched this... unless you have facts to back it. its all BS.

i have first hand seen motors that come from places like this. i would not even consider these.

kevdogg
11-07-2004, 03:24 PM

20-30k on a 15 year old engine. how do you know that? japan has really strict emissions and rust laws and considering their extreame humidity few cars make it past there

Fuji
11-07-2004, 03:27 PM
japan has really strict emissions and rust laws and considering their extreame humidity few cars make it past there

Exaclty. So then you have Nippon buying engines from junkyards after 3-10 years and then selling them to poor gulliable suckers like yourself.

kevdogg
11-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
i have first hand seen motors that come from places like this. i would not even consider these. 90% of motor swaps in jap cars are JDM motors imported from japan. i have personaly bought 3 honda motors from them and they work great

kevdogg
11-07-2004, 03:31 PM

Exaclty. So then you have Nippon buying engines from junkyards after 3-10 years and then selling them to poor gulliable suckers like yourself. suit your self buy a worse engine for more. aluminum dosent rust, dumb ass

Fuji
11-07-2004, 03:34 PM
90% of motor swaps in jap cars are JDM motors imported from japan. i have personaly bought 3 honda motors from them and they work great

ya you bought 3 motors, which you blew up or were busted. Obviously you don't know about quality nor anything about capacity or tuning.

Kevdogg: "It's so cheap I can blow up 3 motors and it doesn' matter that I have no idea what I am talking about!"

Fuji
11-07-2004, 03:35 PM
suit your self buy a worse engine for more. aluminum dosent rust, dumb ass

Did i ever say it rusts? nope not once. who is the dumb ass making wrong assumptions al day long? YOU!
engine that sit for unmaintained outside for prolonged periods of time are not good. Plain and simple

kevdogg
11-07-2004, 03:37 PM

ya you bought 3 motors, which you blew up or were busted. Obviously you don't know about quality nor anything about capacity or tuning.

Kevdogg: "It's so cheap I can blow up 3 motors and it doesn' matter that I have no idea what I am talking about!" all 3 run great. 2 have been boosted for over a year one on 10psi on a stock bottom end and i cant tune ? all 3 are over 10 years old

Fuji
11-07-2004, 03:38 PM
:whocares: :cry: 3 engines later you may have learned something

Fuji
11-07-2004, 03:39 PM
quit condradicting yourself. It's pretty amusing you stick around after making yourself look stupid for so long.

kevdogg
11-07-2004, 03:40 PM
you keep making me laugh so much i cant leave

kevdog
11-07-2004, 03:58 PM
:whocares: :cry: 3 engines later you may have learned something i've learned that used jdm motors are a great investment and can actually increase the value of your car more than they cost

kevdog
11-07-2004, 04:00 PM
you can kick me out again if you want but your stupidity will bring me back for more laughs

benyl
11-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Awe man, I wanted to get my cents in, but you banned him!

:drama:

kevdog
11-07-2004, 04:02 PM
go ahead

benyl
11-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by kevdog
i've learned that used jdm motors are a great investment and can actually increase the value of your car more than they cost

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He is actually calling a car/motor a good investment! That is priceless.

kevdog
11-07-2004, 04:04 PM
you really are dumb

kevdog
11-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

kevdog
11-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

kevdog
11-07-2004, 05:43 PM

Superesc
11-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by kevdog
oh yeah im banned im not supost to post am i?:whocares:

k thats enough... you are gone for good.

vtec23
11-07-2004, 10:39 PM
No thanks, i'll stay:devil:

finboy
11-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by vtec23
No thanks, i'll stay:devil:

man are you that lame?

i see an IP ban comming :rolleyes:

vtec23
11-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Im lame, you're the one driving a dodge spirit. I have more IPs dont worry about me.:thumbsup:

finboy
11-07-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by vtec23
Im lame, you're the one driving a dodge spirit. I have more IPs dont worry about me.:thumbsup:

insult my car all you want, i'm not the one who keeps coming back to a website after i've been banned alteast twice

lamer :thumbsdow

vtec23
11-07-2004, 11:24 PM
"lamer" thats a new one

finboy
11-07-2004, 11:29 PM
well how about one you are used to

banned

i'm sure you'll find the meaning of it again soon enough :devil:

HOK
11-08-2004, 12:25 AM
HAHAHHAAH this is so funny... dude.. hondas a little different then subies... but i am the first to encourage you to boost your 2.5 RS. please do it.

rememeber one rule of thumb in modding cars. No matter what you do. You pay for it later. weather it be blown engines or buying the proper toys for the power.. when your going anywhere near 250 whp on a car that came stock with 100 your going to pay for it...

Chim
11-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Would I be able to get close to WRX power with all the bolt-ons?
Sounds like this is the way to go for modding an RS without spending a fortune....

tulit
11-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Chim, unfortunately not. It takes even more money to get these cars to ~220HP NA than it does low boost turboing it to reach those levels. You're looking at a minimum of needing all the bolt ons, plus at a minimum probably heads and cams.

Fuji
11-12-2004, 06:05 PM
HEre. IF you dont buy this NOw you will never get a better deal.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664838

Fuji
11-12-2004, 06:06 PM
THat is the cheatpest easiets thing i have ever seen so far. jsut buy it and ge tit over with one of you RS gusy! geez

2000impreza
11-13-2004, 03:23 PM
you still need the wrx wire harness to go with that motor. good luck with swapping the wire harness! :rofl:

GME
11-13-2004, 03:45 PM
or go here: garage tuning (http://www.garagetuning.com)

And without spending big bucks on cams, port and polishing, pistons, and other miscellaneous crap to keep the compression good, a NA RS will never be fast. i/h/e is a total waste of time in my opinion...sorry, I'm just bitter.