PDA

View Full Version : FS: Red 1990 Ford Probe GL

Phy
10-12-2004, 10:52 PM
1990 Ford Probe GL. 2.0L, 4cylinder, automatic. Red exterior, grey interior.
247,000 kms, about 60,000 of those are mine.
Cruise, power doorlocks, power seatbelts, new stereo (about a $200 Pioneer unit, nothing major.)
Asking $1850 OBO.

Yeah, yeah, I know, not quite the same caliber of performance as yer 240sxes and Preludes. I'm also asking a lot less for her. Cut me a break. :D

Anyway: This was my first car, she got me through university. I've done almost all my own maintenance and repair on her. Oil changed every 3-4 months. Washed when dirty enough to merit it.

Stuff I've replaced: All 12 hydraulic lifters, gaskets on valve head and exhaust manifold, air intake hose, alternator and power steering belts, timing belt, water pump, cat-back exhaust (stock replacement), front struts. Oh yeah, and I just adjusted the parking brake cable.

The good: More power than you'd think, coming from something that stock with no turbo. She'll beat old grandmas and unsuspecting victims off the line. :D But seriously, she's got good passing power. She won't crap out on you when you're trying to beat it around a semi.
Tons of trunk space. Maybe you wanna put new speakers in, she'll hold your subs and still have plenty of room for groceries and textbooks. (And beer!)
Pretty cheap to run, not too shabby on gas and insurance.
Winter car that oughta last you more than one winter, unlike the $300 monstrosities you get at the top end of Pick-a-Part.

The could-use-work: She pulls to the side a little under power, and probably needs a new tie-rod end on one of the front wheels.

Anyway, if you're at all interested, let me know.

Phy
10-14-2004, 08:13 AM
Bump

Wanna get this car out of my parking space ;)... ready to bargain on 'er, too.

Phy
10-15-2004, 11:00 AM
Bump again.

115 pageviews and no replies... what am I missin'?

Phy
10-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Bump.

Did I mention it comes with snow tires?