PDA

View Full Version : Supercar Lovers!

/////AMG
10-13-2004, 03:40 AM
If you love your supercars like I do, I suggest you order this online or find a shop somewhere in Canada that has this magazine.
I'm sure most of you have heard of "evo magazine". Well they just published a 260 page book on Supercars. Heres a little info I found on Auto express.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_library/dir_33/car_portal_pic_16857_t.jpg

Evo Supercars is a bumper 260-page book bringing together all of our most lavish articles on the world's fastest cars.

Join us behind the wheel of the Le Mans-winning Bentley EXP Speed 8; be inspired by Lamborghini's Murcielago driven high on the snow-covered Italian Alps, and find out what happens when you remove the speed limiter on the world's most potent production car, the Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG. And lots more...

On sale now exclusively at WHSmith high street branches priced £9.99. Available by post to overseas residents price £15.50 Europe and £19.95 for the rest of the world. To order call 01789 490215 Mon - Fri between 9am and 5pm or look for the link on the evo website homepage.

statick
10-13-2004, 08:15 AM
sweet, is this just a one issue book, or a full monthly/quarterly/etc magazine ? will there be a new one each year ?

iceburns288
10-13-2004, 10:25 AM
wtf is that ugly beast doing on the cover?:barf: :barf:

;)

jaysas_63
10-13-2004, 11:41 PM
LOL ice ur kidding right.....that MB is damn sexy

Team_Mclaren
10-13-2004, 11:55 PM
find out what happens when you remove the speed limiter on the world's most potent production car, the Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG

i thought that title still goes to the Mclaren F1, something like 248mph? do u have the book? tell me something about it?:burnout:

/////AMG
10-14-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by statick
sweet, is this just a one issue book, or a full monthly/quarterly/etc magazine ? will there be a new one each year ?

Jus tone issue book by evo magazines. I dont think they will have one very year because it's not like there is a new supercar every year.

Originally posted by iceburns288
wtf is that ugly beast doing on the cover?:barf: :barf:

;)

Originally posted by jaysas_63
LOL ice ur kidding right.....that MB is damn sexy

:werd::werd:

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

i thought that title still goes to the Mclaren F1, something like 248mph? do u have the book? tell me something about it?:burnout:

Yea I have the book, but I'm not even a quarte rin yet! It's huge! And the F1 isn't the fastest car, I'm sure the Koeinsegg (sp?) beats it. I'm no ton the Mercedes-Benz part yet either, it's alphabetical, so it starts with Aston Martin. Theres some car sin there like 2 or 3 I have never heard of, ever! I'll probably be done the book at the end of the year lol, too busy to read it. Maybe a car a day.

sin
10-14-2004, 02:57 PM
the CL65 AMG is in production currently, while the McLaren F1 is no longer in production, therefore the CL65 is the fastest "production car"

Team_Mclaren
10-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by sin
the CL65 AMG is in production currently, while the McLaren F1 is no longer in production, therefore the CL65 is the fastest "production car"

oh is that what their refering to? i get it then.... but street car ever produced wise... i think the F1 still holds the record...

iceburns288
10-14-2004, 06:40 PM
The Enzo might be able to beat it (or at least get closer) if it wasn't designed to be so stable. I'm sure driving an F1 at 240mph is scary as hell, but an Enzo is fairly easy to drive as it produces like 1200lbs of downforce at ~220. It maxes out at 1800lbs at 186mph, which is why it is so close in acceleration numbers up to ~140mph. I'm not saying the F1 is a slouch, I'm just saying if the Enzo wasn't designed to produce so much downforce then it would probably be closer to the F1s record.

I'd like to see the feature on the CL65, as that is one POWERFUL car.:eek:

BigMass
10-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Most people forget the F1 was designed first and foremost to be a road car. Track use was never in consideration. The way the Enzo was built, like the F40 and F50, was to have a "race car for the road", or an "F1 car for the road". It has many compromises. No sound deadening, no carpets, no comforts what so ever. The F1 was meant to be a drivable road car with amazing performance that someone would be able to drive every day. It even had a world class sound system. The fact that such a car still remains a benchmark to this day, 15 years after its initial design, proves it is the best that ever was, the best that is and the best that ever will be. Long live the Mclaren F1

Team_Mclaren
10-16-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by BigMass
Most people forget the F1 was designed first and foremost to be a road car. Track use was never in consideration. The way the Enzo was built, like the F40 and F50, was to have a "race car for the road", or an "F1 car for the road". It has many compromises. No sound deadening, no carpets, no comforts what so ever. The F1 was meant to be a drivable road car with amazing performance that someone would be able to drive every day. It even had a world class sound system. The fact that such a car still remains a benchmark to this day, 15 years after its initial design, proves it is the best that ever was, the best that is and the best that ever will be. Long live the Mclaren F1

:thumbsup: well said! But is it really a road car that they wanted to build?? not saying your wrong but most of the F1's were use on track and bought by teams...
with that having said, it even has a compartment to put your bags and shit!! and 2 pass seats!!!:nut: :nut:

BigMass
10-16-2004, 08:30 AM
i highly reccomend this book
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1852278412.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/1852278412/qid=1097936863/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/702-3395639-4836042

It is a great read. People that read this will understand the Mclaren was never a company car. It was basically one man's dream/design. Gordon Murray got free reign over the design of the car with no compromises.

statick
10-16-2004, 05:15 PM
does anyone know the 1/4 mile time for the CL65 AMG.

/////AMG
10-21-2004, 02:34 AM
don't know, but it does 0-60 in 4.2

http://www.engine-power.com/mercedes-benz/cl65_amg.html

C4S
10-21-2004, 10:37 AM
I still don't find where to buy it .. :dunno:

nhlfan
10-21-2004, 05:09 PM
:thumbsup: just wait for the buggatti veyron EB16/4 (i think)

1001bhp, awd.

note to self: get money.

BigMass
10-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by nhlfan
:thumbsup: just wait for the buggatti veyron EB16/4 (i think)

1001bhp, awd.

note to self: get money.

keep on waiting. If.. and that's IF the car ever makes production, they have already announced that the HP will be derated and the top speed target lowered. The car is was having major problems with stability at anything over 210mph. So no more F1 killing fantasy for VW. I predict it will be a huge money looser. The amount of money they spent on the Veryon they would have to sell it at well over $1 million just to break even on it.

The car is heavy and the 4 turbos produce so much heat they were having problems cooling the engine. They had to make changes to the car to allow for better cooling. But increasing duct sizes and adding extra vents increased the drag coefficient significatnly thus lowering the ability for high top speed.

They way the Veryon is shaping up, the EB110 looks like the way to go if you want a Bugatti.

/////AMG
10-22-2004, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by C4S
I still don't find where to buy it .. :dunno:

Originally posted by /////AMG
On sale now exclusively at WHSmith high street branches priced £9.99. Available by post to overseas residents price £15.50 Europe and £19.95 for the rest of the world. To order call 01789 490215 Mon - Fri between 9am and 5pm or look for the link on the evo website homepage.