PDA

View Full Version : Computer Tech Tips. Lesson 1:

Davan
11-22-2002, 11:44 AM
Computer Tech Tips, By Davan Wong.

Lesson 1:

How to properly dispose of hard drives that contain sensitive or private data/software.

I run my Kill Hard Drive utility on the drive.

http://www.teamimpulse.ca/posts/killhd.jpg

You know the application has run successfully when your result looks similar to this:

http://www.teamimpulse.ca/posts/deadhd.jpg

:D :D :D

Ben
11-22-2002, 11:57 AM
I took apart a harddrive once, the discs inside are sweet, super shiny and they throw well...go through drywall no problem. also, there are some extremely powerful "Rare Earth" magnets insite it too...its kinda neat to see how they work.

Davan
11-22-2002, 12:00 PM
I've got about 20 of those magnets stuck to the metal frame under my desk. They are good for making my screwdrivers magnetic. :D

Redlyne_mr2
11-22-2002, 12:00 PM
Ive always thought about holding a magnet up against a hard drive then to holding the other side of the magnet agaisnt the side of my head to see if I could transfer any of the information from the harddrive to my brain...needless to say I dont know much about computers.:rofl:

Davetronz
11-22-2002, 12:25 PM
Those magnets are fuckin amazing! I have done a few office space scenes to printers in my day ;)

rage2
11-22-2002, 12:27 PM
Open up a hard drive and plug it in... the arm moves amazingly fast!

boi-alien
11-22-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Open up a hard drive and plug it in... the arm moves amazingly fast!

no no, open it up, plug it in so it spins the disks... then u take a sharp object, ie. ballpoint pen, and start 'fixing' the data by grinding the disks!!! :D

Ben
11-22-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by crxboi

no no, open it up, plug it in so it spins the disks... then u take a sharp object, ie. ballpoint pen, and start 'fixing' the data by grinding the disks!!! :D

HAha, Manual Delete!

GTS Jeff
11-22-2002, 12:33 PM
hmm unconventional uses of computer components..

once i rigged a case fan to continuously blow over the keyboard...

and there was the time i tied some kid to a fence with a power cord...were u around for that dave?

bol
11-22-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by crxboi

i have a maxtor on my desk at work that did that to itself

one of the heads collided and got bent
scratchy scratchy!

Dope Dealer
11-22-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
and there was the time i tied some kid to a fence with a power cord...were u around for that dave?

I remember you talking about that once.

Was Mr. Briet and Mr. Lindberg working there when you went? :dunno:

GTS Jeff
11-22-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

I remember you talking about that once.

Was Mr. Briet and Mr. Lindberg working there when you went? :dunno: :dunno:

Davetronz
11-22-2002, 06:43 PM
Jeff... Yup I was there for that, altho we were laughing at you and the fool you were tying to the fence.....

Yup Jeff, we were there with Mr. Breit and Lindburgh, why you ask Ev?

Dope Dealer
11-22-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by TurboDSM
Yup Jeff, we were there with Mr. Breit and Lindburgh, why you ask Ev?

Saw them at Future Shop together a couple weeks ago. Hehe, they were trying to talk to me but I wasn't really paying attention, then I turn and see both of them laughing at me.

Davetronz
11-22-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Saw them at Future Shop together a couple weeks ago. Hehe, they were trying to talk to me but I wasn't really paying attention, then I turn and see both of them laughing at me.
Those were the most brain dead computer teachers I ever had.. I had to run the network in the computer lab when I was 14 years old cus neither of them knew how....

GTS Jeff
11-22-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by TurboDSM
Jeff... Yup I was there for that, altho we were laughing at you and the fool you were tying to the fence.....

Yup Jeff, we were there with Mr. Breit and Lindburgh, why you ask Ev? we sometimes still piss on that kids house after a nite out

Davetronz
11-23-2002, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
we sometimes still piss on that kids house after a nite out
ROTFLMFAO