PDA

View Full Version : lowering spring/coilovers...

FinalAeon
10-13-2004, 03:59 PM
i'm looking into l owering my car... and i've been looking around and their kinda expensive if u want some good ones that deliver the handeling...

are there any cheaper ones that basically lower it well but dont improve handeling and you DONT have to replace the shocks/struts?

i just wanna lower and do it cheap as possible... it's for a 96 accord lx 2 dr... and i dont need the extra handeling... dont get me wrong... i think handling's great and all, but i dont need to pay more for it... and i dont really need it...

in conclusion...
1. something cheap
2. just for lowering3. not a DEGRADE in handeling... but not an improvement either
3. dont wanna replace shocks/struts...

thx all

Fusion
10-13-2004, 04:11 PM
get neuspeed( race verson),H&R,Intrax or Ebach....lower spring. Dont waste ur money on coilover. If u get coilover without replace adjustable shock. Ur car will bouncing around like an idiot. ^_^

FinalAeon
10-13-2004, 04:35 PM
can u show me some that are good? i'm not really good at picking out good ones for teh price... i dont wanna get ripped off... :P

ryder_23
10-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by FinalAeon
in conclusion...
1. something cheap
2. just for lowering3. not a DEGRADE in handeling... but not an improvement either

in conclusion...

Dont lower your car.

I went the cheap route, didnt turn out good at all. I say, if your gonna do it, do it right, and get new shocks/struts.

But if you must go cheap. Just get some eibach/H&R springs with a minimal drop.

Fusion
10-13-2004, 05:43 PM
I like Neuspeed race lower spring and about the price u have to ask around man.

Bonka
10-13-2004, 06:25 PM
You're going to have to look at the cheaper brands..

Examples:
SpringTech
DropZone
Arospeed
Maxspeed

Running through EBay, this is generally what you will find. You can DEFINITELY pick up a set for one or two bills.

The problem is, since you want to run them with STOCK struts, you'll need to find springs with a MILD drop, somewhere in the 1-1.6" range. Anything more, and those stock struts will blow within a few months. You'll also need a camber kit for any drop near or over 2".

GTS Jeff
10-13-2004, 09:07 PM
u cant lower your car without blowing up the oem shocks eventually, plus the stiffer spring rates will mean that your shocks will be underdamping the springs, which is pretty unsafe.

what im trying to say is, being a ricer has its consequences, ricer.

turboMiata
10-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
being a ricer has its consequences, ricer.

Real ricers go for spring clamps.

jaysas_63
10-17-2004, 05:51 PM
fuck a real ricer just cuts their existing spring!!

hkcivic2k2
10-17-2004, 09:40 PM
What do u guys think about the tein s-tech springs???

never used them but their supposed to be a pretty stiff spring

Will@STRD
10-17-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by FinalAeon

in conclusion...
1. something cheap

if you want to lower the car no matter what you use it will shorten the lifespan of the shocks. But H&R or Eibach is probably the best choice for spring. But if you are just looking for something cheap then just go with Tom Coil-over

Originally posted by hkcivic2k2
What do u guys think about the tein s-tech springs???

never used them but their supposed to be a pretty stiff spring

I found the S-tech spring quite soft. You can check out their spring rate on their site www.tein.com