PDA

View Full Version : fighting parking tickets?

BumpinTalon
10-13-2004, 06:46 PM
COLES NOTES: I got two tickets for reasons I can't understand. How do I get rid of them? Or can I safely ignore them since I'm not from Calgary even though I park there every day.

I got two $40 tickets ($80 altogether ... that's a lotta cash for me at the moment) in like three days and the reason on the ticket is so vague I have no idea why I got the tickets. Both are for "not parking within the lines" even though I parked along the curb, within 30cm both times, in a zone that was apparently legal for parking (there was a green arrow pointing one way, I was underneath the sign, and half of my car was definitely legally parked and the other half was behind the sign but there was no "no parking" sign, no yellow curb, more then 5 meters from an intersection, and so on. What the hell can I do to get rid of these tickets? They are from City of Calgary BTW, but I don't register my car in Calgary (I'm from Cochrane) so is there even any point in paying them? I park at that lot every day though.

TrevorK
10-14-2004, 10:57 AM
I would assume that tickets like that (City issued ones) are Alberta wide - because the license is issued by the province. So you'll have to either pay them off or fight them.

cloud7
10-14-2004, 11:32 AM
like you said, half of your car was legal... and the other was not. You gotta park your whole car on the legal side of the sign (ie: where the arrow is pointing at). From what you're saying, there wasn't a arrow on the sign pointing the other way, therefore it was illegal to park behind the sign...

BumpinTalon
10-14-2004, 12:50 PM
i guess i gotta fight them then.