PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a newbie bike...

gorillam
10-13-2004, 11:04 PM
In the next couple of months or so I am going to be purchasing a bike, The two bikes I had in mind are...

Buell xb9s
Ktm Duke

What kind of experiances have you had with these bikes?

Are there any other bikes you would reccomend.
Keep in mind that I have 0 streetbike experiance, and havent ever even sit on a bike, I want something comfortable, handles well, sounds great, fun to ride..

I am a really experianced xc dirtbike rider, I raced DH mountain bikes for 3 years, and attended two performance driving schools...

vtec96
10-14-2004, 11:39 AM
I would recommend Suzuki GS500F !! good beginner bike...
easy to handle..great styling...ect...
this is my girl's first street bike,too..she had 0 streetbike experiance,too~ and this is the only bike she never let it down~
:thumbsup:

wildkarrde
10-14-2004, 11:49 AM
Have you seen the Sv650/1000s?
By the looks of it, you dont like bikes with alot of plastic.

gorillam
10-15-2004, 01:30 AM
Wow those SV650's are niice.....

Hmm, that is a serious consideration.

Thanks for the nfo.

Phy
10-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Gorillam - with the experience you've got on dirt, the SV650 oughta be about right. 2 caveats - the back brake on those locks up pretty easy, and the SV's got something of a rep as a wheelie monster - the V-Twin gives it a fair bit of low-down torque.

The V-Strom 650 is also pretty recommended - fits all the criteria you've listed, anyway, though the styling takes some... getting used to. It's got the same motor as the SV, but the ergos are configured more like an enduro than a sport-standard.

SOAB
10-15-2004, 10:47 AM
the new kawi Z750 might fit your needs. naked, and pretty upright seating position.